Author Topic: intellivision nes ports  (Read 18036 times)

kelvin donna

• Company Name: Satervest
    • View Profile
intellivision nes ports
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2017, 10:18:31 AM »
taizou
Aug 27 2017, 10:15:10 AM
it exists as part of the 120 in 1 multicart (which you have, right?), you're just asking someone to extract it for you[/quote]i am just 14 years old, i cannot extract it alone, but if i have to, can you at least give me a pc tool for multicart rom splitting
i hate all media of the world, so i just moved to eurasia.

Colonel Llama

• View Profile
intellivision nes ports
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2017, 11:28:02 AM »
What you need is a hex editor
"May the Schwartz be with you"
                                       -Yogurt

fcgamer

• View Profile
intellivision nes ports
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2017, 12:12:12 PM »
kelvin donna
Aug 22 2017, 02:36:10 PM
fcgamer
Aug 22 2017, 01:32:44 PM
I have an extra 120 in 1 cart with this game on it.  $30 shipped it's yours, if you are interested.[/quote]i dont want weird multicarts for nes, i want the single rom of this game  :angry: [/quote]I doubt that a single ROM would even exist, and besides that, it's for Famicom, not for NES, silly boy.  Such entitlement among people these days, oh wait, it's always been that way with ROM collectors.
NintariousFamicreep
Aug 26 2017, 08:09:01 PM
taizou
Aug 26 2017, 07:59:50 PM
kelvin donna
Aug 26 2017, 03:08:00 PM
NintariousFamicreep
Aug 26 2017, 02:44:39 PM
Calm down, Please! You'll get your rips soon; Rushing won't help.[/quote]yeah, but why i was angry, is the reason that you and your friend argued about something outside the topic, i CAN wait, but not over an month, i know, that not even a week elapsed, since i am begging for this rom, but how long do i actually have to wait? (not trying to say that i want to rush more on purpose)[/quote]honestly you can wait a thousand years, no one owes you a rom of anything - especially since the game already is dumped and all you're asking for is someone to hack it into a more convenient form for your own purposes, i seriously doubt it's life-or-death urgent that you get to play it on a GBA

you have 3 choices really
- keep waiting and hope someone is nice enough to extract the game for you
- try to help the process along somehow e.g. by learning a little about how this stuff works and figuring out where the Polk data might be in the ROM
- do it yourself

hanging around here bugging everyone about these roms isn't helping anything whatsoever. don't be rude to people who are just having a conversation about the subject of the thread - this is the Famicom/NES general forum, not the "everyone drop everything and help kelvin donna find some roms" forum. [/quote]Thank you.  :clap: [/quote]Double thank you.  

I don't care if the bloke is 14 or 80, rudeness is something I don't appreciate, when folks are trying to help OP out.

I mean seriously, an angry emoticon, for offering to sell the guy an original cart with the means of playing the game.  Rude.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 12:16:14 PM by fcgamer »

NintariousFamicreep

• View Profile
intellivision nes ports
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2017, 12:21:18 PM »
fcgamer
Aug 27 2017, 12:12:12 PM
kelvin donna
Aug 22 2017, 02:36:10 PM
fcgamer
Aug 22 2017, 01:32:44 PM
I have an extra 120 in 1 cart with this game on it.  $30 shipped it's yours, if you are interested.[/quote]i dont want weird multicarts for nes, i want the single rom of this game  :angry: [/quote]I doubt that a single ROM would even exist, and besides that, it's for Famicom, not for NES, silly boy.  Such entitlement among people these days, oh wait, it's always been that way with ROM collectors.
NintariousFamicreep
Aug 26 2017, 08:09:01 PM
taizou
Aug 26 2017, 07:59:50 PM
kelvin donna
Aug 26 2017, 03:08:00 PM
NintariousFamicreep
Aug 26 2017, 02:44:39 PM
Calm down, Please! You'll get your rips soon; Rushing won't help.[/quote]yeah, but why i was angry, is the reason that you and your friend argued about something outside the topic, i CAN wait, but not over an month, i know, that not even a week elapsed, since i am begging for this rom, but how long do i actually have to wait? (not trying to say that i want to rush more on purpose)[/quote]honestly you can wait a thousand years, no one owes you a rom of anything - especially since the game already is dumped and all you're asking for is someone to hack it into a more convenient form for your own purposes, i seriously doubt it's life-or-death urgent that you get to play it on a GBA

you have 3 choices really
- keep waiting and hope someone is nice enough to extract the game for you
- try to help the process along somehow e.g. by learning a little about how this stuff works and figuring out where the Polk data might be in the ROM
- do it yourself

hanging around here bugging everyone about these roms isn't helping anything whatsoever. don't be rude to people who are just having a conversation about the subject of the thread - this is the Famicom/NES general forum, not the "everyone drop everything and help kelvin donna find some roms" forum. [/quote]Thank you.  :clap: [/quote]Double thank you.  

