Author Topic: need some help sorting a few gbc pirate dumps...  (Read 13710 times)

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
need some help sorting a few gbc pirate dumps...
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2011, 07:02:25 PM »
Nah, the other two should be fine. YYCHR can do some interesting things with different sprites having different palettes, but that's about the only thing I know of that it does exclusively.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 07:02:52 PM by codeman38 »

RVVD4029

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2015, 02:01:06 PM »
Codeman38 can i have the queen of fighting 2000 dump please?

RVVD4029

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2015, 01:23:17 PM »
Codeman38 is there a chance of using special dumping software to redump the cartridge for legend of heroes. All i can see in my graphics editor are sprites.

Rocman X

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2015, 06:29:56 PM »
RVVD4029
Mar 1 2015, 01:23:17 PM
Codeman38 is there a chance of using special dumping software to redump the cartridge for legend of heroes. All i can see in my graphics editor are sprites.[/quote]That's probably because all of the background graphics are compressed, meaning they won't show up on most tile editors. I got that same result from pretty much every game by Yong Yong/Makon Soft, regardless of whether the dump is good or bad.

RVVD4029

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2015, 07:12:39 PM »
Guys the zelda shi kong zhi zhang game is not interesting as i think it is the same thing as zelda:link's awankening dx for game boy color. Just that li cheng translated the game back to taiwanese. It is labeled MD069. While i am sure your cartridge is rare to find. I have found a generic cartridge containing the same game on taobao already.

RVVD4029

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2015, 10:53:20 AM »

Actually while gals fighters by vast fame is undumped. It turns out super fighter 2001 alpha by li cheng was released in taiwan only because it has vfame's copyright screen. However the reason why super fighter 2001 alpha was not released back in china was because it is just a sprite/music/intro/title screen hack of soul falchion by the same company. So recreating the super fighter 2001 alpha is easy as li cheng just has to reinsert back in the music, intro, title screen, sprites back into the game. Also they have to reinsert back in two options back into the game. The rest is as easy as just graphics hacking their soul falchion game back in china. The reason why gals fighters is undumped is because all li cheng did back in china is delete the intro. Moved the ending back to the start. Inserted a new ending in the game. Modified the hud. Removed the cutscenes. Removed the character select screen. Inserted a new character select screen. Removed the title screen. Inserted a new title screen. So all li cheng has to do is reinsert back in the stage graphics and sprites.

Actually ice age 1 is just a pirate original similar to lio and stitch by bbd. But ice age 2 is by sintax only because it is a cheap hack of their 2003 crash bandicoot game. Metal slug 2001 is by BBD only because of the music not the gameplay. But while metal slug 3 is by the same company. It is only the undumped metal slug game called metal slug 2 that was developed by sintax.

Actually harry potter was supposed to be released by BBD. But it still got released by sintax anyway. The undumped version has sintax's copyright screen.  While there is a harry potter ii by BBD. There is a intro hack of harry potter 1 that indeed was copyrighted by BBD. But i think that version is available through promotional material only.
Taizou the crazy monopoly rerelease by li cheng just removes vfame's copyright screen.
Taizou the reason why it has the header digimon is because it is the intro hack by li cheng. However the coding from vast fame was just used in the new intro only. Not the actual game.
Taizou the reason the shi mian mai fu games has a copyright screen is because it says that union bond made all of the games. It makes sense because they have similiar rpg games on the famicom.
Taizou

I think that pokemon 2004 was made by skob only because they developed the hong kong translations of pokemon crystal. So it makes sense they also did this hack of pokemon crystal. But if possible they got the rom by splitting a multcart for the game boy color then.

The reason why it goes by that name is because it is a copyright hack by sintax. Sintax do have a similiar game dumped called Quan Ba Tian Xia.

While shui hu shen shou is a release by li cheng. The shui hu zhuan game is just a copyright screen hack by them. So they removed vfame's copyright screen. That's all. The 2004 release of the same game is the same thing as the 2001 release except that while vfame developed everything in the game. Li cheng published the game. So it means they restored the copyright screen in the 2004 version then.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 06:18:19 PM by RVVD4029 »

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2015, 05:04:13 PM »
ugh sorry dude but literally almost everything you said there is wrong and i'm too tired to address it

RVVD4029

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2015, 09:57:44 AM »
9. The first game is san guo zhi. But the dump does not work properly because the pcb board broke when it got dissembled. So the copy protection needs to be removed from the rom before it works properly.
Taizou i know those are li cheng releases of crazy monopoly and zelda link's awakening. But the roms don't work properly because the copy protection needs to be removed first.
3. Actually san goku shi act C does not display it's hud or graphics correctly because i think the rom needs to be unpadded first. Then it works properly on both visualboyadvance and bgb.
Taizou just give the gals fighters rom to me. I know how to fix it. Because the copy protection needs to be removed from the rom. Then it works properly.
Codeman38 ironically all sintax did to the copyright screen in both ice age roms is shifted it away from the game data. So to enable them back in the roms. You just have to shift htem back into the game data.
I know it is not related but legend of heroes is already emulated. So it is just a mapper hack. And the amazing robot rom needs to be unpadded before it works properly. For the donkey kong 5 rom. I think the header data got corrupted i think.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 10:09:50 AM by RVVD4029 »

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2015, 12:51:03 PM »
taizou
Apr 21 2015, 05:04:13 PM
ugh sorry dude but literally almost everything you said there is wrong and i'm too tired to address it[/quote]I wonder why he got blocked from the wiki...

RVVD4029

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2015, 07:55:06 PM »
Kingpepe it is because i am making accurate edits and they don't like it. I get it.
Taizou tian cai xiao zhi would be shenzen jncota in english.
Etabeta78

Gals fighters is a shorter or easier version of soul falchion. I think the graphics were changed and optionally the music was changed too. Capcom fighter 2003 is not related because it is just the hong kong release of soul falchion.
Actually breath of fire 3 is just a original rpg roughly based on tian kong wu shang. So to answer the question on beggar prince. No the title screen hack is not related to the actual game. Since there is a chinese release i guess the title screen hack was released in hong kong only.
What is ironic about the san guo zhi discussion is that aoshi tianja is actually on the packaging for shenzen nanjing's version. While lie chuan is only seen on the packaging for vast fame's version.
sonic world is a company but i think they are just a copyright screen hack of twin eagle group who made pirate translations of several snes games in 2000.
What is ironic is mo shou zhang ba 3 is by sintax. But sheng huo jiang is in hong kong while fire emblem is a chinese release of the same thing. Since sintax started in 2000. We can assume mo shou zhang ba 3 was released first. Then fire emblem is a title screen hack. Then sheng huo jiang was released in 2004 only. Mo shou zheng ba 3 uses music from their navy ship battle game that got dumped on handheld underground. Fire emblem uses original music from skob's games. While sheng huo jiang is just a title screen hack of skob's version.
Ironically san goku shi is part of a line up of cartridges released in 2007 only. They were all released in china. They are mostly just title screen hacks by BBD.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 08:11:38 PM by RVVD4029 »

NintariousFamicreep

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2015, 08:13:30 PM »
An Ice Age hack of their Crash Bandicoot game?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 08:13:39 PM by NintariousFamicreep »

RVVD4029

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2015, 08:14:23 PM »
Ironically the king of fighters R2 title screen hack was also released in 2007.
The waixing gbc games were released in 2009.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 08:18:51 PM by RVVD4029 »