Author Topic: Twin Eagles Group rom hacks  (Read 19672 times)

PlayerSecelt

• View Profile
Twin Eagles Group rom hacks
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2011, 04:46:05 PM »
Yeah, and its header says "SPACE INVADERS" and it has some sounds similar to the Space Invaders, might be a hack of the SNES Space Invaders.
(I'm sorry for saying "Space Invaders" too much.)

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2011, 04:50:22 PM »
PlayerSecelt
Jun 22 2011, 04:46:05 PM
Yeah, and its header says "SPACE INVADERS" and it has some sounds similar to the Space Invaders, might be a hack of the SNES Space Invaders.
(I'm sorry for saying "Space Invaders" too much.)[/quote]If so, then it's a pretty elaborate hack if you ask me. :)

Barver

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2011, 12:25:59 AM »
Since it doesn't appear Mr. Byte is going to ever come online again I may as well share the amiga art file for Sonic's sprites, shouldn't matter much.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ITMBK3A6

And a converted BMP:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=290vmg8&s=7

Lots of the art is chopped up. Can't imagine what else to do with these sprites unless you want to put them into other Sparkster games.

Barver

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2012, 08:04:11 PM »
Anyone have the rom pack still? Someone pointed out Cyper Lip on the LostLevels forums(and shame on you taizou for not remembering where it came from :P) and was wanting to obtain the whole set.

Reminds me I should see about getting into contact with mr. byte sometime again.

Azathoth

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2012, 03:20:38 AM »
I have the original archive on my other computer, I'll upload it tonight if need be.

I'm 100% positive the Cyberlip port had never been spoken of or posted prior to you getting that info (at least on English language sites anyway). Unless I overlooked it their website doesn't even mention it.

Barver

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2012, 05:41:02 PM »
Oh I wasn't trying to say that port was mentioned elsewhere before receiving this pack from mr byte, if it looked that way.

Look forward to the zip :)

Azathoth

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2012, 04:17:44 AM »
Oh no, I didn't take it that way. I guess what I was alluding to was that if you hadn't had that conversation the Cyberlip port would have been lost forever :/

Here's the link on my box account

Feel

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2012, 02:14:28 PM »
Barver
Jul 29 2012, 08:04:11 PM
Anyone have the rom pack still? Someone pointed out Cyper Lip on the LostLevels forums(and shame on you taizou for not remembering where it came from :P) and was wanting to obtain the whole set.

Reminds me I should see about getting into contact with mr. byte sometime again.[/quote]That was me ^^.

Seeing that early build really peaked my attention. If the completed game exists, we HAVE to find a way to get it. As that ould be a truly great game to make a repro.

pichichi010

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2012, 04:20:14 PM »
Feel
Aug 2 2012, 02:14:28 PM
Barver
Jul 29 2012, 08:04:11 PM

Reminds me I should see about getting into contact with mr. byte sometime again.[/quote]That was me ^^.

Seeing that early build really peaked my attention. If the completed game exists, we HAVE to find a way to get it. As that ould be a truly great game to make a repro.[/quote]Want!

Moneyspider_Todd

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2014, 03:20:54 PM »
Oh, nice to find a working link of the rom zip folder. Thanks a lot.

Sight, i wish that X-MEN VS Street Fighter 2 could be released someday. Looks pretty interesting.

Greetings!

Moneyspider_Todd

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2015, 12:20:43 AM »
Just in case some one wants to know; few months ago i talked with the "main man" of TEG via facebook, who sadly said he lost everything of the work of the xmen vs street fighter II of SNES due his hard drive die. So, everything left is that magneto vs dhalsim portrait screen... and that's all.

That's how also a lot of other works for SNES and other system where lost, too. As the Saint Seiya games for SNES.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 12:22:05 AM by Moneyspider_Todd »

Azathoth

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2015, 11:45:06 PM »
Moneyspider_Todd
Apr 14 2015, 12:20:43 AM
Just in case some one wants to know; few months ago i talked with the "main man" of TEG via facebook, who sadly said he lost everything of the work of the xmen vs street fighter II of SNES due his hard drive die. So, everything left is that magneto vs dhalsim portrait screen... and that's all.[/quote]Well.... shit.

I really hate to hear this, this was one of those games I always hoped would surface somewhere. After their effort put into the SNES SFII:CE hack (which was amazing for it's time) I thought this would be awesome. Pity nothing exists of it. Thanks for solving the mystery!

Moneyspider_Todd

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2015, 01:37:52 AM »
No problem buddy ;)

In a side note, yesterday finally i had the chance of get a physical cpoy of TEG's SFII Champion Edition Hack, thus completing my SF SNES collection of 4 official games, 1 gameboy port playable via Super game Boy and 3 bootlegs (X-Men vs Street Fighter, Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha and SFIICE). The cart of the last one is surprisingly light, even lighter than a piece of cardboard. The game itself runs perfectly aside of the last fight where Bison sometimes suddenly dissapear from to top of the screen, and the well-known glitched endings of the 4 devas. Aside of that, is an awesome hack.

Greetings!

craftersshaft

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2016, 06:26:39 PM »
Do you have any mirrors of the zip on dropbox or mega, or some other site like those that isn't mediafire? I don't feel safe going for a direct IP.