Author Topic: Getting a hold of Gametec, Chuapu, BBD, Vast Fame, Sintax, etc  (Read 8247 times)

Azathoth

• View Profile
Getting a hold of Gametec, Chuapu, BBD, Vast Fame, Sintax, etc
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2013, 07:14:28 PM »
I doubt you'll ever be able to contact anybody about the SNES stuff. There's no apparent developing credits other than DVS, who more than likely was just a publisher.

fcgamer

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2013, 01:23:23 AM »
Super Team Game, their stuff is crap.  I've heard so many stories about their initial remakes / releases, full of bugs and glitches that were then later fixed for the third editions or whatever.  I'm sorry, but that sort of stuff should have been taken care of before the game was published.  And then the extremely limited game releases, etc, just being used to hype the games.  That's good for whom?  The so-called publisher, I guess, but not good for the gamers.

The problem with people these days is that they are all just trying to get into the games market to make a quick buck.  Nothing wrong with working hard to earn some money, but that is not what these kinds of projects are about.  In the end, the projects end up hurting the gamers and the collectors, and the only one who benefits is the guy in charge of the project, who is laughing all the way to the bank (i.e. the Cheetahmen 2 situation).  

Go out and make some games.  Program some original stuff.  If you make a decent game that is homemade, and sell it, people will gladly pay for it.  I quickly put my money down for a limited edition Sudoku for NES when it was first developed, just to help out a growing homebrew NES scene.  I also was one of the first to offer support for the garage cart project, the granddaddy of NES homebrew stuff, and was always supporting projects like Sack of Flour and Time Conquest for the NES.  But these kinds of projects, like the one you propose, Super Team, and Pabich's crap, I will never offer support for that crap.  It offers little to anyone, and just screws us all.

Azathoth

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2013, 04:54:15 AM »
I'll agree with you on a lot of your points, but I don't think it's quite fair to put SFT in the same league as anything to do with Cheetahmen II. That's like an entire different level of pathetic cash grabbing and it amazes me that it went over like it did.

A lot of the current homebrew scene is collector stupidity. Underestimating your product's potential to sell (Pier Solar, Beggar Prince) is one of those business decisions that's easy to criticize in hindsight, but the general retardedness of some collectors baffles me. To order a game purely as a "investment" or whatever in hopes to resell at 4x price later, then find someone with more money than sense to actually pay that is crazy. I saw an auction for Oh Mummy! go for above $200 USD a few weeks ago. That's ludicrous someone was asking that, and even more crazy that some chump paid that amount.

Robyn

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2013, 05:22:35 AM »
I don't mind SFT so much, because they're translating the games so we can understand them. The prices however, are insane.

pichichi010

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2013, 10:34:28 AM »
Just so you know that Im not all into making a quick buck, and Im more into having a cool library, releasing cool things etc.

Here is a video game which is extremely alpha, I came up with the concept, art, gameplay, story, etc. I was not going to reveal anything but well it is an exclusive to this site.(screen.jpg)

And here is a screen shot of the Christmas Craze clone game I am doing graphics.

Attachments:
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 10:36:29 AM by pichichi010 »

fcgamer

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2013, 01:26:04 AM »
pichichi010
May 29 2013, 10:34:28 AM
Just so you know that Im not all into making a quick buck, and Im more into having a cool library, releasing cool things etc.

Here is a video game which is extremely alpha, I came up with the concept, art, gameplay, story, etc. I was not going to reveal anything but well it is an exclusive to this site.(screen.jpg)

And here is a screen shot of the Christmas Craze clone game I am doing graphics.

[/quote]But see, this is what I'm talking about.  This is the type of project that I like to see.  Making original stuff is much better than just cranking out copies of other people's works, whether they are translations, or whatever.  Instead of just trying to contact those guys and doing that stuff, why not just spend the effort making other original games, that everyone would appreciate?

pichichi010

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2013, 12:22:47 PM »
Oh yeah, we will do a lot of new stuff, for different platforms too, and we will be licensing some other stuff that wasn't or is not available.

I just believe that releasing some games while your work on your original stuff, helps attract more traffic and turn some heads towards you.

That was the only intention I had haha.

fcgamer

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2013, 10:43:26 PM »
pichichi010
May 30 2013, 12:22:47 PM
Oh yeah, we will do a lot of new stuff, for different platforms too, and we will be licensing some other stuff that wasn't or is not available.

I just believe that releasing some games while your work on your original stuff, helps attract more traffic and turn some heads towards you.

That was the only intention I had haha.[/quote]I understand what you are saying, but I think it is also the way of making a bad impression to some people of your company...think of it sort of like being a musician, and only playing cover songs while working on originals.  While a few covers, here and there, are liked, no one will ever take you seriously as a major musician if you are only doing covers.

Superjustinbros

• View Profile
    • http://superjustintheblog.blogspot.com/
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2013, 12:26:24 AM »
While I do plan on some original/pesudo-original games once I learn programming, the only companies I would ever want to get in touch with would be Vast Fame (for SKXS+F&P) and Gowin (for a fixed Magic Lamp on PC w/o copyright protection and better gimmicks).

pichichi010

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2013, 03:32:24 AM »
Quik bump for some closure:

"To save you some time, we also hold legal ownership of, or sole licenses for, games by the following companies in Taiwan: Panda Entertainment, ChuanPu Technology, AV Artisan, Gamtec.

Ah. Well, I think we can handle those just fine on our own. But thanks for your interest.

Have a nice day.

--

- Brandon Cobb
President
Super Fighter Team"