Author Topic: Bootleg Toys  (Read 23794 times)

Linkrulezall

• View Profile
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2011, 09:42:19 PM »
Sorry about the bump but trust me, this REALLY deserves it. I can't find the figure this came with, but I saved the card, and you'll see why.

Reason 1 - The sheer blatant fakery
Reason 2 - The hilarious typo in the name

I scanned the card this came with, sharpened up the image a little (shrunk the size), cropped out the white, and BAM!
Spoiler: click to toggle

I personally think that name smokes out Bear of the Intrest and Vague Shat as far as bootleg names go.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2011, 02:18:52 AM »
Just out of interest, where did you get that thing? /:)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 02:19:34 AM by Awesome Panda »

Linkrulezall

• View Profile
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2011, 04:00:44 PM »
Cheetahmen
Sep 27 2011, 02:18:52 AM
Just out of interest, where did you get that thing? /:)[/quote]I believe this came from a dollar store.

mimitchi33

• View Profile
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2011, 04:18:44 PM »
Faceplant
Aug 25 2011, 10:43:39 PM
More Nemo crap. Just as scary as the first one.
"Fish stick fish stick, where are you?" ROFL, that is now my 2nd favorite bootleg toy, only beaten by "Bear of Interest" simply because I love that title so much..[/quote]Well, my favorite bootleg toy just happens to be this bootleg Shugo Chara Humpty Lock.

After all of those "superheroes on motorcycle" bootlegs, like the SailorBike, you thought they wouldn't get any of the baby shows, would they? Now there's Motorcycle Winnie The Pooh! (Although there was another Pooh one earlier in this thread, this looks too attracting to kiddies!

Ladies and gentlemen, the first toy from the movie Cars 3! Well, what do you expect from this bootleg?

This is for Linkrulezall. It's a Thomas the Tank engine that has a pop-out mini Transformer at the top.

I don't remember "Bakugaun" having a "BakuCar" during the series.

This is the Toy Story 3 Police Car, and the scary thing is that it's actually safe for ages 3 and up!

« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 04:20:19 PM by mimitchi33 »

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2011, 07:47:54 PM »
It's some bunny flashing colors riding a cat whose eyes blink red. I'm more interested in that ripoff Mickey thing behind it.

Linkrulezall

• View Profile
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2011, 10:08:46 AM »
Here's a bunch of fake toys found and seized in a warehouse. Some of it is slightly interesting, lika a fake Doctor Who car, "Bear and Tiger" walkie talkies, a version of the Funny Car King that actually says Cars instead of King, and many more.

Then there's a bootleg Halo assault rifle.

This guy made a video featuringa pack of fake Yu-Gi-Oh cards, a really weird fake gun, and a really crappy microphone.

And finally, my nephew got a red and blue flashing RC car that rather than eurodance, plays belly-dancing music.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 10:18:54 AM by Linkrulezall »

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2011, 10:18:40 AM »
Funny how whenever bootlegged stuff like this appears in the UK, it always seems to be Manchester for some odd reason. :P

Linkrulezall

• View Profile
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2011, 10:21:54 AM »
Cheetahmen
Oct 15 2011, 10:18:40 AM
Funny how whenever bootlegged stuff like this appears in the UK, it always seems to be Manchester for some odd reason. :P[/quote]Is that why the Action 52 Game is so messed up?  >;)

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2011, 10:23:16 AM »
Linkrulezall
Oct 15 2011, 10:21:54 AM
Cheetahmen
Oct 15 2011, 10:18:40 AM
Funny how whenever bootlegged stuff like this appears in the UK, it always seems to be Manchester for some odd reason. :P[/quote]Is that why the Action 52 Game is so messed up?  >;) [/quote]I don't live there so probably not. :rolleyes:

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #85 on: October 15, 2011, 04:24:19 PM »
Well I lived there for a long time, a lot of distributors of dodgy plug & play consoles and the like were based in the area. Power Joy UK for example used to be about a 5 minute walk from my house. But that was before I had any idea about pirates so I never thought to go and pay them a visit D:

I'm not sure why its such a hub of bootleggy activity though - even though all the distributors are based there, I rarely ever saw anything like that in shops or anything, or even on market stalls. Apart from the "Wow" console I got late last year anyway. There was far more in Hull really.

mimitchi33

• View Profile
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #86 on: October 31, 2011, 09:15:47 PM »
You know the Dazzling Magic Bar I showed you earlier? Well, as it turns out that the wand was not a bootleger's one-of-a-kind attempt at a knock-off Dream Torch from Pretty Cure, but from a show called Balala Magic Fairy.
More Cars crap. Just as scary as the one with too many wheels.
A whole site deticated to bootleg Sonic stuff.
Think Thomas was the only kiddie show that can be a Transformer? Now there's Mouseformers, featuring everybody's favorite mouse, Mickey Mouse!
Pocket Monica Chess, a really weird chess game with poor spelling and spacing errors.

And now, here's a 5-parter about bootleg toys at flea markets!
Start at Part One, featuring the Spiderman telephone!

Linkrulezall

• View Profile
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #87 on: October 31, 2011, 10:18:22 PM »
mimitchi33
Oct 31 2011, 09:15:47 PM
You know the Dazzling Magic Bar I showed you earlier? Well, as it turns out that the wand was not a bootleger's one-of-a-kind attempt at a knock-off Dream Torch from Pretty Cure, but from a show called Balala Magic Fairy.
More Cars crap. Just as scary as the one with too many wheels.
A whole site deticated to bootleg Sonic stuff.
Think Thomas was the only kiddie show that can be a Transformer? Now there's Mouseformers, featuring everybody's favorite mouse, Mickey Mouse!
Pocket Monica Chess, a really weird chess game with poor spelling and spacing errors.

And now, here's a 5-parter about bootleg toys at flea markets!
Start at Part One, featuring the Spiderman telephone![/quote]Sorry to tell you, but most of what you mentioned here has already been brought up in previous posts  :X

mimitchi33

• View Profile
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #88 on: November 08, 2011, 05:50:59 PM »
More hilarious bootlegs for you!
I've seen educational laptops for little kids and for mahou shoujo anime, but really...a Hannah Montana educational laptop?
Yet another BakuCar.And this same BakuCar comes in red, too!
With Dora the Explorer makeup, you can be "as pretty as Dora can be!"
Spongebob with a pink face... and why is it with a bird?
Let's go fishing with Winnie The Pooh!

Parodius Duh

• View Profile
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #89 on: November 10, 2011, 09:08:44 PM »
Now I need to go to the local dollar stores and see what weirdness they have to offer! Id love to get my hands on the Super Change Thomas Transformer, thats...just...He would look good next to Megatron and the other Decepticons!