I don't care if the bloke is 14 or 80, rudeness is something I don't appreciate, when folks are trying to help OP out.

I mean seriously, an angry emoticon, for offering to sell the guy an original cart with the means of playing the game.  Rude.  [/quote]Agreed.

kelvin donna

• View Profile
intellivision nes ports
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2017, 12:27:39 PM »
Colonel Llama
Aug 27 2017, 11:28:02 AM
What you need is a hex editor[/quote]ok, i first have a hex editor but is there a one specific just for nes multicart roms?

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
intellivision nes ports
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2017, 12:33:55 PM »
kelvin donna
Aug 27 2017, 10:18:31 AM
taizou
it exists as part of the 120 in 1 multicart (which you have, right?), you're just asking someone to extract it for you[/quote]i am just 14 years old, i cannot extract it alone, but if i have to, can you at least give me a pc tool for multicart rom splitting[/quote]hey lots of people start ROM hacking around 14! anyway it's not so easy as there just being a tool for it, you'll need a hex editor as Colonel Llama said, the process is something like this:

* load the multicart ROM in the hex editor
* locate the PRG (e.g. the code) for the game
* locate the CHR (e.g. the graphics) - probably not in the same place
* copy them both into a single ROM with an appropriate iNES header

it's not exactly a trivial process for someone new to ROM hacking, especially locating the correct PRG/CHR out of 120 other games in a multicart. maybe you can't do it yourself, but at least understand what you're asking others to do

NintariousFamicreep

• View Profile
intellivision nes ports
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2017, 12:46:07 PM »
taizou
Aug 27 2017, 12:33:55 PM
kelvin donna
Aug 27 2017, 10:18:31 AM
taizou
it exists as part of the 120 in 1 multicart (which you have, right?), you're just asking someone to extract it for you[/quote]i am just 14 years old, i cannot extract it alone, but if i have to, can you at least give me a pc tool for multicart rom splitting[/quote]hey lots of people start ROM hacking around 14! anyway it's not so easy as there just being a tool for it, you'll need a hex editor as Colonel Llama said, the process is something like this:

* load the multicart ROM in the hex editor
* locate the PRG (e.g. the code) for the game
* locate the CHR (e.g. the graphics) - probably not in the same place
* copy them both into a single ROM with an appropriate iNES header

it's not exactly a trivial process for someone new to ROM hacking, especially locating the correct PRG/CHR out of 120 other games in a multicart. maybe you can't do it yourself, but at least understand what you're asking others to do[/quote]Sounds great.  =O

MrNorbert1994

• View Profile
    • http://mrnorbert1994.uw.hu/
intellivision nes ports
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2017, 11:10:05 PM »
kelvin donna
Aug 27 2017, 12:27:39 PM
Colonel Llama
Aug 27 2017, 11:28:02 AM
What you need is a hex editor[/quote]ok, i first have a hex editor but is there a one specific just for nes multicart roms?[/quote]There is not really a hex editor which was just designed for NES Roms as far as I'm concerned, tough, I can safely say that Hex Workshop 6.8 is probably the best one when it comes to programming, or really, making your own programs.
I use that for NSF ripping, since you can pad files, insert your own code, you can do manual searching, comparing files, and so on.
The other one what I can recommend is Windhex32, but it lacks a lot of features, however it is still good for comapring, as it tells you which offsets has changes and how long those bytes are.

I can imagine it for multicart ripping, since, you can just copy and paste the contents of ROMs, and make a single file for it, and attach an iNES header to it.
I never fussed with multicart ripping, but I'm pretty sure it is doable, and not as hard as NSF ripping. :P

kelvin donna

• View Profile
intellivision nes ports
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2017, 02:35:21 AM »
MrNorbert1994
Aug 27 2017, 11:10:05 PM
There is not really a hex editor which was just designed for NES Roms as far as I'm concerned, tough, I can safely say that Hex Workshop 6.8 is probably the best one when it comes to programming, or really, making your own programs.
I use that for NSF ripping, since you can pad files, insert your own code, you can do manual searching, comparing files, and so on.
The other one what I can recommend is Windhex32, but it lacks a lot of features, however it is still good for comapring, as it tells you which offsets has changes and how long those bytes are.

