Author Topic: Leftovers in Zook Hero Z  (Read 7101 times)

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Leftovers in Zook Hero Z
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2015, 10:07:38 PM »
RVVD4029
Apr 15 2015, 09:06:35 PM
Well for the graphics you found in tile layer pro. I think the graphics are unused as the real graphics look nothing like that. For the god medicine by konami reference. It makes sense as vfame used their sound engine a lot in their fighting games for the gbc.[/quote]...uh? VFame certainly used Capcom's sound driver in a lot of their fighting games, but I don't recall them ever using Konami's.

However, as I mentioned earlier in the thread, there's still a loose Konami connection with graphics-- the dialogue font used in the (undumped and apparently undumpable) English translations of several of their RPGs is straight out of Survival Kids.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 10:11:26 PM by codeman38 »

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
Leftovers in Zook Hero Z
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2015, 05:32:17 PM »
This is all kinda similar to what Sintax did - quite a few of their games seem to have been built on top of Harvest Moon, but I have no idea if they actually stole anything from that game..

IIRC other Sintax games contain parts of Bomberman Max, and one of the King of Fighters games too (the latter is at least somewhat understandable, since they ripped off KOF 95's soundtrack in a few of their games)

RVVD4029

• Banned
    • View Profile
Leftovers in Zook Hero Z
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2015, 06:48:53 PM »
Taizou now that i think about it. I did see a title screen from harvest moon by sintax. It was located near the end of the digimon 9 rom by sintax. I think it says harvest moon 3 as the rom for the chinese version does not work properly. However i do not know if the actual game is the same as the undumped harvest moon 3 rom. But for harvest moon leftovers in all their games. I think harry potter by BBD which all of their games are based off of. The only leftover that is in the rom it is actually the text font or dialogue text from harvest moon 3. As the scrolling text is literally the same thing as the undumped chinese rom. However i am going to take a guess the undumped chinese rom is actually li cheng's version. The only difference with li cheng's version is that it was actually made from scratch. For the sintax version it probably uses graphics from harvest moon 3 but the actual game is actually just harvest moon 1 instead. For the KOF 95 soundtrack it makes sense only in king of fighters 2003 and dragon ball 1 by the same company. As they both use the same music. However while dragon ball 1 is just a title screen hack of the respective skob game. I don't mind if the dragon ball game is hacked extentively by li cheng as long as the gameplay is retained in their version.

RVVD4029

• Banned
    • View Profile
Leftovers in Zook Hero Z
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2015, 02:39:53 PM »
Also i know it is not related but i think the reason why vfame's rom does not work properly on real hardware is because there is garbage programming in the rom. But li cheng's release does not have any i think.