Author Topic: Bootleg Toys  (Read 23787 times)

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2011, 02:44:56 AM »
Faceplant
Aug 25 2011, 10:43:39 PM
"Fish stick fish stick, where are you?" ROFL, that is now my 2nd favorite bootleg toy, only beaten by "Bear of Interest" simply because I love that title so much..[/quote]I dunno, I don't think anything could top a toy that plays Uzi Lover. :P

Linkrulezall

• View Profile
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2011, 05:13:32 PM »
Remember the first bootleg on this page, the Super Change Tomas? well, I think I may know where they came from. Lo and behold, This cartoon that an independent animator made for his son.

Also, while I couldn't find The travelion knockoff version, I did find The other variety on Ebay. I'm not encouraging anyone here to buy it, but that's like putting a pie in front of a child and telling him not to eat it. They're up for 8.50 US dollars. And also, if you search for Thomas Transformer on ebay, some poor sap thinks he has a rare item when it's clearly the bootleg, and he's selling it for 150 bucks!

:P
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 12:19:42 PM by Linkrulezall »

Linkrulezall

• View Profile
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2011, 04:04:51 PM »
Remember that creepy mutant flashing Nemo from the first page of this topic? Well, I found out that it's based off the very real and totally official iFish.

And since I'm contractually obligated to bring up another bootleg toy line, I went to a swap meet and found some bootleg Team Fortress 2 figures! They came in packs of 2, and you can get 'em for 2 bucks a piece. I bought the Heavy, Scout, Sniper, and Spy. There's no fancy lights or sound, though, which explains why they were essentially a buck apiece. The card at the top says Team Fortress 3, and they're contained in terrible plastic bags that feel like sandvich bags. I'll be uploading pics of them soon.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Pepper-98

• View Profile
    • http://www.twitter.com/Pepper9801
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2011, 04:14:48 PM »
Cheetahmen
Sep 4 2011, 03:58:08 PM
mimitchi33
Sep 4 2011, 03:41:06 PM
Here are some bootleg toys in Los Angeles, California, including Toy Story and My Little Pony.
Speaking of bootlegged My Little Pony, here is a website devoted to them.
And here is the collection of a collector of My Little Pony fakies.[/quote]I think the term "fake and gay" would apply here. :X[/quote]So very, very true.  I also found it strange that there would be bootleg Chicken Little toys, since I don't remember there being toys of that movie.  Though do excuse me if I can't remember which of the five jillion movies that Pixar/Disney/whoever put out had shitloads of merchandise made off of them and which didn't.

mimitchi33

• View Profile
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2011, 08:26:39 PM »
Qiezei
Sep 4 2011, 04:14:48 PM
Cheetahmen
Sep 4 2011, 03:58:08 PM
I also found it strange that there would be bootleg Chicken Little toys, since I don't remember there being toys of that movie.  Though do excuse me if I can't remember which of the five jillion movies that Pixar/Disney/whoever put out had shitloads of merchandise made off of them and which didn't.[/quote]

There were some Chicken Little toys back when the movie was out. There were even some Happy Meal toys based on that movie!
Remember the Gout toy from page one? Now you can buy one of your very own from Sir India!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 08:27:01 PM by mimitchi33 »

Linkrulezall

• View Profile
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2011, 12:27:26 PM »
Remember the Gout toy from page one? Now you can buy one of your very own from Sir India!
[/quote]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!
 :faint:
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 12:28:17 PM by Linkrulezall »

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2011, 12:54:32 PM »
Sir India

Ships to: India[/quote]Call me crazy, but I don't think anyone on this forum lives there. :unsure:
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 12:55:19 PM by Awesome Panda »

mimitchi33

• View Profile
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2011, 08:50:16 PM »
More Disney bootlegs!
I don't think I remember the scene in Toy Story 3 where Woody has Vietnam flashbacks while his heart lights up.
Hey, it's Mr Incredible! Wow, his eyes light up, too!