I can imagine it for multicart ripping, since, you can just copy and paste the contents of ROMs, and make a single file for it, and attach an iNES header to it.
I never fussed with multicart ripping, but I'm pretty sure it is doable, and not as hard as NSF ripping. :P[/quote]WOWA, thank you for offering useful programs, i will try both of them out later  :)

and other question, do you want a atari 2600 game for nes?

i offer:
breakout
centipede
canyon bomber
desert falcon
saboteur
planet smashers
millipede
and warlords

Colonel Llama

• View Profile
intellivision nes ports
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2017, 08:58:43 PM »
I'll take Desert Falcon and Saboteur, please.
                                       -Yogurt

kelvin donna

• View Profile
intellivision nes ports
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2017, 04:11:55 AM »
Colonel Llama
Aug 28 2017, 08:58:43 PM
I'll take Desert Falcon and Saboteur, please.[/quote]can i give you only saboteur? because desert falcon is more than 200 kilobites  :(
but anyways, here is saboteur, the rarest game on the atari 2600 (maybe?) now for the NES
just for you  :)

Attachments:

NintariousFamicreep

• View Profile
intellivision nes ports
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2017, 01:35:37 PM »
kelvin donna
Aug 29 2017, 04:11:55 AM
Colonel Llama
Aug 28 2017, 08:58:43 PM
I'll take Desert Falcon and Saboteur, please.[/quote]can i give you only saboteur? because desert falcon is more than 200 kilobites  :(
but anyways, here is saboteur, the rarest game on the atari 2600 (maybe?) now for the NES
just for you  :) [/quote]What can a expect from this game?

Colonel Llama

• View Profile
intellivision nes ports
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2017, 03:42:06 PM »
Thank you!
                                       -Yogurt

NintariousFamicreep

• View Profile
intellivision nes ports
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2017, 03:43:31 PM »
kelvin donna
Aug 28 2017, 02:35:21 AM
MrNorbert1994
Aug 27 2017, 11:10:05 PM
There is not really a hex editor which was just designed for NES Roms as far as I'm concerned, tough, I can safely say that Hex Workshop 6.8 is probably the best one when it comes to programming, or really, making your own programs.

I never fussed with multicart ripping, but I'm pretty sure it is doable, and not as hard as NSF ripping. :P[/quote]WOWA, thank you for offering useful programs, i will try both of them out later  :)

and other question, do you want a atari 2600 game for nes?

i offer:
breakout
centipede
canyon bomber
desert falcon
saboteur
planet smashers
millipede
and warlords[/quote]I wouldn't mind Planet Smashers.

MrNorbert1994

• View Profile
    • http://mrnorbert1994.uw.hu/
intellivision nes ports
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2017, 02:21:35 AM »
I'm probably lost, but if you are saying:

"Would you like to have Atari 2600" games, then my answer is no.
First, I don't have an Atari, only a shitty chinese clone of it.
Second, I haven't plugged that in about 4 years, and I doubt it is still working.
Third, I have little to no interests in Atari games. : P

By the way... when I first read the topic title I though that somebody is making a NES port of Plok. :P
That would have been awesome.

Tough if somebody likes to help me expanding a list that would be helpful (Yeah... stick to the topic's original purpose. :P )

We all know that the Famicom has an expansion port for light gun, Famicom Keyboard, a lot of goodies.
Here is the thing: a lot of early Hudson developed games and almost all american / british developed games won't work on these expansion controllers, since there is no code that points to read from this "outside" region.
So in real, if you want to play these games via modified 4Score with an SNK 15 pin output or a Hudson Controller which has turbo feature, they will not work.
I'm currently testing these games with Nintendulator.
If anybody can give me more titles (licenesed or not licensed games) that would I would be glad about it.
This is why I have my own ROM archive where I fix these games to read from this region.

And to be stick to the topic: I doubt the game that needs single cart extraction, or any of those chinese games work on the expansion controller.

Attachments:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 02:23:56 AM by MrNorbert1994 »