Author Topic: Confession... MUST READ  (Read 2563 times)

HummerBootlegFan1992

• View Profile
    • http://https://sites.google.com/site/officialhummer1992/home
Confession... MUST READ
« on: May 12, 2015, 05:29:18 PM »
Guys, I have a confession to make, and it's not easy to explain to people because people like to make fun of it for some reason.
I have Aspergers Syndrome aka Autism. It's a disease that can affect anyone. Some people have high or low functioning autism
Here are some things you need to know
1. Autism does not come in vaccinations, I've had autism since I was born
2. Aspergers is not supposed to be made fun of, like "Ass-burgers"
3. Not all people with autism act like a child, that's a very common stereotype
I know you may be asking yourself, "Hummer, why did you explain this now instead of when you introduced yourself in your first post?". Because I didn't wanna admit it until now.

I go to regular classes in school, and for some reason everyone says "You are very smart" to me, I am in 8th grade, I have good grades in most classes (in math I have a D and a C, I have 2 math classes).

So I hope I didn't piss you off by saying this.

KAGE-008

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Starlink3854
Confession... MUST READ
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 08:30:59 PM »
I have that too. I can remember exact dates of important events, even the days where I had 'bad' moments. But the only issue in my case is my nervousness when I want to ask questions to newly-met people.

Forsythia

• View Profile
Confession... MUST READ
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 08:09:20 PM »
HummerBootlegFan1992
May 12 2015, 05:29:18 PM
Guys, I have a confession to make, and it's not easy to explain to people because people like to make fun of it for some reason.
I have Aspergers Syndrome aka Autism. It's a disease that can affect anyone. Some people have high or low functioning autism
I know you may be asking yourself, "Hummer, why did you explain this now instead of when you introduced yourself in your first post?". Because I didn't wanna admit it until now.

I go to regular classes in school, and for some reason everyone says "You are very smart" to me, I am in 8th grade, I have good grades in most classes (in math I have a D and a C, I have 2 math classes).

So I hope I didn't piss you off by saying this.[/quote]
Quote:

Autism does not come in vaccinations, I've had autism since I was born[/quote]

I suffer from a hereditary disease (a form of Ankylosing Spondylitis) and I can't stand when people try to blame my disease on vaccinations! "You wouldn't have gotten sick if you parent's hadn't vaccinated you."  O_o  Like vaccines instantaneously mutate infant DNA like Spider-Man's radioactive spiderbite.

The gene that causes my illness (HLA-B27) is ancient. Anthropologists have relied on it to trace early human migration patterns. (Unless the Anti-Vaxxers are suggesting cavemen societies had a mandatory comprehensive early childhood vaccination program  :huh:)

Quote:

[/quote]

I know the feeling (*wanting to hide your illness). I don't enjoy having to always explain my condition to others (especially when not many people can understand it).

Sort-of off topic: this may sound crazy, but I've always been jealous of people with Type 1 Diabetes. For some reason that's the one hereditary disease the average American can grasp. "You have Juvenile Diabetes? Okay." (no suggestions of healing crystals or colon cleanses).

HummerBootlegFan1992

• View Profile
Confession... MUST READ
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 08:36:04 PM »
Forsythia
May 29 2015, 08:09:20 PM
HummerBootlegFan1992

Quote:

I suffer from a hereditary disease (a form of Ankylosing Spondylitis) and I can't stand when people try to blame my disease on vaccinations! "You wouldn't have gotten sick if you parent's hadn't vaccinated you."  O_o  Like vaccines instantaneously mutate infant DNA like Spider-Man's radioactive spiderbite.

The gene that causes my illness (HLA-B27) is ancient. Anthropologists have relied on it to trace early human migration patterns. (Unless the Anti-Vaxxers are suggesting cavemen societies had a mandatory comprehensive early childhood vaccination program  :huh:)

Quote:

[/quote]

I know the feeling (*wanting to hide your illness). I don't enjoy having to always explain my condition to others (especially when not many people can understand it).

Sort-of off topic: this may sound crazy, but I've always been jealous of people with Type 1 Diabetes. For some reason that's the one hereditary disease the average American can grasp. "You have Juvenile Diabetes? Okay." (no suggestions of healing crystals or colon cleanses).

[/quote]I just feel that when people call me retarded, I feel hurt. I also wonder why people have a problem with autistic people.
People also seem to not know the difference between the intellectually disabled and autistic people.
I am not retarded, but I am autistic. And when I tell people that there's a difference and explain the difference to them. They tell me "I don't care..."

BTW Just asking, Why do you have to have an off-topic statement at the end of every post?

Forsythia

• View Profile
Confession... MUST READ
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 08:58:31 PM »
HummerBootlegFan1992
May 29 2015, 08:36:04 PM
Forsythia
May 29 2015, 08:09:20 PM
HummerBootlegFan1992

Quote:

Quote:

[/quote]

[/quote]I just feel that when people call me retarded, I feel hurt. I also wonder why people have a problem with autistic people.
People also seem to not know the difference between the intellectually disabled and autistic people.
I am not retarded, but I am autistic. And when I tell people that there's a difference and explain the difference to them. They tell me "I don't care..."

BTW Just asking, Why do you have to have an off-topic statement at the end of every post?[/quote]
Quote:

I just feel that when people call me retarded, I feel hurt. I also wonder why people have a problem with autistic people.
I am not retarded, but I am autistic. And when I tell people that there's a difference and explain the difference to them. They tell me "I don't care..."[/quote]

Well, that's what I sorta meant to say. When someone makes an assumption about my illness/disease, I correct them, and they don't care/continue to be ignorant. So I don't bother explaining to people/bringing it up, 'cause its just a waste of energy.

Quote:

BTW Just asking, Why do you have to have an off-topic statement at the end of every post?[/quote]

Oh. I'm a bit ADDish and go off topic a lot  :D  If it bothers you I will delete it I am sorry.

HummerBootlegFan1992

• View Profile
Confession... MUST READ
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2015, 09:29:13 PM »
It doesn't bother me, I just wonder why you do it every time.
Also, I fast replied instead of quoting cause the quotes are getting big.