Author Topic: Jungletac GBA ROMs Found  (Read 10010 times)

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
Jungletac GBA ROMs Found
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2011, 03:43:06 PM »
SpaceNinja
Aug 8 2011, 03:40:01 PM
If these games have actual endings, I can look at them, if you know what I mean. :P[/quote]Given the simplistic nature of these games, I really doubt they have endings. If they do, they're probably just generic "Win" screens or something. -_-

Linkrulezall

• View Profile
Jungletac GBA ROMs Found
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2011, 04:19:40 PM »
Cheetahmen
Aug 8 2011, 03:43:06 PM
SpaceNinja
If these games have actual endings, I can look at them, if you know what I mean. :P[/quote]Given the simplistic nature of these games, I really doubt they have endings. If they do, they're probably just generic "Win" screens or something. -_-[/quote]I've beaten Hero Legend before, and it has a proper ending.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Jungletac GBA ROMs Found
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2011, 04:30:20 PM »
Linkrulezall
Aug 8 2011, 04:19:40 PM
Cheetahmen
Aug 8 2011, 03:43:06 PM
SpaceNinja
If these games have actual endings, I can look at them, if you know what I mean. :P[/quote]Given the simplistic nature of these games, I really doubt they have endings. If they do, they're probably just generic "Win" screens or something. -_-[/quote]I've beaten Hero Legend before, and it has a proper ending.[/quote]Do you mind spoiling it then? I don't think many people would bother playing through it. :P

Linkrulezall

• View Profile
Jungletac GBA ROMs Found
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2011, 04:40:25 PM »
Cheetahmen
Aug 8 2011, 04:30:20 PM
Do you mind spoiling it then? I don't think many people would bother playing through it. :P[/quote]If Harry's Legend made it in, Hero Legend will too. It's basically the text Victory! with stars and fruits falling from the sky.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Jungletac GBA ROMs Found
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2011, 04:44:51 PM »
Linkrulezall
Aug 8 2011, 04:40:25 PM
Cheetahmen
Aug 8 2011, 04:30:20 PM
Do you mind spoiling it then? I don't think many people would bother playing through it. :P[/quote]If Harry's Legend made it in, Hero Legend will too. It's basically the text Victory! with stars and fruits falling from the sky.[/quote]So like I implied earlier, essentially a generic "win" screen. Can't say I'm surprised, quite frankly.

SpaceNinja

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Jungletac GBA ROMs Found
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2011, 02:24:54 AM »
I might actually take my time to get all these endings and then post it into ONE single video.

Brn89

• View Profile
Jungletac GBA ROMs Found
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2011, 05:12:24 AM »
Linkrulezall

I sure hope Brydo sees this for Pirate Showcase![/quote]I have :P I'll do a video on all sixteen of them, in the same video that is. When I title the video, would "JungleTac 16-in-1" be ideal for the video even if they're separate games?

EDIT: Broken post was broken, I fixed it now. -KingPepe
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 10:13:42 AM by KingPepe »
>>mindsConnected<<
The next-generation tech forum.

Linkrulezall

• View Profile
Jungletac GBA ROMs Found
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2011, 01:08:45 PM »
BrydoRX
Aug 9 2011, 05:12:24 AM
When I title the video, would "JungleTac 16-in-1" be ideal for the video even if they're separate games?[/quote]Sure, Since they were released as a pack on the A320 before I discovered the standalones.

GameMachineJames

• View Profile
Jungletac GBA ROMs Found
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2011, 04:34:46 AM »
I had to register to make a reply here as I had no idea about Jungletac or any of that. I have these games. all 16 of them. they're ported to GBA for use on a clone known as "Pocket XP" model "XP-A1", It's a GBA clone and they are the default games, the only ones I'm unable to delete from the system's Flash. It has an EXT port that's secretly USB but I've been as-yet unable to use it. The games themselves play wonderfully.

