Author Topic: Ankos' Games  (Read 5757 times)

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: Ankos' Games
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2022, 12:16:24 AM »
These are BBD/SKOB carts. The one on top is an English release of a BBD game. These have shells designed to look like GBA game shells and a blurb that says "by oneself play" on them. The rightmost cart is the King of Fighters R2 by SKOB. The remaining two carts are BBD carts from Mainland China. Oddly the text in the green cart (Startled 911) is in English. These like the double arrow carts have gaps, or rather a gap, in the plastic near the gold fingers. I have included a picture of this gap

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2022, 12:17:18 AM »
These are the Li Cheng games. I don't have too much to say about these. the one in the middle appears to have a typo saying CAB148 instead of CBA148

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2022, 12:19:54 AM »
Here are the miscellaneous games I released earlier. The flashcart can be seen on the left. It is the type where you plug Gameboy games into it and then plug it into a Gameboy, similar to a cheat cart. Despite the ROM seemingly being in tact this does not want to go past the Nintendo logo when I put it in my Gameboy. The double arrow cart is the source of the pirate translation of Pokemon Green. The cart with the text "Gameboy Advance" molded into the plastic is the multicart the Primal Rage hack was extracted from

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2022, 12:34:03 AM »
These are the Vast Fame games I posted earlier. The Telefang hack is on the left while the other two are Kongfeng carts. Kongfeng in addition to using multiple types of copy protection also used multiple types of circuit boards for many of their games. Fortunately they often used transparent plastic, so if you want a specific version of a Kongfeng release you don't always have to crack open the cart to see if you got the right one

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2022, 12:34:44 AM »
These are the carts I dumped the Gowin games from earlier. The two on the right are the usual Gowin releases in green shells. Gowin games often were re-released with different looking carts and boxes. Their earliest releases date back to the early 90s with their final releases dating to the early 2000s. These appear to be releases closer to the middle of that range, though it is hard to put an exact year on these without having the box. The leftmost cart is the pre-Gowin release of Losing Trip by Songtly and Jumbo, Top Secret. From what I can gather these were packed in with a Gameboy clone manufactured by Songtly. Other Gowin titles were released by other Gameboy clone manufacturers but they all used the same type of shell this one used

SuperfishMEMZ

• the human, not a fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2022, 01:39:37 AM »
Will you release the raw dumps of Gowin's games that doesn't have the intro trimmed? I'd like to see it.

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2022, 07:46:58 AM »
Sure, I'll upload those when I have the time

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2022, 12:31:02 PM »
Here are the untrimmed ROMs for Magic Ball and Prince Yeh Rude. These cannot be played in emulators, so I am just uploading these for completion sake. If you attempts to open the untrimmed Magic Ball ROM an intro splash screen appears

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2022, 02:24:32 PM »
I was looking through my stuff and found a Makon multi that works in hhugboy. It does not have anything on it that wasn't already dumped on it. I mostly care about new games getting dumped but since this was a pretty easy one to preserve I figured I'd post it

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2023, 01:08:59 PM »
Sintax did a port of Super Mario Bros for the GBC. It went by multiple titles and got a rerelease by NGCA with the ID SM056 stamped on the board (at least on my copy). I don't think the NGCA version has been dumped yet, so I'm posting it here

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2023, 11:46:54 PM »
Temporarily taking down this game since it appears to have some issues when emulated
« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 01:25:40 AM by Ankos »

SuperfishMEMZ

• the human, not a fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2023, 06:21:45 AM »
idk if it was posted here before, but here's Ankos' dump of Sintax's Crazy Arcade 1 which is a reskin of their Zook 3 game.

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2023, 12:41:35 PM »
I posted that here, but under its Chinese name

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2023, 02:09:17 PM »
Three more today. SL-006 is the SL version of the Three Kingdoms RPG by Vast Fame. It uses SL copy protection, so adjust your emulator settings for that if you want to run it. It seems unchanged on the surface, but it has a different boot logo than normal. The other two are language variants of already dumped Sintax games. Ice Age II is a Klonoa clone, and Pokemon Ruby is an SRPG

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2023, 09:55:57 AM »
Makon Pokemon Sapphire in English