Author Topic: Game King Stuff  (Read 14527 times)

fcgamer

• View Profile
Game King Stuff
« on: June 01, 2013, 06:30:20 AM »
Let's start by posting a picture of my Game King collection:

Spoiler: click to toggle

I have some other games as well, but they are loose so I didn't bother snapping pics of them :(

I guess what I am wondering, is what other Game King games does everyone here have?  Information about the Game King is quite scarce, and the sites out there are very incomplete.  I am trying to establish what people have, and what all is out there.

Also, one of the rumored Game King III games (Fly Car) can be confirmed; it is a generic racer of sorts.

Finally, a word of the wise to anyone that has even the slightest interest in Game King stuff.  Try to get a Game King III.  I managed to get one (loose, unfortunately, as I wish it was boxed) but with the GKIII, the screen is very clear, and one can actually see what is going on when moving in b/w GK games!!!  GKIII makes the Game King actually a nice fun handheld...

Linkrulezall

• View Profile
Game King Stuff
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 03:58:27 PM »
Well if you can manage to get a later model of GK1, they seem to have gotten better screens. (You can identify later models by a different box). I can actually tell what's going on quite well, the screen is better than even the original GBA. I got mine from a wholesaler for only 8 bucks + shipping. Unfortunately, that wholesaler no longer carries them.

Anyways, I have the 3 carts you sold me along with the 4-in-1 that came packed in. Its art has a stolen Dark Archon from Starcraft and it comes with 4 games (obviously).

-Air War: Generic GK shooter, plays almost like 2004 but flipped on its side.
-Dead Shot: A hack of Trojan Legend. The GFX, Intro, and Sounds are different, but everything else is unchanged.
-Challenge: A seemingly original puzzle game. Its closest relative would be Moai-Kun, I think.
-Speed Boat: It's basically Super Motor, but with a boat. It also has the music from Penguin.

Oh, and I'm jealous of your collection. (but thanks for selling me what you did)

fcgamer

• View Profile
Game King Stuff
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 07:12:26 PM »
Linkrulezall
Jun 7 2013, 03:58:27 PM
Well if you can manage to get a later model of GK1, they seem to have gotten better screens. (You can identify later models by a different box). I can actually tell what's going on quite well, the screen is better than even the original GBA. I got mine from a wholesaler for only 8 bucks + shipping. Unfortunately, that wholesaler no longer carries them.

Anyways, I have the 3 carts you sold me along with the 4-in-1 that came packed in. Its art has a stolen Dark Archon from Starcraft and it comes with 4 games (obviously).

-Air War: Generic GK shooter, plays almost like 2004 but flipped on its side.
-Dead Shot: A hack of Trojan Legend. The GFX, Intro, and Sounds are different, but everything else is unchanged.
-Challenge: A seemingly original puzzle game. Its closest relative would be Moai-Kun, I think.
-Speed Boat: It's basically Super Motor, but with a boat. It also has the music from Penguin.

Oh, and I'm jealous of your collection. (but thanks for selling me what you did)[/quote]Is it possible to show me a picture of the box that contains the Game King with the better screen?  I actually own maybe two or three different box variants, and have seen a lot more of them.  At one point I wanted to collect Game King units by box and color, but thankfully that idea never got off the ground.

A few days back I actually found a guy's game king collection on photobucket, I think.  It was after I had posted this last post, and I saw that guy had most of the Game King 3 games, boxed, which really was a surprise to see!  I'll have to dig that link back up, but his collection made me feel like mine was nothing.

On another note, I have a few extra GK titles you can have for $5 each, if you need them:

I think I paid about $5 each for these, and then when I was out and about, saw them again and rebought them by mistake.  I sort of had the mentality that I would rather have dupes than pass something up that I needed.  But now they just sit in my sale bin, endlessly, since most people don't collect Game King.

Linkrulezall

• View Profile
Game King Stuff
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 11:45:17 AM »
Can you tell me what's on those carts?

fcgamer

• View Profile
Game King Stuff
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 01:02:11 AM »
Hey, sorry for the late-ish response.  Sure!

Going from left to right, top to bottom:

4 in 1
-Farer
-Sortie
-Phantom Fighter
-Seabed War

4 in 1
-Duckman
-Cyclone Action
-Happy Killer
-Ares

4 in 1 (I have two copies of this)
-Garman
-Armada
-Migat
-Brains

4 in 1
-Pet
-Arrow
-Airforce
-Fighter

4 in 1
-Terminator
-Nagual
-Blackjack
-Revenger

4 in 1
-Chaser
-Blaster
-Starwars
-Nagual

If you want / need most of these, I can let you have them all for $22 + shipping.  These are extras, and I would rather see these go to a good home than elsewhere :)

Ninjinister

• View Profile
Game King Stuff
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 11:47:04 PM »
I picked up a Game King II for a decent price a bit ago, oddly while I was looking for a Gamate.

It's alright for what it is. Reminds me a lot of the old LCD games from Tiger and the like.

Are there any 1-on-1 fighters available for it?

Linkrulezall

• View Profile
Game King Stuff
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2017, 04:55:44 PM »
Ninjinister
Feb 6 2017, 11:47:04 PM
Are there any 1-on-1 fighters available for it?[/quote]Not that I know of, the closest you're gonna get is probably Street Hero or one of its variants. However, I have seen a one-on-one fighter called King Boxing on some cheap-o handheld which seems to use cloned Game King hardware.