EDIT: I built a USB cable but it apparently needs drivers. Does anyone own a Pocket XP (Of any model) and have the drivers that go to it?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 04:39:14 AM by GameMachineJames »

Azathoth

• View Profile
Jungletac GBA ROMs Found
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2011, 09:54:55 AM »
Is that one of those reverse-engineered GBA systems shaped like a GBA SP?

If so, then I haven't seen anyone be able to modify the internal memory. The only version I know of that can be modified is the older GBA style one that actually has a USB port on it.

I don't own either of these devices (on their way though!) so I'm completely talking out of my ass and might be totally wrong.

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
Jungletac GBA ROMs Found
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2011, 10:46:14 AM »
I think you can modify the internal memory on most of them, some actually do come with an EXT to USB cable. I've never heard of one needing drivers though, I thought they just showed up as a USB mass storage device.

You could try contacting Jungletac I guess, the Pocket XP is listed on their site (and advertised as having 2GB memory, implying you should be able to add your own games) so if it needs drivers they might have them. I'm not sure if they usually reply to emails but it's worth a shot.
I guess the Pocket XP solves the mystery of why Jungletac ported their games to the GBA though - they wanted to make a GBA clone with built in games without including any pirated software.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 10:48:19 AM by taizou »

GameMachineJames

• View Profile
Jungletac GBA ROMs Found
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2011, 11:07:32 AM »
taizou
Aug 10 2011, 10:46:14 AM
I think you can modify the internal memory on most of them, some actually do come with an EXT to USB cable. I've never heard of one needing drivers though, I thought they just showed up as a USB mass storage device.

You could try contacting Jungletac I guess, the Pocket XP is listed on their site (and advertised as having 2GB memory, implying you should be able to add your own games) so if it needs drivers they might have them. I'm not sure if they usually reply to emails but it's worth a shot.
I guess the Pocket XP solves the mystery of why Jungletac ported their games to the GBA though - they wanted to make a GBA clone with built in games without including any pirated software.[/quote]It's likely I built the cable incorrectly. If anyone has a usb cable for a Pocket XP to spare, please be a gent?

RVVD4029

• Banned
    • View Profile
Jungletac GBA ROMs Found
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2015, 12:44:56 PM »
Actually taizou to hack the jgc roms back into gba roms. I think they changed the header data.
I think for pinball fish it is not bad anti analising. It is actually because it is simulating anti analising by making the image in photoshop. In hero legend the enemies are from don doko don. Because hero legend is essentially a port of don doko don from the famicom. I always thought to get drivers for the pocket xp. You have to actually ask someone at the store to give the drivers disc to you. Actually it is not because of pirated software for the pocket xp. It is just that the gba roms much like the nes files use less memory than the original jgc/wxn files. Actually pinball fish's background is not a emulation problem. It is just that you can't see it on a actual console. Because the screen is too small to see it unlike a typical big pc screen. Taizou actually it is ironic how they can't rip the ready, go samples from puzzle bobble. Because dragon co did not have any difficulty with doing the same thing. And they are the only music in the rom that is not done consecutively. Actually the reason why the coin digger clone is called manic troll is because dora the explorer says that phrase in the actual anime show. Actually i am still interested in getting the zone 40 and 60 dumped on a computer. Because the games there unlike these gba roms. They are essentially hacks of nice code's games unlike these gba roms which are pirate originals instead.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 12:58:58 PM by RVVD4029 »

fergzilla

• View Profile
Jungletac GBA ROMs Found
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2015, 06:26:48 PM »
So I tried out Tiger Rescue, and...

that thing is basically a GBA version of the Aero Fighters game formula. Same planes, powerups and "GAME OVER" fonts and all. Now all it needs is dolphins speaking Engrish to us about frying over jungles, and we're good. If only Video System didn't go bankrupt in the early 2000s, maybe we would have gotten a legit port. But ah well, Jungletac did the job for us.

Also, I might be playing these games and recording them for some high score runs. I might even aim for the maximum possible score on the more puzzle-oriented ones.