Author Topic: (OLD) Project PLUG 'N PLAY (Bleb, Kuck, Goof)  (Read 44619 times)

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Project PLUG 'N PLAY (Bleb, Kuck, Goof)
« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2018, 10:28:27 PM »
This is the NTSC version of Awesome Panda's tennis plug-and-play, incidentally, if anyone with the necessary dumping expertise is either in the US or willing to deal with international shipping: https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Wireless-Tennis-Game-System-With-39-Games-Plug-N-Play-Just-Connect-to-TV-/371440331789
I know I've seen another of these consoles which has the Super Mario Bros. hack "Bobby Go" on it, but I can't remember which one it is. It's not the tennis or ping pong one, as far as I can see—possibly the boxing one?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 11:04:00 PM by codeman38 »

forgotusername

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 12, 2018, 12:02:56 AM »
Not gonna bother quoting here because of the sheer amount of posts, just gonna answer some random stuff:

* While I don't have one of the "sport" consoles, I have some weird 32 (?) bit system from the same game manufacturers, which feature NES hacks/originals running at double resolution. (video of a similar, but not identical, console is here) I also have a handful of mini arcade machines with the 32-bit games on them, which also includes a handful of the 8-bit ones from the website

* Any thoughts on what else the "boxing" one might contain? The Burgertime, Adventure Island, and Ninja-kun hacks intrigue me, but they're not on the tennis system.

* Has anyone dealt with dumps before? As in sending them to a dumper? I desparately need to get rid of some of my garbage (I have an entire thing of plug 'n plays about the length of a restaurant booth chair - and that's not including handhelds!), but I've never bothered as I can't find records of how to send them, how much they typically cost, etc.

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 12, 2018, 12:15:50 AM »
Unfortunately, I don't think the boxing one is the one I was looking for after all; the one picture I found of the back of the box on Google Image Search (https://farm2.static.flickr.com/1306/767867475_4a43a04dc0.jpg) shows the same games as on the tennis console. I suppose they could be among the five games that aren't listed, but I doubt it.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 12:17:12 AM by codeman38 »

kelvin donna

• Company Name: Satervest
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 12, 2018, 04:53:14 AM »
forgotusername
Mar 12 2018, 12:02:56 AM
Not gonna bother quoting here because of the sheer amount of posts, just gonna answer some random stuff:

* While I don't have one of the "sport" consoles, I have some weird 32 (?) bit system from the same game manufacturers, which feature NES hacks/originals running at double resolution. (video of a similar, but not identical, console is here) I also have a handful of mini arcade machines with the 32-bit games on them, which also includes a handful of the 8-bit ones from the website

* Any thoughts on what else the "boxing" one might contain? The Burgertime, Adventure Island, and Ninja-kun hacks intrigue me, but they're not on the tennis system.

* Has anyone dealt with dumps before? As in sending them to a dumper? I desparately need to get rid of some of my garbage (I have an entire thing of plug 'n plays about the length of a restaurant booth chair - and that's not including handhelds!), but I've never bothered as I can't find records of how to send them, how much they typically cost, etc.[/quote]i wanted some infos about the games from this website:http://www35.tok2.com/home/ymktvgame/picen.htm
i hate all media of the world, so i just moved to eurasia.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2018, 09:14:08 AM »
OH I just remembered that I have one of those mini arcade machines; the one I've got has 240 games and most of them are Cube Tech VT03 hacks with some Nice Code games and odd original soccer-oriented games thrown in. The problem is I can't record/stream footage of them decently due to the tiny screen and lack of video-out.

Some of the games have the original music, others have short sample loops that replace any music cues the games have. As far as I can tell the hacks seem to be a mix of the ones found on those sport pnps and another non-sport themed one that Taizou has (I forgot what it's called xp), I'd be interested to see those games dumped at some point.

forgotusername

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 12, 2018, 01:42:55 PM »
Awesome Panda
Mar 12 2018, 09:14:08 AM
OH I just remembered that I have one of those mini arcade machines; the one I've got has 240 games and most of them are Cube Tech VT03 hacks with some Nice Code games and odd original soccer-oriented games thrown in. The problem is I can't record/stream footage of them decently due to the tiny screen and lack of video-out.[/quote]It's something newer than VT03 - I forget what its called but it was discussed in another forum here somewhere. As such no dumps have surfaced, as the consoles are far too advanced to be easily emulated. They chose REALLY weird games to hack - one of them is a hack of this, for example.

