Author Topic: Bootleg Toys  (Read 23335 times)

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2011, 08:36:55 AM »
Linkrulezall
Jun 5 2011, 03:02:14 PM
Also, This Japanese Youtube User has videos of all sorts of knockoffs.[/quote]Heh, that's actually where I originally found the "Bear of the Interest" video. :lol:

And yeah, it would not surprise me at all if Doraelephantmon's drum loop is sampled from somewhere else.
Someone has actually created the Happy Drummer Cat D'n'B remix. And someone else has a dubstep remix. Lulz. (And yes, that is Doraelephantmon's real name, according to its packaging.)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 08:44:03 AM by codeman38 »

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2011, 03:15:32 PM »
I could be wrong, but isn't anyone allowed to delete their own posts? :huh:

Back on topic, I just found this blog about bootleg toys. Don't think anyone else mentioned this on here before (and if they did then I really need to go to Specsavers) but as you'd expect, there's lots of ridiculous bootleg toys there. I love how there's a whole section on the Mighty Ducks. :P

Did it for him so meh -KingPepe
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 05:35:06 PM by KingPepe »

Linkrulezall

• View Profile
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2011, 08:09:27 PM »
Cheetahmen
Jun 7 2011, 03:15:32 PM
Back on topic, I just found this blog about bootleg toys. Don't think anyone else mentioned this on here before (and if they did then I really need to go to Specsavers)
[/quote]If you look on both of Brydo's bootleg toy vids there's watermarks from that site on many of the pictures.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 08:10:04 PM by Linkrulezall »

Linkrulezall

• View Profile
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2011, 08:43:42 PM »
Apologies for whacking a dead horse (or in this case, a dead post) for the umpteenth time, but I've got some more news regarding the bootleg toys.

I was in a flea market a few days ago and there was a few chinese guys who unloaded a huge truckload of crap chinese knockoffs. Among these was Gusto Choochoo, a Thomas knockoff which I found a video of on youtube. It actually looks quite a lot like thomas and sounds quite a lot like a train, so they're headed the right way. Unfortunately, they mucked it up with all the strobe lights.  >_>

Then there's The Pooh Train which seems less like a train and more like a mutant rolling seizure-inducing dance club with the same sound chip as Mike's 3rd "Lightning McQueen" bootleg.  :shock:

I didn't bring a camera, and I couldn't find a video of this one. It's a Pikachu driving a Ferrari with a sped-up loop of Mr. Brownstone by Guns N' Roses (With the word Motherf**ker still included) with flashing headlights. Pikachu bops his head, and a random anime girl in the trunk.  O_o

Well that rounds out the trifecta. Pretty weird, huh? I would upload my re-creation of the Brownstone loop, but I can't find a reliable audio server.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2011, 08:48:03 PM »
Linkrulezall
Aug 7 2011, 08:43:42 PM
I didn't bring a camera, and I couldn't find a video of this one. It's a Pikachu driving a Ferrari with a sped-up loop of Mr. Brownstone by Guns N' Roses (With the word Motherf**ker still included) with flashing headlights. Pikachu bops his head, and a random anime girl in the trunk.  O_o[/quote]I really need to buy one of those. :lol: Do you know what it's called?

Linkrulezall

• View Profile
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2011, 08:53:00 PM »
Cheetahmen
Aug 7 2011, 08:48:03 PM
Linkrulezall
I didn't bring a camera, and I couldn't find a video of this one. It's a Pikachu driving a Ferrari with a sped-up loop of Mr. Brownstone by Guns N' Roses (With the word Motherf**ker still included) with flashing headlights. Pikachu bops his head, and a random anime girl in the trunk.  O_o[/quote]I really need to buy one of those. :lol: Do you know what it's called?[/quote]I might be mistaken, but I believe it's called Road Pika or Pika Roadster.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 08:57:07 PM by Linkrulezall »

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2011, 08:59:16 PM »
Linkrulezall
Aug 7 2011, 08:53:00 PM
Cheetahmen
Aug 7 2011, 08:48:03 PM
Linkrulezall
I didn't bring a camera, and I couldn't find a video of this one. It's a Pikachu driving a Ferrari with a sped-up loop of Mr. Brownstone by Guns N' Roses (With the word Motherf**ker still included) with flashing headlights. Pikachu bops his head, and a random anime girl in the trunk.  O_o[/quote]I really need to buy one of those. :lol: Do you know what it's called?[/quote]I might be mistaken, but I believe it's called Road Pika or Pika Roadster.[/quote]Well I can't find anything about it. :\ I'm guessing you either got the name wrong or the toy itself has somehow managed to obscure itself from the internet.

Edit: While looking for it, I managed to find something arguably more ridiculous. A page of 11 unlicensed toys with the last one undoubtedly being the weirdest. Apparently, it's a bag based off House M.D. and Quake III Arena with the Apple logo, a pink Pikachu and that bloke from The Prodigy. :rolleyes:

Edit 2: On closer inspection, that last one is probably a photoshop job. Wouldn't be surprised (well, not entirely) if it was real though. :whistle:
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 09:09:46 PM by Awesome Panda »

Linkrulezall

• View Profile
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2011, 09:13:05 PM »
Cheetahmen
Aug 7 2011, 08:59:16 PM
Well I can't find anything about it. :\ I'm guessing you either got the name wrong or the toy itself has somehow managed to obscure itself from the internet.[/quote]I tried REALLY hard to find something on it before posting here. I did, however find out that the chick in the trunk seemed to be modeled after Youko from Inukami. I did see a lot more pikachu bootlegs at the flea market, but all i have are names and brief descriptions.

