Author Topic: Pokemon Chikorita ROM  (Read 15582 times)

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
Pokemon Chikorita ROM
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2016, 08:41:38 PM »
Hey, I didn't get an email from you, did you send one?

recorderdude

• View Profile
Pokemon Chikorita ROM
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2016, 05:24:21 PM »
It had been so long I forgot to. Sent one off now!

Solara

• View Profile
Pokemon Chikorita ROM
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2016, 05:42:19 PM »
I think it's funny that I literally was just about to post this exact same thing until I noticed somebody had already made a post looking for the same bootleg. Either way, I can't wait to see this dumped.

harimepuffle

• View Profile
Pokemon Chikorita ROM
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2016, 09:19:17 PM »
So I've been wondering, is this game like a port of Pokémon Gold Silver on the SNES, or is it just a totally different game?

Barver

• View Profile
Pokemon Chikorita ROM
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2016, 06:02:17 AM »
I had a cart some years back. It's completely it's own game, not a port of the SNES game. I think it was only like four levels or so. The Chikorita sprite seemed to be pretty close if not the same thing as what you see in Pokemon Gold Silver on SNES, though. Either that or I have a bad memory.

recorderdude

• View Profile
Pokemon Chikorita ROM
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2016, 09:20:18 PM »
Hey, just wanted to say I still have this and will attempt to get it out to Taizou to be dumped as soon as possible. I literally just moved twice in the past two months and it took a lot out of me, so I should finally be getting enough free time to ship it out soon.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 09:20:40 PM by recorderdude »

harimepuffle

• View Profile
Pokemon Chikorita ROM
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2017, 06:59:35 PM »
Sorry for the sudden bump but, how is it going? Any status of the ROM?

recorderdude

• View Profile
Pokemon Chikorita ROM
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2017, 08:36:06 PM »
Sincerest apologies for the ridiculous delay. Right around when I'd planned to ship out things got really bad IRL, and still are, but I haven't given up. I still want to dump the game. Looking back now it's probably best if I purchase a dumper and do it myself, asking if I have any problems with it - as to the best of my knowledge no other copies have come up since I found mine, and I would be mortified if intl mail confiscated it as unlicensed goods. That begs the question, though - what dumpers are available? I've found the joey-squinson and retrode, but both seem to be out of stock. Is there another option? Thank you in advance for any guidance you can offer.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 08:45:09 PM by recorderdude »

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Pokemon Chikorita ROM
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2017, 08:45:27 PM »
EMS, Bung, and a few other companies made dumpers, though the only one I know is still open is EMS (Their product is the GB Transferer). You may be able to buy one from EMS's Website www.hkems.com though I personally have never bought from them.

SkyLeague

• View Profile
Pokemon Chikorita ROM
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2017, 03:52:20 PM »
Even if you can manage to find a gbc dumping device at all, more than likely you won't be able to dump the rom properly. Bootlegs tend to have copy protection mechanisms that make them hard to dump. Taizou has been working on cracking the codes for these protections for a while now and has made significant progress in the past year and a half. So sending it out to him is probably your best option, you shouldn't have to worry about it being confiscated. Many people have loaned him their unlicensed carts before and they have made it out just fine. Hope things get better IRL.

recorderdude

• View Profile
Pokemon Chikorita ROM
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2017, 02:54:01 PM »
Fair point, then. I certainly don't want to muck about and do it wrong. I'll try to send it out to him when money's a little better, and let him know in advance. Sincerest apologies for having taken this long.

harimepuffle

• View Profile
Re: Pokemon Chikorita ROM
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2019, 01:08:32 AM »
It's been a very long time. I suppose there hasn't been much progress on this?

harimepuffle

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2021, 08:15:09 PM »
It's been a very long time. I suppose there hasn't been much progress on this?
Well I suppose not. Shame, really hoping something would arise from this.

harimepuffle

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2022, 01:24:17 AM »
I left a raw dump of the game on a previous thread, but no emulators currently support it. Maybe you could force it to boot by fooling around with save states and other games that use its engine. I know that it is possible to bypass the crash upon booting the raw dump of Dragon Ball Final Bout by doing this, but first you'd need a game that uses the exact same engine as SKOB's pokemon crystal, and even then it would still be a long shot
Which thread was it? I can't seem to find it.

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2022, 09:17:51 PM »
That post is down now. I'm not sure if it was even a good dump. There is at least one nongoodgbx set I've seen that added it, and I think someone reposted it in the BGC discord if you want to check there. I'm not posting non-working dumps anymore though (not that I have that one saved on my computer at the moment)