Author Topic: Pirated Game Museum  (Read 21979 times)

Barver

• View Profile
Pirated Game Museum
« on: March 19, 2011, 03:16:21 AM »
Not much goes into starting a wiki, and I mentioned having this idea, so I made it.

http://piratedgamemuseum.wikia.com/wiki/Pirated_Game_Museum_Wiki

Not complete or anything, but no point holding it back, since putting pics up one by one is very time consuming, especially since I have to look for them, then save them, then upload. Too bad wiki doesn't let you just type the link to the pic instead of having to save  <_<

Obviously there's a TON of pictures out there to find, so if anyone is ever bored, this is a fun way to kill time! I'm sure everyone here can probably find ways to better improve it, I'll continue that myself as much as I can. I'm still getting used to it.

Lots to get to!

MLX

• View Profile
Pirated Game Museum
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 03:32:21 AM »
I can take a pic of all my games, this evening. Also I sent you the 2 missing but you didn't answered...

Barver

• View Profile
Pirated Game Museum
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 03:38:15 AM »
Oops, I saw but I guess it slipped my mind to respond :x Sorry! I'll try shipping your games Monday ;)

I need help btw. Anyone familiar with Wiki able to tell me why Categories don't seem to work on the site? Each time I scroll over one it says page doesn't exist, and takes me to editing it. I choose publish yet I go back and again it says it doesn't exist. Confusing the hell outta me.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 04:15:06 AM by Barver »

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
Pirated Game Museum
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 06:46:25 AM »
Sonison? Obviously an edit of NT's Somari cart, unless it's the other way round.

BTW, I own pirate copies of a few official games, namely Lupin Sansei, The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles and Tom & Jerry. In fact, the former comes in the same cart shape (and colour) to the Bugs Bunny's Crazy Castle pirate.

Brn89

• View Profile
Pirated Game Museum
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 07:32:21 AM »
Two Wikis on pirate games? Sounds cool... although I assume this one is all about just pictures of the carts but I may be wrong.
>>mindsConnected<<
The next-generation tech forum.

Barver

• View Profile
Pirated Game Museum
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 08:08:29 AM »
Yeah, it's not any sort of other version of Bootleg Games. It's mainly to just so everyone can see all the crazy different label variants that exist for all pirates out there. Specifically pirates of official games too, Bootleg Games is where I'll put pics of unlicensed games still, and don't see any real reason why anything that has an entry on the wiki here needs one at the other one.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Pirated Game Museum
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 09:03:20 AM »
Well in that case, CaH4e3's site has loads of label variants just so you know.

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Pirated Game Museum
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 12:19:57 PM »
Cheetahmen
Mar 19 2011, 06:46:25 AM
Sonison? Obviously an edit of NT's Somari cart, unless it's the other way round.[/quote]That, or they're both stolen from a still-unknown 3rd source.

The illustration of Sonic and Tails is definitely taken from the Japanese Sonic 2 cart - wonder where they got that background from, though, because that's definitely not from it.

Incidentally, that's not the only place where Banana Prince has been misidentified as Sonic; the multicart in which Dragon's Lion King 5 was first discovered also has Banana Prince listed as Sonic.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Pirated Game Museum
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 12:27:35 PM »
codeman38
Mar 19 2011, 12:19:57 PM
The illustration of Sonic and Tails is definitely taken from the Japanese Sonic 2 cart - wonder where they got that background from, though, because that's definitely not from it.[/quote]Given what NT are like, they probably just made a background completely at random and stuck Sonic and Tails on it. Then again, it's probably from some obscure Backgammon game I've never heard of.

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Pirated Game Museum
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2011, 12:42:56 PM »
Also, someone with admin-ly powers really needs to add a menu to the top bar with links to Systems, Publishers, etc. - there's currently no way to find the actual game listings other than the "latest activity" section.

Actually, the categories that are there probably need to be organized into super-categories like Systems, Publishers, Developers, etc. Currently there's no overarching category that contains, for instance, both "Famicom" and "SNES".

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Pirated Game Museum
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2011, 12:57:25 PM »
One thing that's for sure (IMO) is that the articles need some short descriptions for those who aren't familiar with the original game. Nothing fancy, just basic info like the year the game was released and what console(s) it was made for. Oh, and in the case of TV/movie licenses, it's a good idea to name the company it's licensed from.

MLX

• View Profile
Pirated Game Museum
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2011, 02:28:27 PM »
Does the website include rerelease of unlicensed games ?

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Pirated Game Museum
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2011, 07:21:30 PM »
I endorse this wiki all the way. You want me to make some sort of sub-forum for it or do you think this topic is good enough?

Barver

• View Profile
Pirated Game Museum
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2011, 08:36:11 PM »
Maybe a sub-forum would be cool :)

And if anyone wants to help, tell me how to make you an admin heh. I'm still new to this and am not too sure how to add all the links that make it even possible to navigate, and as has been pointed out, you can't really find anything yet.

MLX, when you say rerelease of unlicensed games I take it you mean like the NT copies of Somari etc.? I assumed any unlicensed games, including hacks of official games like Mario 10, would probably best stay on BootlegGames. That way there's more a separation between the two I think. I dunno, should stuff like that be on the site? You can let me know if you think it'd help more :)

Edit: Well, just looked and looks like people are adding pics of unlicensed games already =p I guess maybe each  page for anything that has an entry over here can provide a link to the Bootleg Games page for more info That might work.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 08:38:02 PM by Barver »

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
Pirated Game Museum
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2011, 11:45:00 PM »
i should get to uploading some of the stuff i have :D this is basically the sort of thing i was going to do on my site but yknow, i'm lazy