Author Topic: Shenzhen Nanjiing Technology game music  (Read 12372 times)

SpaceNinja

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Shenzhen Nanjiing Technology game music
« on: September 06, 2010, 05:39:21 AM »
Gentlemen... we should start to do something with the SNT game's music.

Here's the SNT NSF's I have, all upped in one ZIP file - less than 0.25 megabytes, so it should be easy to download :)

What I found out...
- NJ012, the Robot Wars pirate and NJ016, the Barver Battle Saga pirate uses title screen music from a Famiclone
EDIT: OneStation. Used in Taikonghuanxiang too.
- Tai Kong Huan Xiang has numerous sound effects ripped from Konami games. They're taken from Gradius and Snake's Revenge.
- NJ037, Diablo... track 01 (in VirtuaNES... or the second track if you prefer) uses Golden Sun music... The Venus Lighthouse one. Proof is HERE
- NJ063, FF7 uses FF music, obviously
- NJ049, The Hacker uses Dragon Co. style music. Pretty understandable.
- There is one really awful track, that many games use. NJ006, Shumazhandui 2 is one prime example. Check Han Liu Bang. First track immediately. I swear I have heard it somewhere.
- Han Liu Bang's 2nd track uses the music from the Harvest Moon NES pirate.
- Fourth one still on HLB is the only other music other than the "awful" one in Shuma2 - this is the battle theme there. Sounds really Zippy Race-ish.
- Actually nevermind, Han Liu Bang IS Harvest Moon.
- Huan Shi Lu is very dark here. The first one is known for me for some reason. Care to identify it please? :) (Remix. All I say.)
- HSL uses FF6 music too.
- HSL is infamous for God Bless Ya Merry Gentlemen (Track 03/fourth track) nicely done, but loops too quick.
- HSL is the infamous Contra theme user game...
- Tales of Phantasia is using Pokémon music (lol), but I don't know what the third track is. Pokémon again?
- Huang Jin Tai Yang... aka Golden Sun. The retards at SNT didn't use the Golden Sun music from Diablo and the Caocao game... no, they have two tracks. First one is the happy theme.
- Second one in HJTY is even more happier and is the battle theme. WTH - used this in the Barver Battle game as battle theme as well.
EDIT: Happy theme is from Majin Eiyuuden Wataru Gaiden.
- Kuodai Baoshin - Yin - AKA Pokémon Silver... is the infamous Oh Suzanna music user.
- KDBS-Y has some basic music in it. Concepts?
- Lei Dian Huang Bikaqiu Chuan Shuo aka Pokémon Yellow uses Pokémon music. No complaints.
- Mojie BaZhu / Mojie Tashi - aka the Final Fantasy Legends 3 game... seems to be out the water. Pokémon music I think,
- The Legend of Nezha aka Nezha Chuanqi uses Pokémon music.
- Qi Guo Da Zhan uses good music, it's a strategy game.
- Saint Seiya - The Pegasus Fantasy uses the Zelda theme as battle tune. Also uses the awful music from Shuma2 and some more...
- Saint Seiya's title screen music is correct
- San Guo Wu Shuang - it uses one version of music from Super Mario Land as the title screen music. Has to be the weirdest steal so far.
- San Guo Zhi Caocao Zhuan - now this one is fucked up heavily. Track 02/third track uses... Golden Sun's prologue music heavily pitched up. Proof: Here
- It also uses SML music but in a different version...
- Zelda pirate - Pokémon music. Moving on...
- Shi Kong Zhi Lun - aka Chrono Trigger - using Phoenix Wright music.
- Samurai Spirits RPG - Legend of Kage music, edited, but sounding very good! Wow. (Track 03/4th one)
- This also jacks the first linked Golden Sun music.
- Titanic uses Dragon Co. styled music. Moving on...
- Xian Jie Ling Jing aka Cave Story (I guess) is using someting familiar for the first track...
- Xun Qin Ji, uses Double Dragon 2 music, I guess it's either 00 or 02 (first, third)... but:
- Still XQJ: Uses Legend of Kage for battle theme. Nice addition.
- Yi Xing and Gu Mu Li Ying (AVP and Tomb Raider respectively) using only one track, but...
- Yi Xing's music is from the actual movie.
- Yu-Gi-Oh uses Theme Hospital music (Thanks, Cheetahmen)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 04:42:42 AM by SpaceNinja »

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 06:03:00 AM »
No idea what Xun Qin Ji is myself. BTW, it's Yu-Gi-Oh that uses Theme Hospital music, (the first song in the NSF) not Shi Kong Zhi Lun. And I think Yi Xing's music is from AVP (the film) or something like that.

SpaceNinja

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 06:04:19 AM »
Apologies, my bad... Chrono Trigger uses Phoenix Wright music. XD

brightentayle

• A Very Punchy
  • Cutting yourself is fun, as long as you're paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 07:30:58 AM »
The third track in Xin Qin Yi is OBVIOUSLY Nakoruru's theme (Samurai Shodown, in case if you're wonderin').

SpaceNinja

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 08:37:03 AM »
Thanks for contributing. :P

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 07:18:52 PM »
Just discovered one while NSF-listening today: the second track in Shui Hu Shen Shou (NJ019), which I think is used in some other Nanjing game as well also used in Golden Sun, is the title theme first NSF track from the ridiculously obscure Famicom game Majin Eiyuuden Wataru Gaiden, which apparently is based on some anime that I've never seen. The music in that game is by Shinichi Sakamoto of Wonder Boy fame.

