Author Topic: 15in1 investigation  (Read 33459 times)

MLX

• View Profile
15in1 investigation
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2010, 01:58:56 PM »
Also the fact that Harry's Legend is a MMC3 game ! It was dumped in 2003 so it's more likely companies got it in their hand after CaH4e3 released it.

Well there are no ending on a fighting game so you cannot prove anythign that Silvers Lin didn't programmed these.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 01:59:39 PM by MLX »

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
15in1 investigation
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2010, 02:28:39 PM »
yeah, true, its just a theory. but both Lin and Cheng are credited separately on DKC4, for programming and music respectively (assuming Hung Hsiang Lin is Silvers Lin's Chinese name.. might be worth checking out some Chinese C&E games to confirm that) so I'd say they're definitely different people.

MLX

• View Profile
15in1 investigation
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2010, 01:00:03 AM »
Cheetahmen
Aug 26 2010, 01:16:41 PM
Good find, if Carroll and Cheng were in the credits then it could be a Hummer Team production that was originally unreleased. What I find weird though is, if Harry's Legend came afterwards then how come it's much more well-known?[/quote]It isn't. There would have been more people credtied if it's from Hummer Team. It's more likely only 2 or 3 members stayed in the team.

brightentayle

• A Very Punchy
  • Cutting yourself is fun, as long as you're paper.
    • View Profile
15in1 investigation
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2010, 08:02:23 AM »
MLX
Aug 26 2010, 01:58:56 PM
Also the fact that Harry's Legend is a MMC3 game ! It was dumped in 2003 so it's more likely companies got it in their hand after CaH4e3 released it.

Well there are no ending on a fighting game so you cannot prove anythign that Silvers Lin didn't programmed these.[/quote]I'm gonna ask CaH4e3 if he modified the mapper, because.. well, he did that on Panda World.

And too bad there's no even buried credits in HL...

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
15in1 investigation
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2010, 06:19:19 AM »
You showed us that already, I think. :P BTW, where's part 2?

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
15in1 investigation
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2010, 11:33:46 AM »
Now I'm really wondering what the connection between Somari Team and Hummer Team is. There's definitely some commonality between them, given that both their games have shown up on this cartridge. Not to mention a hack of Somari called "The Hummer"...

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
15in1 investigation
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2010, 11:47:34 AM »
codeman38
Aug 28 2010, 11:33:46 AM
Now I'm really wondering what the connection between Somari Team and Hummer Team is. There's definitely some commonality between them, given that both their games have shown up on this cartridge. Not to mention a hack of Somari called "The Hummer"...[/quote]I think it's fair to assume that Abab Soft is made up of staff from both companies given that. One thing that I wonder is if Titenic claims ownership to any company, seeing as only four people made it apparently.

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
15in1 investigation
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2010, 11:59:44 AM »
personally I think they were both the same thing. no game used the Someri Team name after 1994, no game used the Hummer Team name before 1995. there were probably divisions at times but they always seem to merge back together in the end. or at the very least it was probably a Gamtec/Chuanpu/everyone else in Taichung- kinda situation where two or more companies just worked fairly closely with one another, sharing staff and technology and whatnot whenever they needed to.

MLX

• View Profile
15in1 investigation
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2010, 01:06:48 PM »
If they aren't the same person (Hummer Cheng/Silvers Lin). Why he would have stayed in Hummer Team if he wasn't working ? (TTA6 and stuff, also the fact that EWJ3 is pretty lazy about music).

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
15in1 investigation
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2010, 05:40:39 PM »
yeah thats true, there are a whole bunch of games from around that time that dont seem to involve Cheng .. but maybe Titenic was originally made in late '97/early '98 (around the time of the movie's release, and also the time the "Hummer Team" name stopped being used), then Cheng left and the remaining members made TTA6 and FF3 with stolen music.

MLX

• View Profile
15in1 investigation
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2010, 01:20:01 AM »
And for KoF96 which was made in 1998 ? It has original musics. Also the fact that ABAB Soft popped up in 2003. The games were for sure already finished but these would have made in 1997 for being released in 2002 - 2003 ? wtf.

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
15in1 investigation
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2010, 11:17:20 AM »
i'd guess that Titenic was made in 1997-8, but it was turned into Harrys Legend before it was released.. the popularity of Titanic was declining after that so probably no one even thought of releasing the original version until ABABsoft came along. but the other games released by ABAB (all the single screen stuff) were probably made much later.  

as for KOF '96, that one seems to have been released in weird circumstances anyway. it was probably finished sometime before '98, and the ending was just changed at the last minute.

MLX

• View Profile
15in1 investigation
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2010, 12:08:15 PM »
When we go further this make less and less senses.
KoF96 was made in 1998. No doubt on that. SF97Z2 was made during late 1997 seeing what NT id it uses. Also the fact that KoF has a SF97Z2 music in the NSF.

For me it was made in 1998. Also didn't you notice that it uses the same JY code as Final Fight 3 and TTA6 which are both the lastest Hummer's games.

Also we do not know when ABAB was active. They were probably already working in 1999 - 2000. And for me Harry's Legend is just a hack of it changing some graphics. The fact that it is mainly found on new multis make me wonder if it was really released before Titenic.

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
15in1 investigation
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2010, 03:42:41 PM »
It didn't just change graphics but it also changed a bit with controls and gameplay. Harry lost his jump punch, has only a single attack and shoots out a projectile. Also all the enemies do touch damage instead of just actually attacking you.

I think Titenic came first though because we've seen parts of it in UMK4's coding (and one of the tracks sound similar), it has credits unlike Harry's Legend, there's unused stuff right in, (although this might be something like SMW with the incomplete version having graphics of enemies in the full one. The only thing is that the waitress in Harry's Legend's tiles doesn't have all her sprites) and the graphics make more sense on Titanic. The reason Harry's Legend is known more is probably the whole MMC3 thing and the fact that (possibly) Harry Potter is way more well known then Titanic.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
15in1 investigation
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2010, 05:18:20 PM »
KingPepe
Aug 30 2010, 03:42:41 PM
I think Titenic came first though because we've seen parts of it in UMK4's coding (and one of the tracks sound similar)[/quote]I just realised something. If UMK4 had coding from Titenic then wouldn't that mean it was made in about 1998?