Here are some bootlegs aimed at boys.
Superman rides a dinosaur...
Here's a Spiderman Laptop. And instead of Eurodance, like most bootlegs that are like this (Bear Of The Interest), it plays a nursery rhyme.
A very noisy Power Rangers figure.
A Spiderman that makes tons of sounds, including a car alarm,a phone,Buzz Lightyear shooting a ray and...The cry of the Pokemon named Ghastly! What the heck were they thinking?

Oh, and I saw a bootleg Thomas The Tank Engine toy at the mall on 9/11/2011 that played either Smile DK's Butterfly or Aqua's Lollipop. Again, what the heck?
You can now buy your very own Funny Car King on eBay! The one that plays Sophie's My World!

« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 08:58:14 PM by mimitchi33 »

mimitchi33

• View Profile
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2011, 09:52:26 PM »
Well, I went to the mall today, and the song of the day for most of the toys was "Kiss Kiss" by the Vengaboys. O.o And a train set that played a song that I have seen many times this year that (I think) plays a song that sounds like this Pokemon one!

Anyway, here are 2 funny knockoffs I found on some websites.
Here's another variation of the Gout car...but he's Mr Bear this time!
A generic toy train with hilarious Engrish. "More new items avalible!" Wait, do the little kiddies have to collect every toy that plays the same song this plays?

Linkrulezall

• View Profile
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2011, 11:20:43 PM »
I've returned to that crazy flea market that I've mentioned beforehand (I'd much prefer the one across the street from the one repeatedly mentioned on this forumif I actually want anything that isn't fake) and found a fakey-fake Sonic plush with a voice chip in its head that plays Mr. Brownstone (with Motherf**ker still intact.)

I actually bought this one (2 bucks) and recorded a video of it. The audio was incredibly quiet, so I actually had to record it seperate (no way to change the batteries in this one, It'll probably be a mass of corrosion in 2 months) and edit it in using windows movie maker

Warning: Contains Profanity
Spoiler: click to toggle
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 11:21:13 PM by Linkrulezall »

mimitchi33

• View Profile
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2011, 06:25:14 PM »
Linkrulezall
Sep 23 2011, 11:20:43 PM
I've returned to that crazy flea market that I've mentioned beforehand (I'd much prefer the one across the street from the one repeatedly mentioned on this forumif I actually want anything that isn't fake) and found a fakey-fake Sonic plush with a voice chip in its head that plays Mr. Brownstone (with Motherf**ker still intact.)
[/quote]What the heck? Why would somebody make a bootleg that sings a song with cusses in it? (And it's also the song from the Pikachu train you mentioned earlier.)

Here are more bootleg toy videos:
Thomas the Tank Engine says it's OK to play with guns! (That's what it is supposed to be, by the way).
Oh no, the "Pooh" on top of this bootleg train is naked!
I never knew that babies crawl while their hands and feet are glowing.
More Pooh stuff. It seems like Pooh gave birth to three babies in order to make this bootleg.

And here's a funny article on Engrish toy bootlegs called Adventures in Engrish.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2011, 06:38:32 PM »
mimitchi33
Sep 25 2011, 06:25:14 PM
Linkrulezall
Sep 23 2011, 11:20:43 PM
[/quote]What the heck? Why would somebody make a bootleg that sings a song with cusses in it? (And it's also the song from the Pikachu train you mentioned earlier.)[/quote]Probably because quality control doesn't apply to bootleg toys. :whistle:

Linkrulezall

• View Profile
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2011, 07:25:18 PM »
mimitchi33
Sep 19 2011, 08:50:16 PM
You can now buy your very own Funny Car King on eBay! The one that plays Sophie's My World!

[/quote]That's not THE funny car king, This Is. The jokers at wmsholdings2010llc on ebay basically sell nothing but knockoffs. I also found Gusto Choochoo and a "Winnie Thr Pooh" toy phone among others mentioned previously here.