Author Topic: Pirated Game Museum  (Read 21910 times)

Barver

• View Profile
Pirated Game Museum
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2011, 11:53:57 PM »
Well, if you can tell me how to make you an admin, lemme know =p I need someone to fix the site up so it's possible to navigate, and can't figure out how. I figured out how to do redirect pages at least :X

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Pirated Game Museum
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2011, 12:00:40 AM »
Under Special:UserRights page, you can make someone have the rollback ability, be an administrator or be a bureaucrat (administrator who can assign others permissions, note upon making someone a bureaucrat, you CANNOT get rid of that position)
Created sub-forum for Pirated Games Museum, lemme just move this topic...
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 12:10:40 AM by KingPepe »

Barver

• View Profile
Pirated Game Museum
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2011, 12:11:22 AM »
Got it, thanks! I've added Taizou and Cheetahmen as admins, so whatever you guys think needs to be done, don't hesitate :)

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Pirated Game Museum
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2011, 12:14:04 AM »
By the way, you want me to take the galleries from BootlegGames Wiki, copy them and then put them in the Pirated Game Museum?

Barver

• View Profile
Pirated Game Museum
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2011, 04:46:42 AM »
If it's easy enough I guess it can't hurt.

MLX

• View Profile
Pirated Game Museum
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2011, 05:47:25 AM »
I'm going to have fun doing Super Mario Bros. page :p

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
Pirated Game Museum
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2011, 08:02:13 AM »
Barver
Mar 20 2011, 12:11:22 AM
Got it, thanks! I've added Taizou and Cheetahmen as admins, so whatever you guys think needs to be done, don't hesitate :)[/quote]thanks! :D i'll get to abusing my power fixing up the navigation and stuff.
oh yeah, i think it'd be better to have the actual images (rather than the game pages) in the publisher categories - that way you get an overview of, say, everything released by NT just by browsing that category, rather than having to click through to each game page to see the NT version.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 08:53:34 AM by taizou »

MLX

• View Profile
Pirated Game Museum
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2011, 12:44:10 PM »
Looking at Somari page, do we also put original carts/box ?

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Pirated Game Museum
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2011, 05:02:52 PM »
A couple random observations that span multiple pages, so I can't really do these via a Wiki comment:

• I have a suspicion that the "LEE"-numbered carts, like Lupin III and Chip and...er...Tails, have some connection to NT. I mean, just... look at them. Aside from the labels, the only other carts I've seen with that "TSC DANDYK" mold (from the Chip & Dale cart) are NT ones.
  • Joe & Mac wasn't just popular among pirates as the source of a Mario hack. The title screen hacks in Back Goto Future 4 (sic!) and Tiny Toon 4 both use a font scavenged from Joe & Mac. And I seem to recall seeing that font in even more pirate title hacks, too.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
Pirated Game Museum
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2011, 05:11:44 PM »
That'd make sense, because I know NT called themselves New Game at some point or another, not to mention I've yet to find anyone else produce cart labels that ridiculous looking. (Unless you count Capcom with their Megaman carts :P ) Might be worth pointing out though that the copyright is intact in Lupin Sansei, whereas it isn't in the Tom & Jerry pirate I have, which has an NT ID on it. Although knowing them, they were probably too lazy to hack the copyright.

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
Pirated Game Museum
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2011, 06:18:59 PM »
codeman38
Mar 20 2011, 05:02:52 PM
Joe & Mac wasn't just popular among pirates as the source of a Mario hack. The title screen hacks in Back Goto Future 4 (sic!) and Tiny Toon 4 both use a font scavenged from Joe & Mac. And I seem to recall seeing that font in even more pirate title hacks, too.[/quote]
yeah, Turtle Ninja 5 (Toxic Crusaders hack) uses it too, as do a few random hacks on ABL consoles.. and its not just hacks, its also in Bar Room Shootout, a lightgun game possibly by Nice Code that i've got on a couple of famiclones. & Super Mario World uses the 8x8 font from the same game for its copyright screen.
MLX

Looking at Somari page, do we also put original carts/box ?[/quote] I'd say add them for unlicensed stuff - the publishers are quite often the same ones releasing pirate carts anyway.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 06:19:31 PM by taizou »

Barver

• View Profile
Pirated Game Museum
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2011, 08:11:17 PM »
taizou
Mar 20 2011, 08:02:13 AM
Barver
Mar 20 2011, 12:11:22 AM
Got it, thanks! I've added Taizou and Cheetahmen as admins, so whatever you guys think needs to be done, don't hesitate :)[/quote]thanks! :D i'll get to abusing my power fixing up the navigation and stuff.
oh yeah, i think it'd be better to have the actual images (rather than the game pages) in the publisher categories - that way you get an overview of, say, everything released by NT just by browsing that category, rather than having to click through to each game page to see the NT version.[/quote]Good idea. I also thought that there should be lists, pretty much like what CaH4e3's site has, that lists each game in order of their ID. The ID lists wouldn't show pics though, but rather be like this:

NT 001 [[Game Name]]

The [[]] around it linking to the game page. Then people can look through the gallery and find for themselves the cart that says ID: NT001. Helpful for keeping track of new discoveries, since as you can tell by looking at CaH4e3's site alone, there's a HUGE amount of game IDs from many publishers still unaccounted for.

I still wonder when I see IDs that go over 8000 or so if the 8 really represents the thousands place, or something else. Cuz that's a hell of a lot of carts in the world if so many publishers went that far.

Barver

• View Profile
Pirated Game Museum
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2011, 02:30:08 AM »
Got distracted a bit since my brother visited. Probably will be continuing to post pics mindlessly soon.

brightentayle

• A Very Punchy
  • Cutting yourself is fun, as long as you're paper.
    • View Profile
Pirated Game Museum
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2011, 03:10:53 AM »
I'm definitely faving this page.

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Pirated Game Museum
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2011, 10:47:10 AM »
I continue to be way too amused by how fractally wrong some of these cartridge labels are.

It's especially amazing to me how some bootleggers create perfectly reasonable art, some are off but still understandable, and some are just on some other planet entirely. Like Kyattou Ninden Teyandee. Some of the carts actually feature decent art of the Pizza Cats, one of which isn't even from the original cart. Some of them use pictures of other cats (including Garfield), which is... at least on the right track, if not ideal. And then there are LEE02014 and K1119, which have... foxes. (From works whose names include the word "fox", even.)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 10:47:35 AM by codeman38 »