Also worth mentioning in the US they "censored" the 240-in-1, removing ten games that iirc were all Mario-related in some way (so Mario Bros., Donkey Kongs, Wrecking Crew and whatnot). Dreamgear also released a variant of it, which to this day can be found in every department store in America; their version removed practically everything, mostly just leaving generic games and a bunch of shooting game hacks (and that cursed "bingo" thing again)

kelvin donna

• Company Name: Satervest
    • View Profile
Re: Project PLUG 'N PLAY (Bleb, Kuck, Goof)
« Reply #96 on: September 16, 2018, 05:38:44 AM »
i am wishing some vt02 versions of the vt09 jungletac games
i hate all media of the world, so i just moved to eurasia.

Icareevenless123456789

« Reply #97 on: October 14, 2018, 06:09:45 PM »
forgotusername here, for some reason on a completely different account because this is what the email verification sent me...

i was reminded of this thread because A. those goddamn idiots developers from atgames tricked me into buying a famiclone (that was ADVERTISED as having ARCADE games), and B. i watched someone play the all-time classic Animal Contest for four hours: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xKm-aBcreU

if its not clear already this project is pretty much dead...my hard drive broke, with all of the remaining plug 'n play roms stored on it. i didn't back them up anywhere else, as i had already fully compiled the next update. so i no longer have access to the already extracted games, the multicarts, all of the hex-editing and graphics tools, and whatever else this project required.

there are places that can remove select files from busted hard drives, but i somehow doubt .nes files are something they can get back (its all basic stuff like photos and documents from what i can tell). either way, this project is effectively finished in its current state. maybe sometime in the future there will be another update, but i can't even log into my mediafire account at this point so who knows. for now, this is goodbye. HEN & SONS will always love you...

(oh, and sorry if this is someone else's account i hijacked. i swear its what i was sent by email. i blame taizou for this)

ProBoTector23

« Reply #98 on: October 15, 2018, 11:31:09 AM »
Not everything was lost, because I uploaded many of your ripped hacks to my hack collection, so they can be downloaded from there.

Icareevenless123456789

« Reply #99 on: October 18, 2018, 02:47:44 AM »
Not everything was lost, because I uploaded many of your ripped hacks to my hack collection, so they can be downloaded from there.

I still have the roms i released publicly, i'm referring to all the stuff i had ripped and never posted. i believe there were about 60 total that were lost (although about 1/3 were just Nice Code copyright variations). Thank you though

ProBoTector23

« Reply #100 on: October 19, 2018, 05:24:33 AM »

I still have the roms i released publicly, i'm referring to all the stuff i had ripped and never posted. i believe there were about 60 total that were lost (although about 1/3 were just Nice Code copyright variations). Thank you though

You're very welcome!

NewRisingSun

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 22, 2018, 07:44:11 AM »
I will gladly continue the project, though I will probably choose more conventional folder names.

Icareevenless123456789

« Reply #102 on: October 22, 2018, 03:53:02 PM »
I will gladly continue the project, though I will probably choose more conventional folder names.
That would be great if you could, but only if you're up for it. you're free to do whatever you want with the foldernames, i was planning on changing them anyway. i can try to update my first post with your contributions to the project (obviously i'd have to actually get logged into that account first)

as a side note, does anyone know if the original bootleg game forum's posts can still be edited? if there is another update, it would be annoying for the original website to have year-old download links, especially since that one still gets more traction from what i can tell.

Icareevenless123456789

« Reply #103 on: November 06, 2018, 06:05:47 PM »
Interesting post from Frank Cifaldi today: https://twitter.com/frankcifaldi/status/1059927031226413057

guess we found out the mystery of where River Jump came from. seemingly Meccano and Goal Keeper as well, but there they actually bothered to change the graphics to not be of Elmo. i highly doubt anyone's dumping that thing but it's good to keep note of

torridgristle

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 31, 2018, 07:37:29 PM »
Got a PAP KIII Plus today, came with some bootleg games I haven't seen before like Mario TV.

https://mega.nz/#!xl9E3S6I!gn_4c4iBH2iqZQric9wLuciN7k2tt0L5zKFB9Zg7mW8

This is the contents of the FC directory on the internal micro sd card.

Rather than try and figure out which are duplicates on my own, I think I'll leave it to the professionals, lest I delete something new.