Author Topic: Fire Emblem Gaiden (ES-2014 Huo Yan Wen Zhang (張艷文))  (Read 1694 times)

SRC

• View Profile
Fire Emblem Gaiden (ES-2014 Huo Yan Wen Zhang (張艷文))
« on: December 19, 2021, 01:38:42 AM »
Hey all, I dumped this one a few months ago for the purpose of a Youtube video but wasn't really sure how to distribute it. I am about 100% certain this is dumped already but am posting this here for others that have had difficulty tracking the rom down like I did.

This is a mapper hack of Waixing's Fire Emblem. It's from a modern repro cart purchased from Taobao and dumped using GB64. (Amusingly, the rom's name defaulted as Bokujou 2 / Harvest Moon 2.)

Not too much to say about this one. It's a port of Fire Emblem Gaiden for NES and does the job decently despite some stripped features & characters. The music, however,is pretty terrible. It's not quite Makon Soft bad but there are very few tracks and they get grating quickly. 

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: Fire Emblem Gaiden (ES-2014 Huo Yan Wen Zhang (張艷文))
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2021, 12:45:47 AM »
Thank you. Most of Waixing's games were made by Hitek, who used the header name from Harvest Moon 2 for all of their games

SRC

• View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Gaiden (ES-2014 Huo Yan Wen Zhang (張艷文))
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2021, 09:44:42 PM »
Interesting, I assumed it was a quirk of the mapper hacking. I guess they just recycled the header from their Harvest Moon 2 translation.

Hi-Tek's involvement also helps explain the relatively decent quality of the port.