Author Topic: Bootleg Toys  (Read 23822 times)

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2011, 06:01:25 AM »
taizou
Aug 8 2011, 09:51:17 PM
Cheetahmen
Aug 8 2011, 08:08:42 PM
fags[/quote]uh, i don't mean to be a pain in the arse or anything, but could you not? it kinda bothers me when people throw that around.[/quote]Apologies, I've kind of got used to it after hearing idiots say it constantly on CoD/Halo/whatever griefing videos. :unsure:

Moving on, I found yet another page with some bootleg toys, mainly cheapo action figure sets. One of them features Naruto for no apparent reason. He barely qualifies as a ninja, let alone a super hero. :P I also love the obvious photoshop job on the Puffer Ball box. (I don't think that counts a bootleg toy, but whatever)

mimitchi33

• View Profile
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2011, 09:26:45 AM »
Not even toy phenomenons of many years ago can prevent themselves from bootlegers.

Here's the Furbish, a knockoff of the Furby! This article has funny statements about the toy, and even states that if you change channels on a TV, he will wake up! In this video, they show what actually happens during a chat between the Furbish and a Japanese Furby.,
Then there's the Furdy, which was found in the UK at the peak of the Furby craze. It wears a bow tie that also can be taken off, so that's an easy way to tell if your Furby is, well, a Furdy! It also sings Old McDonald, like the Furbish in the video above! This is a video demo of some things this lovely knockoff does!

Tamagotchis, another "toy phenomenon", have been bootleged as well. Here's an example of a Japanese Tamagotchi bootleg, Thimagotcha Color.
This site has tons of knockoff Tamagotchi toys.

It's time to take a trip waaaaaaay back in time, because back in the 80's, there was such thing as bootleg Cabbage Patch Kids! There are a few articles on the web about them. This article said that they have a kerosene smell instead of the iconic baby power smell. And this one states why children at Diamond Bar Elememtary Schools can't bring in dolls to school-guess which counterfeit doll was the culprit?

And about the SpongeBob Caramelldansen thing-I didn't see it, someone else on YouTube said they saw it in NYC on one of the Mike Mozart videos-I think it was the one with "A pooh friction is very interesting" on the box of the toy that played "Around The World"?

By the way, if you want to know the verse that was used for that particular Pooh Toy, it's: "Little by little, it's the finest meal, it's appetite for hope..."

I saw the Lightning McQueen with the Sophie soundchip and Gout at a dollar store once. I even once had a nightmare where I was at a dollar store and every toy in the store played it. I often hear it in dreams where I go to discount stores because well, as I said before, it really freaks me out.

Edit:Yet another bootleg of a toy phenomenon: Beanie Babies.

Bootleg Bob's has tons of knockoffs toys on his blog.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 09:36:21 AM by mimitchi33 »

Storybelle

• View Profile
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2011, 09:49:34 AM »
That line in Lollipop that Bear Of The Interest plays sounded to me like "I wish that I wore a bubblegum, chewing on me, baby, all day long". So here comes the good part:
Does Bear Of The Interest want to wear a bubblegum wrapper, or become a bubblegum dance group? (that's another name for Europop, by the way)

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2011, 09:53:10 AM »
mimitchi33
Aug 9 2011, 09:26:45 AM
It's time to take a trip waaaaaaay back in time, because back in the 80's, there was such thing as bootleg Cabbage Patch Kids! There are a few articles on the web about them. This article said that they have a kerosene smell instead of the iconic baby power smell. And this one states why children at Diamond Bar Elememtary Schools can't bring in dolls to school-guess which counterfeit doll was the culprit?[/quote]Well, with toys as dangerous as that it's no wonder counterfeit ones are illegalised. >_> Quite frankly, some of the people who produce these things are absolute cunts, to put it simply.

Storybelle

• View Profile
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2011, 09:58:32 PM »
mimitchi33
1.Here's the Furbish, a knockoff of the Furby! This article has funny statements about the toy, and even states that if you change channels on a TV, he will wake up! In this video, they show what actually happens during a chat between the Furbish and a Japanese Furby.,
Then there's the Furdy, which was found in the UK at the peak of the Furby craze. It wears a bow tie that also can be taken off, so that's an easy way to tell if your Furby is, well, a Furdy! It also sings Old McDonald, like the Furbish in the video above! This is a video demo of some things this lovely knockoff does!

2.Tamagotchis, another "toy phenomenon", have been bootleged as well. Here's an example of a Japanese Tamagotchi bootleg, Thimagotcha Color.

3.It's time to take a trip waaaaaaay back in time, because back in the 80's, there was such thing as bootleg Cabbage Patch Kids! There are a few articles on the web about them. This article said that they have a kerosene smell instead of the iconic baby power smell. And this one states why children at Diamond Bar Elememtary Schools can't bring in dolls to school-guess which counterfeit doll was the culprit?

