Author Topic: Pirated Game Museum  (Read 21965 times)

Barver

• View Profile
Pirated Game Museum
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2011, 01:11:36 AM »
I've always been fond of the simplicity of this one:

There is indeed a duck, and judging by the background, there will certainly be some adventures of which some tales can be told. Some piraters know how to convey these titles through such surreal art. It makes you think. Maybe they're deeper than we give them credit for.  :lol:

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
Pirated Game Museum
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2011, 04:27:42 AM »
And sometimes they use completely random material which has nothing to do with the game. Mind you, multicarts are a good way of finding unfitting images and names. I have a 190-in-1 which shows a picture of Sonic the Hedgehog on the front, even though he doesn't actually appear in any of the games. (One of them is called Bedgehog on the menu, but it's just a hack of Super Mario Bros.), a 7-in-1 which shows an image from Star Wars for Bucky O'Hare and the manual for Contra: The Alien Wars for Super Contra 6, a 112-in-1 which has too many errors to list and a 4-in-1 which manages to confuse Knight Rider for Super Mario Kart.

Barver

• View Profile
Pirated Game Museum
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2011, 07:36:57 AM »
Someone sabotaged the site a bit, but they didn't do much. Wondering if it was a bot or not. IP was 122.106.1.163.

Wondering if I should up the security on the site in any way...

MLX

• View Profile
Pirated Game Museum
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2011, 09:25:50 AM »
The IP is owned by an australian website, no idea if many bots are from australia...

http://www.optuszoo.com.au/ - Provide IP adresses (?)

Here are the related IP Adresses:
203.2.75.2 (server 1)
203.2.75.12 (server 2)

You can send complaints here:
abuse@optusnet.com.au - No idea if it still works.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 02:05:41 PM by MLX »

Barver

• View Profile
Pirated Game Museum
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2011, 11:37:13 PM »
Can anyone else confirm that you can click the add picture to gallery button and it works? It suddenly refuses to work for me in any browser :(

Edit: It partially works...now whenever I upload a photo it does nothing. I don't have any idea if this has something to do with that person that was doing nonsense last night, or if it's just bad timing for wikia to be glitching up or what  :(
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 12:00:52 AM by Barver »

MLX

• View Profile
Pirated Game Museum
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2011, 01:21:48 AM »
I just uploaded a picture I had on my comp, it worked perfectly

Barver

• View Profile
Pirated Game Museum
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2011, 02:51:13 AM »
Working for me the past couple hours, no idea what was wrong...

Barver

• View Profile
Pirated Game Museum
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2011, 10:13:43 PM »
So I'm still proving incompetent to fixing my own wiki :X The Famicom page is still set for deletion thanks to that spammer a couple days back. How do I fix it so it's not a candidate for deletion anymore?

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
Pirated Game Museum
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2011, 10:16:37 PM »
you just have to remove {{Delete}} from the page. i've done it anyway. :D i swear i'll contribute some of my own stuff soon, when im less busy and all

Barver

• View Profile
Pirated Game Museum
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2011, 11:44:18 PM »
That shows how bad I am at this, I saw it said to remove {{Delete}}, yet I couldn't even figure out how to do it. I must look the fool haha.

I've still got loads and loads of cart pics I haven't put up yet, I gotta find more other systems though since it's still a famicom. It's been fun since I've been discovering things not seen though, like Donkey Kong Country 4 with an ID of EL-033. Plus the original EWJ2 from Super Game from Sugar softec. And some NT carts not even on CaH4e3's list, which obviously is missing a lot of unaccounted stuff still.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 11:46:31 PM by Barver »

ThunderBlastMan

• View Profile
Pirated Game Museum
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2011, 05:03:29 PM »
There are pirated carts for even licenced games such as Sonic 1, 2, 3, and knucckles. you can find them at sonicology also sonic and knuckles pirates lack the lock on due to lazyness probably or only technology SEGA can handle.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 05:03:50 PM by ThunderBlastMan »

Barver

• View Profile
Pirated Game Museum
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2011, 05:29:32 PM »
Uh...duh? Pirates for licensed carts? You don't say!?

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
Pirated Game Museum
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2011, 05:34:31 PM »
SUPERSONICDUDE91
Apr 21 2011, 05:03:29 PM
also sonic and knuckles pirates lack the lock on due to lazyness probably or only technology SEGA can handle.[/quote]I'm pretty sure that's both. The extra parts required for the lock-on would be hard to find and rather expensive from what I understand, and pirates tend to the route which benefits them more than anyone.

ThunderBlastMan

• View Profile
Pirated Game Museum
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2011, 02:34:49 PM »
I think you should add gameboy (the original) and gameboy color to the system list

Barver

• View Profile
Pirated Game Museum
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2011, 08:08:40 PM »
I'll do that whenever I start looking for GB carts. I've been on hiatus since I got tired of constantly uploading things, no one else is adding either :x Guess it still needs to get its name out there, but for the moment I'm assuming there's no rush, and I've also been caught up in a game I started playing that takes up a lot of my time lol. I'll probably start putting things up again once it's done.