Also, the second track of Yu-Gi-Oh should be ridiculously familiar to any Final Fantasy fan. ♪ Chocobo choco-choco-chocobo... ♪
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 03:03:56 PM by codeman38 »

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 03:33:36 PM »
codeman38
Oct 6 2010, 07:18:52 PM
Also, the second track of Yu-Gi-Oh should be ridiculously familiar to any Final Fantasy fan. ♪ Chocobo choco-choco-chocobo... ♪[/quote]So that's two games Yu-Gi-Oh! ripped the soundtrack from. :P If I remember correctly, track 1 from the Saint Saiya game is the theme from the anime, although I might be wrong. Tai Kong Huan Xiang has numerous sound effects ripped from Konami games, I think they're taken from Gradius and Snake's Revenge.

Also, one thing strange I noticed was that track 1 in Chao Ji Ji Ren Da Zhan A (which is also used on a multicart for a handheld Famiclone I forget the name of) loops a split-second early.

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 11:36:58 PM »
Cheetahmen
Oct 7 2010, 03:33:36 PM
So that's two games Yu-Gi-Oh! ripped the soundtrack from. :P If I remember correctly, track 1 from the Saint Saiya game is the theme from the anime, although I might be wrong.

[/quote]Yep, it's "Pegasus Fantasy", the title theme from the anime. For once, they actually got one right! (And then proceeded to fail by using the Zelda theme in the same game, heh.) And Nanjing's Saint Seiya also has the music from Majin Eiyuuden Wataru.

Cheetahmen

Tai Kong Huan Xiang has numerous sound effects ripped from Konami games, I think they're taken from Gradius and Snake's Revenge.[/quote] Hee, good catch! I don't know how I didn't catch that one, what with the very famous Konami pause sound in there. These pirates love to steal their sound drivers, don't they?

Cheetahmen

Also, one thing strange I noticed was that track 1 in Chao Ji Ji Ren Da Zhan A (which is also used on a multicart for a handheld Famiclone I forget the name of) loops a split-second early.[/quote] That would be the OneStation.

Tai Kong Huan Xiang also has the OneStation tune, though this one doesn't loop, and it has added PCM percussion. None of the other tracks in the NSF use PCM. I wonder if that song is stolen from some Konami game?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 11:40:00 PM by codeman38 »

SpaceNinja

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 04:38:54 AM »
Thanks for the addition! Checked myself and all are correct.

So, the happy tune is from Majin Eiyuuden Wataru Gaiden. LOL.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 12:51:50 PM »
codeman38
Oct 7 2010, 11:36:58 PM
Cheetahmen

Also, one thing strange I noticed was that track 1 in Chao Ji Ji Ren Da Zhan A (which is also used on a multicart for a handheld Famiclone I forget the name of) loops a split-second early.[/quote] That would be the OneStation.

Tai Kong Huan Xiang also has the OneStation tune, though this one doesn't loop, and it has added PCM percussion. None of the other tracks in the NSF use PCM. I wonder if that song is stolen from some Konami game?[/quote]Damnit, probably should've remembered that seeing as that particular Famiclone had Sonic 3D Blast 5 on it. I doubt that song was taken from any Konami game (I certainly don't remember hearing it in any of them) seeing as a lot of pirates steal the sound engine but not the music. Baffles me why they wouldn't use PCM for any of their other songs or even any of their other games. Also, did they even use those sound effects at any point? I can't even remember anymore. :unsure:

Edit: I just realised something, Track 7 from Yu-Gi-Oh! sounds a lot like some cheesy 80's ballad I probably heard way too much as a kid. I definitely recognise the melody but I can't remember what it's from. Somehow, I think this is gonna be bugging me for a while. <_<

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2010, 02:57:38 PM »
The second track of Wu Lin Wai Zhuan is incredibly similar to the first in-game tune in a Game Boy pirate by Hitek called "Heroic Sword" (英雄剑 Ying Xiong Jian). I'm guessing it probably originated from some other source, but I don't know what that would be.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 02:58:19 PM by codeman38 »

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2010, 03:48:40 PM »
codeman38
Oct 9 2010, 02:57:38 PM
The second track of Wu Lin Wai Zhuan is incredibly similar to the first in-game tune in a Game Boy pirate by Hitek called "Heroic Sword" (英雄剑 Ying Xiong Jian). I'm guessing it probably originated from some other source, but I don't know what that would be.[/quote]No idea what the song actually is but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a copy of another song or even from Heroic Sword itself, seeing as SNT already ripped off V.Fame. BTW, is there any reason why that game uses the sound engine from their earlier games? (as in, before NJ0031) I know a couple of their other later games do the same thing, but I don't see why they'd randomly change it up.
Also, I just noticed that the noise channel doesn't loop properly. Great going, sound programmers. :P

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2011, 02:23:30 AM »
Just discovered another one: the first tune in "Lian Shan Ying Xiong" is a really awful cover of the main theme from Flappy!

SpaceNinja

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2011, 12:46:51 PM »
...holy shit, that's just beyond retardedness! D:

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2011, 02:31:12 PM »
Listening through a few more NSFs, (SpaceNinja pointed the former out to me a few days ago) track 0 in Sui Tang Ying Xiong is based off stages 7-9 in Castlevania, track 4 in Hu Lu Jin Gang is a remix of the town theme from Willow and tracks 3, 4 and 5 in Qi Guo Da Zhan are all based off songs from Nintendo's Ice Hockey. (Incidentally, that game happens to have the Castlevania song in it as well) Just when I thought the Theme Hospital music was random enough.