Author Topic: Worst ports of games to other consoles  (Read 26432 times)

KAGE-008

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Starlink3854
Worst ports of games to other consoles
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2012, 09:25:09 AM »
Linkrulezall
Sep 12 2012, 10:33:30 PM
1942 for the NES. It's way too slow, they replaced the whistles from the original with annoying beeps, and everything flickers too much.[/quote]Totally agreed. Took me FIVE DAMN videos to play it through. <_<

Nanashi

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2013, 11:48:35 AM »
If this counts, Pit Fighter for the SNES, a very terrible port of the Arcade original. I know of more bad ports but this sprung to mind.

Pepper-98

• View Profile
    • http://www.twitter.com/Pepper9801
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2013, 12:26:51 PM »
The PSP ports of Nippon Ichi's SPRG games like Disgaea and Phantom Brave suffer from several issues.  Disgaea 1 wasn't bad but the others had some annoying glitches and framerate issues for the grid-free games, plus Disgaea 2 had a glitch where your character would pause for a random amount of time before attacking, sometimes up to five minutes to where the music stops playing (then again, Disgaea 2 in general was a big downgrade of the first one.)

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2013, 12:27:56 PM »
Anything made by Micronics because they suck. :P

fcgamer

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2013, 01:30:21 PM »
Super Mario Bros. Deluxe for the GBC..it was good when it was the only version available, but it soon became ugly and nasty...

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2013, 01:32:27 PM »
fcgamer
Jun 7 2013, 01:30:21 PM
Super Mario Bros. Deluxe for the GBC..it was good when it was the only version available, but it soon became ugly and nasty...[/quote]I thought it was a good port. The only issue I found is that the screen is cropped, and that's really the fault of the hardware.

Robyn

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2013, 01:34:52 PM »
Awesome Panda
Jun 7 2013, 01:32:27 PM
fcgamer
Super Mario Bros. Deluxe for the GBC..it was good when it was the only version available, but it soon became ugly and nasty...[/quote]I thought it was a good port. The only issue I found is that the screen is cropped, and that's really the fault of the hardware.[/quote]I agree. It's better then what Sintax did, at least. :P

Pepper-98

• View Profile
    • http://www.twitter.com/Pepper9801
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2013, 03:04:11 PM »
Awesome Panda
Jun 7 2013, 01:32:27 PM
fcgamer
Super Mario Bros. Deluxe for the GBC..it was good when it was the only version available, but it soon became ugly and nasty...[/quote]I thought it was a good port. The only issue I found is that the screen is cropped, and that's really the fault of the hardware.[/quote]I actually thought it had better controls than the original NES game.  The only thing wrong I could find playing it was what Ronny said.

Linkrulezall

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2013, 03:42:06 PM »
fcgamer
Super Mario Bros. Deluxe for the GBC..it was good when it was the only version available, but it soon became ugly and nasty...[/quote]Fcgamer, if you want ugly and nasty then check out Super Mario 3 Special for the GBC. Or just let SpaceNinja do it for you

KAGE-008

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Starlink3854
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2013, 03:55:21 PM »
Linkrulezall
Jun 7 2013, 03:42:06 PM
Fcgamer, if you want ugly and nasty then check out Super Mario 3 Special for the GBC. Or just let SpaceNinja do it for you[/quote]SN88 left doing English videos. If you want me to do that, sure.

Linkrulezall

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2013, 04:04:53 PM »
KAGE-008
Jun 7 2013, 03:55:21 PM
Linkrulezall
Fcgamer, if you want ugly and nasty then check out Super Mario 3 Special for the GBC. Or just let SpaceNinja do it for you[/quote]SN88 left doing English videos. If you want me to do that, sure.[/quote]That link points to a video he did years ago.  :pandaaway:

fcgamer

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2013, 02:19:00 AM »
Linkrulezall
fcgamer
Super Mario Bros. Deluxe for the GBC..it was good when it was the only version available, but it soon became ugly and nasty...[/quote]Fcgamer, if you want ugly and nasty then check out Super Mario 3 Special for the GBC. Or just let SpaceNinja do it for you[/quote]You mean this one?   cool:  

Spoiler: click to toggle

Honestly though, I never had real problems with Super Mario 3 Special, other than the horrible music and controls...the visuals look alright to me.  The game is what it is, a pirate attempt to make a port of one of the best games ever made, albeit with hurried deadlines, inadequate staff, limited budgets, and a lack for caring...but it is what it is, an attempt to do something that *could* have turned out amazing.  And for that I give Makon major high fives all around, and am willing to forgive, forget, and not judge so harshly.

But regarding Super Mario Bros. Deluxe.  I got it when it first came out, and I was really excited, and played it to death.  Recently I picked up another copy of the game, and I just couldn't take it...the whole screen thing ruined it, and I think that most would agree with me that this was, to date, the worst port of Super Mario Bros. ever done by the big N.  And given their staff and resources, there really was no excuse for not figuring something out a little better than what they ended up doing.

yacopu

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2013, 04:11:19 PM »
Super Mario 3 Special's soundtrack is a trainwreck, but most of the graphics are alright despite a few odd discolorations/pixels. Also while I respect your opinion about Super Mario Bros. DX, I personally don't mind the smaller screen resolution. I honestly disliked the GBA port of the NES original (emulated) because they had to scale the screen which squished the graphics. I don't really like downscaling graphics that much when it comes to porting.

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2013, 07:43:23 PM »
Awesome Panda
Jun 7 2013, 12:27:56 PM
Anything made by Micronics because they suck. :P[/quote]I agree with this so much. I just can't stand the frame rate on their games. Their SonSon port was all right though to be honest.

Smedis2

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2013, 08:32:56 AM »
Am I the only one who really wasn't in favor of the GTA2 port for the PSX? I really don't like using car controls for walking on a console game.