Author Topic: Pajama Sam SNES game???  (Read 2672 times)

Rocman X

• View Profile
Pajama Sam SNES game???
« on: February 07, 2015, 02:58:07 PM »
I need help identifying an SNES game, and I know it's unlicensed.
A few years ago, probably back in 2012, I had found this weird, but good game where you played as someone in pajamas. I searched for a pajama video game online, and I found "Pajama Sam", a character from a point-and-click series, so that might be who it was.
I played three levels of it.  In the first one, you were above a river and trying to avoid sharks. There were guitars that when collected, you played it and you were invincible, but at the first one, you were  on top of a hippo, and collecting it would cause you to fall into the water, because you moved around while playing it. Then you were chasing a man and a dog in a boat. The second level was in a cave, with bats that would cling onto you. In the second half of the level, you were in a mine cart, avoiding hitting the ceiling, making use of Mode 7 to rotate the screen, and then you were fighting the same man and dog in a train. The third level had you riding a bee, avoiding hummingbirds and parrots, until you were fighting the same man and dog in a helicopter, using Mode 7 again. I never figured out how to beat the boss, so I don't know what happened next.

What I also remembered about the game was that there were weird blank screens before levels. The game had really good music that sounded better than many other games. And when you died, the pajama guy would become an angel.

This was actually a pretty good game, even though it was weird. I lost all of my ROM files that weren't on the server about a year ago. Could you please identify it?

recorderdude

• View Profile
Pajama Sam SNES game???
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 06:46:20 PM »
That's Bananas De Pijamas, a hack of Chester Cheetah Too Cool To Fool.

Rocman X

• View Profile
Pajama Sam SNES game???
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 10:26:29 PM »
Thank you! I'll try again and see what happens next.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 10:28:54 PM by Rocman X »