SuperCycle - Pikachu on a motorcycle with the brownstone chip in it. I think they came from the same company.
Pokemon vs Panda - a badly motorized diorama of a panda beating the crap out of pikachu.
Air Soldier - a toy plane with a badly sculpted pikachu in the pilot's seat. I broke the propeller just by touching it.
Vibrating Pikachu - No comment. Page on it here
Jamacan Pikachu - The one from Brydo's second bootleg toys video, but with a very plain box.
WAR PIKA - Pikachu holding a TEC-9 while screaming something I can't understand. The TEC-9 flashes.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2011, 09:16:57 PM »
Are you sure you weren't drugged when you were at that flea market? If you could buy some of those toys (at least the first one) then you would win several internets. ;)

Linkrulezall

• View Profile
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2011, 09:52:48 PM »
Cheetahmen
Aug 7 2011, 09:16:57 PM
Are you sure you weren't drugged when you were at that flea market? If you could buy some of those toys (at least the first one) then you would win several internets. ;)[/quote]I'll look when I'm at the flea market again, but I'll bet you several internets that those vendors were raided.

mimitchi33

• View Profile
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2011, 11:18:26 AM »
Cheetahmen
Apr 14 2011, 05:32:26 AM
Oh, yeah, another thing: as I hinted at above with Bear of the Interest, bootleg toy makers love their Eurodance.[/quote]

There was a whole topic on Bubblegum Dancer about toys and Eurodance!

Cheetahmen
There are a bunch of toy phones-- including the infamous "Benign Girl" line-- that play the first line of Smile.DK's "Butterfly" in a loop. And then there's the Spiderman knockoff version.[/quote]

I heard of somebody who had a Tokyo Mew Mew "Super Telephone" that played that song.
Cheetahmen

And then there's these Pooh toys reviewed by Mike Mozart. One of them plays "Around the World" by Aqua; the other is "My World" by Sophie. And then there's a Lightning McQueen knockoff that plays 2 Unlimited. [/quote]
"A pooh friction is very interesting."

Cheetahmen

A strange mutant Lightning McQueen with wheels going around larger wheels, that plays... "The Lonely Goatherd" from The Sound Of Music. What.[/quote]
He's whistling The Loney Goatherd, not singing it!
Cheetahmen

Edit: Yet another one with the Sophie sound chip: Creepy Mutant Flashing Nemo[/url][/quote]
That song scares me to death when it's on toys! It's the reason I don't go to dollar shops and toy stands in malls!

Oh, and I've heard of Spongebob toys that play Caramelldansen being sold in NYC. Don't laugh, it's true!

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2011, 11:30:42 AM »
mimitchi33
Aug 8 2011, 11:18:26 AM
Cheetahmen

Edit: Yet another one with the Sophie sound chip: Creepy Mutant Flashing Nemo[/url][/quote]
That song scares me to death when it's on toys! It's the reason I don't go to dollar shops and toy stands in malls!

Oh, and I've heard of Spongebob toys that play Caramelldansen being sold in NYC. Don't laugh, it's true!

[/quote]Good thing I don't live in New York then, because I'd probably have to destroy it. :X BTW, I think you'll find that none of those quotes are from me. :P

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2011, 04:55:11 PM »
Cheetahmen
Edit: While looking for it, I managed to find something arguably more ridiculous. A page of 11 unlicensed toys with the last one undoubtedly being the weirdest. Apparently, it's a bag based off House M.D. and Quake III Arena with the Apple logo, a pink Pikachu and that bloke from The Prodigy. :rolleyes:

Edit 2: On closer inspection, that last one is probably a photoshop job. Wouldn't be surprised (well, not entirely) if it was real though. :whistle:[/quote]That last one is indeed a Photoshop-- but it's based on the very real Harry Potter Obama Sonic bookbag.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2011, 08:08:42 PM »
codeman38
Aug 8 2011, 04:55:11 PM
Cheetahmen

Edit 2: On closer inspection, that last one is probably a photoshop job. Wouldn't be surprised (well, not entirely) if it was real though. :whistle:[/quote]That last one is indeed a Photoshop-- but it's based on the very real Harry Potter Obama Sonic bookbag.[/quote]I'm aware of that one already; I figured whoever produced that made a line of "bags with a load of nonsensical decals". They need to make one based off Harry's Legend or something.

BTW, I just found 11 pages worth of Sonic bootlegs. I don't even know where to start here, hence why I provided the link. Quite frankly, some of these things are produced so lazily wouldn't be surprised if Sonicfags made them. :P

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
Bootleg Toys
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2011, 09:51:17 PM »
Cheetahmen
Aug 8 2011, 08:08:42 PM
fags[/quote]uh, i don't mean to be a pain in the arse or anything, but could you not? it kinda bothers me when people throw that around.