Author Topic: Waixing's downloadable NES games  (Read 23532 times)

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
Waixing's downloadable NES games
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2011, 05:40:00 AM »
iniche
Oct 8 2011, 01:19:49 AM
Something tells me that there really is no corruption; that most of the ROM's in the pack make use of some form of coding that current emulation doesn't support/recognize. They're probably not the conventional ROM's and certain hardware runs these things, only that hardware has not been implemented for emulation yet.

Just my guess.[/quote]If that's the case, then CaH4e3 could probably implement a UNIF file for it.

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2011, 09:44:50 AM »
iniche
Oct 8 2011, 01:19:49 AM
Something tells me that there really is no corruption; that most of the ROM's in the pack make use of some form of coding that current emulation doesn't support/recognize. They're probably not the conventional ROM's and certain hardware runs these things, only that hardware has not been implemented for emulation yet.

Just my guess.[/quote]Yeah, I think you might be right. They're designed to be run through Subor/Waixing's own emulator for their 32bit Sunplus consoles - there's nothing to say they didn't modify their emulator's functionality to do stuff a normal NES (or VT03) emulator wouldn't be capable of.

iniche

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2011, 02:51:28 PM »
My friend (the same that requested Kage's UNIF version of Desert Storm) got Desert Storm to work, though not perfectly, using some funky methods. I tell you, he's boss and he could really be a contribution to the pirate game ROM scene... I just hope he'll change his mind one day and join the forum :P

Taizou, you mentioned that they're meant to be run through one of Waixing's emulators for a clone system. If that's so, is this emulator available, even if restricted access?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 02:53:57 PM by iniche »

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2011, 03:05:27 PM »
I think you can download it from istudy666.cn somewhere - there are files for a NES/GBC emulator but I think the consoles can run .wxn games natively so maybe its included in the system files, I'm not 100% though since I don't own one.

but it's useless unless you actually own one the consoles in question, you'd need an emulator for the Sunplus hardware to emulate the emulator (...) and there isn't one that I know of.

Linkrulezall

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2011, 03:20:47 PM »
Anyone said Sunplus? M.E.S.S. has some 16-bit sunplus emulation going on (for the Vii). So make of that what you will.

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2011, 03:29:02 PM »
Yeah, the MESS emulator is 16-bit, Subor's SD based consoles are 32-bit and AFAIK its a completely different architecture unfortunately.

Its cool that theyre emulating it though, it'd be interesting to see some other Sunplus consoles dumped that maybe could run on the thing. Although there are a bunch of different 16-bit Sunplus chips and I dunno how compatible they all are with one another...

RVVD4029

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2015, 11:20:05 AM »
Taizou i think by vt03 they mean they just changed the header. They didn't change the programming. They just changed header only.
Taizou can you please fix Sui Tang Yan Yi from the rom pack please?. I looked through it's graphics and it tells me it is a hack of aladdin 2 or a rpg.
Also i would just like to make a quick note i saw a title screen hack of one of the games from the rom pack already on the superarcade 110.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 11:46:42 AM by RVVD4029 »

RVVD4029

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2015, 08:39:37 AM »
Taizou i think mfc refers to the ipod clone consoles by the same company.
Taizou just a guess. There are probably vt02 versions of all the games in the pack already. Just that the roms in the pack just contain the graphics or palette. Not the actual engine the roms use. Just a guess.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 08:44:34 AM by RVVD4029 »

RVVD4029

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2015, 11:30:00 PM »
Iniche it turns out it is either padding or mapper related the roms yes.
Awesome panda they get smaller when they are unpadded.
Taizou about the wxn emulator. Is it open source or can you buy it on the official website?
Taizou it turns out the iphone clone tweeterman reviewed actually uses the same font all the vt03 games in the pack use.
Taizou they did use the same header format in several nes multicarts i have been trying to decrypt now.
I know it is not related but most of the files i seen on the site are documentation and notes for their isports pro. It is only one page that has their games on it.
Also for subor's website read this page: http://a8.istudy666.cn:82/sd.html. Before you download the files as it tells you to put the spg and application/setup files on the sd card. It is basically the same for a hacked wii. Also if you wanted to. You could also transfer roms and the emulator to the same sd card. But make sure the emulator is from their website.
First of all the spg293 is just a chinese version of a hacked wii.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 09:18:53 PM by RVVD4029 »

Icareevenless123456789

« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2017, 09:16:43 PM »
http://www.mediafire.com/file/3x45pm73vdlt3bq/lexibook.zip

These are extracted .wxn games from a Lexibook 200 in 1 system (5 NES and 2 Onebus). I put the downloadable games from here on it and they work fine. Some of the games themselves are weird, upgraded variations of the originals and whatnot (Pokemon Red, for example, has actual Pokemon in it instead of fake ones). And the reason barely any of them work is because 99 percent of them are Onebus-based (sometimes by like, one extra shade). Anyways, enjoy your trash.

kelvin donna

• Company Name: Satervest
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2017, 09:40:43 AM »
iniche
Oct 7 2011, 05:22:45 PM
Kage, can you put up your version of the Desert Storm ROM? A friend of mine wants to take a look and compare versions.[/quote]dear kage, give me a Folder with pinball, attacking, Play Cards, puzzle, Baseball, Diamond, Highway racing, overspeed racing and galaxy killer as seperate dumps please, i am sick of searching these roms through the internet :angry:  :angry2:  :nono:  :facepalm:
Icareevenless123456789
Mar 22 2017, 09:16:43 PM
http://www.mediafire.com/file/3x45pm73vdlt3bq/lexibook.zip

These are extracted .wxn games from a Lexibook 200 in 1 system (5 NES and 2 Onebus). I put the downloadable games from here on it and they work fine. Some of the games themselves are weird, upgraded variations of the originals and whatnot (Pokemon Red, for example, has actual Pokemon in it instead of fake ones). And the reason barely any of them work is because 99 percent of them are Onebus-based (sometimes by like, one extra shade). Anyways, enjoy your trash.[/quote]i finally found the "puzzle" rom, thanks to you  :hug: but i am missing something  :( , i can't play the sur lc rom on the nes, can you may convert it to nes?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 09:52:17 AM by kelvin donna »
i hate all media of the world, so i just moved to eurasia.

NewRisingSun

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2017, 05:09:00 PM »
The RPGs use mapper 176 but expect SRAM to contain some magic values in the form of a code copied into RAM at 0x100.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 06:25:06 PM by NewRisingSun2 »