Author Topic: Worst ports of games to other consoles  (Read 26876 times)

brightentayle

• A Very Punchy
  • Cutting yourself is fun, as long as you're paper.
    • View Profile
Worst ports of games to other consoles
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2013, 01:38:00 PM »
Smedis2
Sep 29 2013, 08:32:56 AM
Am I the only one who really wasn't in favor of the GTA2 port for the PSX? I really don't like using car controls for walking on a console game.[/quote]Well, believe it or not, ALL the console ports of 2D GTA games were using that layout. It's actually fine on most occassions... Unless you've really got urge to shoot someone (and aim carefully at that point).

Speaking of, am I the only guy to think that GTA2 on Game Boy Color was actually a decent game for an 8-but handheld, despite its' unbearable music (because almost every video on YT that shows this game doesn't even have missions on it)?

...and that only makes the port of the original GTA even garbagier than it already was.  :pandamad:

Ninja-Kun

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2013, 12:26:57 PM »
What about Dragon's Lair for the NES?
I always hated DL in general, but that NES version was even worse... I can't even get past the first screen!

Pepper-98

• View Profile
    • http://www.twitter.com/Pepper9801
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2013, 01:24:50 PM »
Aladdin for the NES.  It's rather sad how a bootleg company like Super Game made a far better port of the Megadrive game than a legit company; moreso seeing how ridiculously glitchy the SG game is (Hint: walk into a left wall and rapidfire the jump button.  Bonus points if you can phase through the floors.)

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2013, 05:16:13 PM »
Ninja-Kun
Oct 1 2013, 12:26:57 PM
What about Dragon's Lair for the NES?
I always hated DL in general, but that NES version was even worse... I can't even get past the first screen![/quote]As someone who actually got past the first screen, the NES version is just plain sadistic. The whole thing relies on pressing certain buttons at certain times like the original, but it's way too difficult and the controls are badly delayed which make it almost unplayable. The BS elevator sequences between levels just make it even worse.

Oh yeah, not sure if it qualifies as a port but Sensible Soccer on the PSX is awful. Bad graphics, bad controls and possibly the worst commentary in any sports game.

Yoni Arousement

• View Profile
    • http://yonihq.blogspot.com
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2013, 12:11:08 AM »
Moneyspider_Todd
Jun 18 2012, 01:50:03 PM
80% of the Street Fighter One/II Ports under the US Gold era. Most of them are pure garbage...many of the pirate ports of the NES are better than those![/quote]I agree! I did a video about the PC version of Street Fighter II using Dhalsim and won a double perfect against the first three bosses. X-Men: Children of the Atom for the PSX might also be one of the worst Arcade ports out there.

Linkrulezall

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2013, 06:10:43 PM »
Awesome Panda
Oct 1 2013, 05:16:13 PM
Oh yeah, not sure if it qualifies as a port but Sensible Soccer on the PSX is awful. Bad graphics, bad controls and possibly the worst commentary in any sports game.[/quote]Weren't they outdone by Total Soccer on Net Yaroze?

missy-tannenbaum

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2013, 09:58:56 PM »
After reading this topic and thinking about it for a bit, the least fun to play port I can think of is the Game Boy Advance version of SSX Tricky. The graphics were impressive, and looking at reviews from when it came out, it wasn't too badly regarded. I just always thought that it was dull and plagued with missing features to the point that it inspired me with vitriolic hatred, which is never a good sign. I was weirdly passionate about my love for the PS2 version of the game, though. If I were to go back and try the game again, I'm sure I'd be less inclined to condemn it, but it was such a flashy game that I'm not sure a GBA port was ever a proper fit for it.

SpaceNinja

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2013, 03:26:11 AM »
NJ045 XuanYuan Sword 3 Wai Zhuan - The Scar in the Sky - have a video of the original. I think the Jncota version named Zhan Shen Shi Jie also failed to deliver.

KAGE-008

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Starlink3854
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2013, 09:07:59 AM »
NJ098 FFIV -- worse than the three-parter one by Hengge.

Mitchykins

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2013, 04:37:49 PM »
Mega Man and Mega Man 3 for PC, though I'm not sure if those are ports since they're barely based off the source material

Just see for yourself

KAGE-008

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Starlink3854
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2013, 06:34:15 PM »
The J2ME port of Contra: Evolution Revolution. I'd rather play the Android version, which is better.

wario_101

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2014, 08:36:59 PM »
Definitley Super Mario Sunshine. (A pirate I found advetised on a Russian website.) This one is on the Sega Genesis.

Duckss farm

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.ws/duckss/
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2014, 03:09:20 PM »
my list of terrible games ported on another console:
-Worms for genesis/snes(Because it needs more graphics and stuff to be like an original dos game)
-Any Worms port for PSX,except worms 1 (Graphics are terrible in pixels,AI works like oldman...)
-Tekken port for GBA (it's like TK3 mixed up with TTT,no winposes,fake 3d...)
-Rayman for GBC
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 03:10:06 PM by Duckss farm »

Kvnrdrguez

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2016, 06:09:16 PM »
In my opinion doom for the GBA takes the cake for worst port.I mean its okay... until you go the the last two stages. Then the framerate drops BIG TIME. just try it on VBA and you will see what i mean.

Doom GBA Rom:http://www.emuparadise.me/Nintendo_Gameboy_Advance_ROMs/Doom_%28U%29%28Mode7%29/43393-download

Colonel Llama

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2016, 07:30:01 PM »
BPS' totally failed port of Tetris on NES. Hilariously bad controls included (because they managed to do so)
"May the Schwartz be with you"
                                       -Yogurt