Author Topic: 15in1 investigation  (Read 33283 times)

Barver

• View Profile
15in1 investigation
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2010, 01:10:12 AM »
I remember when the demo for Marble Zone came up for Hummer. It could be because I haven't played Somari in a long time, but the graphics felt different somehow. Maybe it was just the palette? Does anything else seem different to you?

And hope you enjoy your boxed Somari  ^_^
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 01:10:38 AM by Barver »

brightentayle

• A Very Punchy
  • Cutting yourself is fun, as long as you're paper.
    • View Profile
15in1 investigation
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2010, 03:18:56 AM »
Little question. If this multicart has no title screens on Jack & Rose, then does that 3-in-1 multicart with Titenic have them?

MLX

• View Profile
15in1 investigation
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2010, 07:34:29 AM »
I do not know. Maybe the Titenic title screen is just a player select screen. On the 15in1 the game start just after selecting it. Maybe in the rom there are some tiles for a Title screen. You'll have to wait the dump...

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
15in1 investigation
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2010, 12:49:06 PM »
There probably is, I did see a "PLAYER SELECT" in Harry's Legend with the hex editor.

MLX

• View Profile
15in1 investigation
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2010, 01:36:46 PM »
So I've played further in Jack and guess what ? After a while you switch to Rose. It means you need to play both games. If you start with Rose you finish with Jack and the reverse if you play Jack first.
I've made some videos, some are pure fails but the videos show some very interesting content.
Also note that in 16_24 you can see when it switches from Jack to Rose at the very begining.
I didn't recorded all stages and sometimes started recording in the middle. Don't blame me but the videos would have been up to 150mb if I would have do that.

DOWNLOAD ZIP (103mb): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NKP17MT1

:somari:
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 01:57:39 PM by MLX »

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
15in1 investigation
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2010, 02:55:01 PM »
So the game wasn't really split, Heroine just started on Rose's level. The graphics are really (scaringly) too good to be a pirate's seeing how all the stuff is custom. I'm thinking about ripping the sprites when you dump the cartridge.

MLX

• View Profile
15in1 investigation
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2010, 03:01:16 PM »
When it'll be dumped, the hardest part will be to find the good mapper. I may ask to CaH4e3 to help me.
The scariest part is when the water is going up. You don't have the right to fail.
Also I went to the last boss. It is hard as hell. Also if you are interested to see more, send me your Skype (PM) so I can do a live footage.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
15in1 investigation
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2010, 03:22:01 PM »
If the game has rising water and Harry's Legend could do that even though it didn't, would that mean Titenic was first?

MLX

• View Profile
15in1 investigation
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2010, 05:56:33 PM »
During this long evening I've found out that The Legend ending is... well... FULL OF CLIFF !
I let KingPepe explains...

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
15in1 investigation
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2010, 06:48:04 PM »
Ok, well quite a bit happened with the Skype Live...

The Legend
---------------
  • It's ending is somewhat different from SFIV...I'll let you find out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8c1WjsJfCM
    The ending loops also unlike in the original SFIV.
  • With the clones removed, they're also removed from 1 Player Mode meaning you only need to fight through 4 people.
  • For some crazy reason, they swapped Rober's and Stalong's portraits around.

The Hummer
---------------
  • Yeah, it's Sonic & Knuckles 5 hacked. Music is all the same.
  • Spring Yard Zone is all grey and blue and not purple instead.
  • Level Select is all messed up, go figure
  • The sign post has Hummer's face right on it but it still has Somari's hand (different colors though obviously).

Titenic aka Jack and Rose aka Hacker and Heroine
---------------
  • Further down in Jack/Hacker, there are more Harry's Legends levels although with different enemies and they're all split up.
  • Jack and Rose have a waiting animation unlike Harry. Jack is seen painting a picture and sitting on a stool while Rose is seen at a table (OUT OF NOWHERE) sipping tea. (I wonder if they really did watch Titanic)
  • Jack's bosses are all the same. It's a guy in a suit (colors are different) that can shoot at you and dash straight toward you.
  • Hacker + Heroine has debug mode as well with the rising water AND...co-op mode! Yes you can have Jack fight aside with Rose and vice versea although it did act funny (although MLX DID say Heroine was glitchier so it could be that)
  • Jack's A+B attack is a rushing elbow attack takes away some health. Rose's A+B attack is a high kick that takes no health. This is odd seeing how Harry uses a projectile for his attack. (Then again, Harry is a bit different)
  • The professors (boss in Harry's Legend and that other one in the debug mode) don't appear ANYWHERE in the game. The fat kid and the hoodie don't appear anywhere either. Also as far as I can tell, there's no island or underground in the game meaning that Harry's Legend made some custom stuff on the way.
  • Rose does have a 3-hit combo like Jack but MLX didn't seem to show it in his video.

War
---------------
  • Not only does EJW3 and DKC4 stuff appear BUT Final Fight 3's graphics also appear in the game as well. The parking lot had New Junk City music and I can't remember what the bar had.

He's also showed me a ton of pics as well such as various JY and NT carts AND a box for AV Bishoujo Senshi Girl Fighting that he will post along with the carts. (Also the Magic Bubble cart has a hole in it...heh...there's a hole on the cartridge of a hentai game)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 07:01:59 PM by KingPepe »

brightentayle

• A Very Punchy
  • Cutting yourself is fun, as long as you're paper.
    • View Profile
15in1 investigation
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2010, 07:14:10 AM »
Hell yah, coop mode found at last! And it's better than Harry's Lege-- WAIT. HOW IS THAT FREAKING POSSIBLE?! An earlier game has better coding than it's update?!

Crash Nicker  faints.

MLX

• View Profile
15in1 investigation
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2010, 01:07:57 PM »
So I was finally able to beat Titenic (Jack & Rose) and look at the end !

Yay !
Hummer Cheng and Carroll !

My new guess is that Silvers Lin is Hummer Cheng. Silvers Lin was on top of the team (Hummer Team). He was a programmer. In TTA6 Hummer Cheng is credited for no reason and NSF is present as it. Silvers Lin probably ripped the NSF from TTA. Music guy and Silvers Lin could be the same. (Also by the fact that Hummer is in the nickname).

Also if they weren't, where would Hummer Cheng would have learned programming ?

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
15in1 investigation
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2010, 01:16:41 PM »
Good find, if Carroll and Cheng were in the credits then it could be a Hummer Team production that was originally unreleased. What I find weird though is, if Harry's Legend came afterwards then how come it's much more well-known?

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
15in1 investigation
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2010, 01:47:26 PM »
I think the fact it was dumped is the reason why it's well known and it probably got around more with pirates stealing it (possibly, that game had like 2 different IDs for it's cart). Also Harry's Legend came on the single cart. (Not sure if there's a titenic one)

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
15in1 investigation
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2010, 01:53:59 PM »
ooh credits, awesome.
I dont think Hummer Cheng and Silvers Lin are the same person though. theres no reason he would have used two different names between games by the same company.

there could easily have been two programmers - maybe Lin mostly programmed platform games and Cheng usually did the fighting games? Lin AFAIK is only credited on DKC4, Aladdin and TTA6, and Harrys Legend always felt kinda like it was a platformer built on a fighting engine to me, what with the kick attack and relatively large sprites.