4.And about the SpongeBob Caramelldansen thing-I didn't see it, someone else on YouTube said they saw it in NYC on one of the Mike Mozart videos-I think it was the one with "A pooh friction is very interesting" on the box of the toy that played "Around The World"?
5. I even once had a nightmare where I was at a dollar store and every toy in the store played it. I often hear it in dreams where I go to discount stores because well, as I said before, it really freaks me out.

[/quote]1."Furbish just let out a Dah-Pee!" <-This made it a page of the day for me, at least!  :dance:

2.Why does the Thimagotcha have "We are Familitchi!" and a Hello Kitty lanyard, if it's a rip of the + color?

3.Oh, and my friend Brights Brightly had a bootleg Cabbage Patch. She called it a "Kerosene Kid". We even parodied the first song on Cabbage Patch Dreams to make fun of her doll!

4.These Spongebob dolls that sing Caramelldansen are for real? What's next, a Dora The Explorer doll that sings Justin Bieber or an Elmo singing Soulja Boy?

5.Oooh....spooky!

« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 09:59:00 PM by Storybelle »

Linkrulezall

• View Profile
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2011, 11:55:52 AM »
Storybelle
Aug 9 2011, 09:58:32 PM
4.These Spongebob dolls that sing Caramelldansen are for real? What's next, a Dora The Explorer doll that sings Justin Bieber or an Elmo singing Soulja Boy?

[/quote]Well, I went back to the flea market again, and I came across a fake Jimmy Neutron that sings... Uzi Lover by Fur Q. WHAT?!

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2011, 12:19:00 PM »
dude seriously? as in, this one, the parody song from the Day Today? that's, like, the most amazing thing ever. o_o if you buy that and put a video on youtube you will be the king of the internet.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2011, 12:23:36 PM »
Linkrulezall
Aug 12 2011, 11:55:52 AM
Storybelle
Aug 9 2011, 09:58:32 PM

[/quote]Well, I went back to the flea market again, and I came across a fake Jimmy Neutron that sings... Uzi Lover by Fur Q. WHAT?![/quote]Are you sure you weren't watching one of my Youtube Poops? :X Incidentally, I wonder if Phil Collins could sue the company that made it, seeing as the "song" used a sample from Easy Lover.

Either way, nice to see that the bootleggers have good comedy taste. ;D

Linkrulezall

• View Profile
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2011, 12:30:33 PM »
I swear I'm not kidding! It really did sing that song! Either that or I was drugged, as Cheetahmen hinted to earlier, but I don't think that's the case.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2011, 12:35:55 PM »
Well I sincerely hope you weren't, simply because a Jimmy Neutron toy going "Uzi like a metal dick in my hand, magazine like a big testicle gland" would be the best thing since sliced bread. :D

I wonder if there's a Spongebob toy that constantly says "John Fashanu" while dramatic music plays in the background.

Pepper-98

• View Profile
    • http://www.twitter.com/Pepper9801
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2011, 06:56:26 PM »
Buy that toy.  Buy that goddamn toy and upload a video of it in action.  I'll pay for the camera and the toy, just do it.*

*So long as the toy & camera don't have a total value of over $8.00 USD.

Veemon

• View Profile
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2011, 12:59:52 AM »
mimitchi33
Tamagotchis, another "toy phenomenon", have been bootleged as well. Here's an example of a Japanese Tamagotchi bootleg, Thimagotcha Color.

[/quote]Lol I looked at some of those, and they have one with a stylist, wtf? Wouldn't be surprised if it didn't even work considering the Thimagotcha Color wasn't even in color!

Oh btw I just remembered how I actually have these weird pirated/unlicensed Pokemon posters. One is of the Mewtwo Strikes Back movie poster, where they badly photoshoped an image of Mewtwo onto the poster, and apparently he was in some kind of yellow background so there's yellow all around him and in between him. Also on the same poster there are two Pikachus, and they're also poorly photoshoped on there. One is the Gen 1 Pikachu and the other is the I think either Gen 2 or 3 Pikachu, problem is the character designs look different so they don't even match. The second one is a big Pikachu on a green poster. This one's not as bad, just that Pikachu looks like it was a very small image they increased the size of so it looks like very bad quality. And the last on is of a whole bunch of Pokemon, this actually doesn't look that bad, I forget completely what it looked like. I have to dig those things out of storage lol.

FlanDo

• View Profile
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2011, 09:09:21 PM »
I payed a dollar for a foam rocket shooter with "super rochet launcher" on it. The "rochet" broke 2 weeks later. Along with a cheap baseball set with cardboard bat. Go figure.

Linkrulezall

• View Profile
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2011, 03:19:31 PM »

Doomkid

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.ws/doomkid/
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2011, 10:43:39 PM »
"Fish stick fish stick, where are you?" ROFL, that is now my 2nd favorite bootleg toy, only beaten by "Bear of Interest" simply because I love that title so much..