Ninjinister

• View Profile
Game King Stuff
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2017, 02:32:43 AM »
Linkrulezall
Feb 16 2017, 04:55:44 PM
Ninjinister
Are there any 1-on-1 fighters available for it?[/quote]Not that I know of, the closest you're gonna get is probably Street Hero or one of its variants. However, I have seen a one-on-one fighter called King Boxing on some cheap-o handheld which seems to use cloned Game King hardware.[/quote]Oh bloody heck I saw that so long ago I didn't even realize that it was anything similar to the Game King. I'd like to know if that game is available or works on the GK proper... maybe I'll find out some day.

Thanks for that!

Obsolete_Worlds

• View Profile
    • http://www.obsoleteworlds.com/
Game King Stuff
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2017, 08:21:28 AM »
Linkrulezall
Ninjinister
Are there any 1-on-1 fighters available for it?[/quote]Not that I know of, the closest you're gonna get is probably Street Hero or one of its variants. However, I have seen a one-on-one fighter called King Boxing on some cheap-o handheld which seems to use cloned Game King hardware.[/quote]Hi guys,

Just saw your post about this. There is actually a 1-1 fighting game for the Game King named 'Fighter'. It's a surprisingly detailed Street Fighter 2 clone complete with voice samples and special moves!

I reviewed it (with screenshots) on my blog here: http://www.obsoleteworlds.com/fighter.html

It's available only on Volume 12 of the 4-1 carts.

Hope that's helpful to you.  :dance:

Ninjinister

• View Profile
Game King Stuff
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2017, 04:01:25 AM »
Obsolete_Worlds
Apr 10 2017, 08:21:28 AM
Linkrulezall
Ninjinister
Are there any 1-on-1 fighters available for it?[/quote]Not that I know of, the closest you're gonna get is probably Street Hero or one of its variants. However, I have seen a one-on-one fighter called King Boxing on some cheap-o handheld which seems to use cloned Game King hardware.[/quote]Hi guys,

Just saw your post about this. There is actually a 1-1 fighting game for the Game King named 'Fighter'. It's a surprisingly detailed Street Fighter 2 clone complete with voice samples and special moves!

I reviewed it (with screenshots) on my blog here: http://www.obsoleteworlds.com/fighter.html

Hope that's helpful to you.  :dance: [/quote]Ohhh holy snapple that is awesome! I gotta find that!

How do you tell what volume each 4-in-1 is? I can't find an indicator anywhere.

Obsolete_Worlds

• View Profile
Game King Stuff
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2017, 08:13:44 AM »
Ninjinister
Apr 26 2017, 04:01:25 AM
Obsolete_Worlds
Apr 10 2017, 08:21:28 AM
Linkrulezall
Ninjinister

Hope that's helpful to you.  :dance: [/quote]Ohhh holy snapple that is awesome! I gotta find that!

How do you tell what volume each 4-in-1 is? I can't find an indicator anywhere.[/quote]

Some of the boxes have it written on the front or spine, others don't. I'm planning a big update to the Gameking section of my website soon which I hope will fully document all titles and models available and their serial numbers. My research has led me to believe that there are 90 individual titles available in total (including multi cart exclusives) and so far I have 63 of them and am slowly working my way through reviewing them all.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 08:14:35 AM by Obsolete_Worlds »

fcgamer

• View Profile
Game King Stuff
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2017, 11:38:33 AM »
Yeah, I have most of these games, I think.  Too bad I need to go to bed now, otherwise I would take a look at my records and see just how many GK games I have.
On another note, there are several different print runs of the Game King multicarts, and even some Korean releases!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 11:42:07 AM by fcgamer »

Ninjinister

• View Profile
Game King Stuff
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2017, 04:39:50 PM »
Obsolete_Worlds
May 28 2017, 08:13:44 AM
Some of the boxes have it written on the front or spine, others don't. I'm planning a big update to the Gameking section of my website soon which I hope will fully document all titles and models available and their serial numbers. My research has led me to believe that there are 90 individual titles available in total (including multi cart exclusives) and so far I have 63 of them and am slowly working my way through reviewing them all.[/quote]Blinkin' hell, I don't have boxes with any of my multi-carts :/

fcgamer

• View Profile
Game King Stuff
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2017, 05:19:29 PM »
Here are the ones I know about, on my list are 82, plus 13 Game King III games, totaling 95 games that I know about in total.  I am sure there could be others I do not know about though, and I am missing a few from my personal collection, anyone have some games to add to this list?

Adventure Legend Carlo
Air Wrestle
Airforce
Airhero
Airwar
Ares
Armada
Arrow
Bad Boy
Blackjack
Blaster
Bobby
Brains
Captain
Catman
Challenge
Chariot
Chaser
Clever Hawk
CS – I
Cycloneact
Dead Shot
Dino Adventure Legend
Dragon
Drifter
Duckman
Elfin
Explorer
F1-2004 Racing
Farer
Feichuan VII
Fighter
General
Happy Ball
Happy Garden
Happy Killer
Hero
Killer
Lanneret
Lightsword
Magician
Man Hunt
Metal Deform
Might
Miner
Mother Love
Nagual
Nobody
Peace Kavass
Penguin
Pet
Phantom Fighter
Pocket Tank
Popper
Racing Car
Revenger
Risker
Sea Tercle
Sea War
Seabed War
Seafight
Seaguard
Searcher
Soldier
Sortie
Spectask
Speed Boat
Star Ghazi
Starwards
Street Hero
Supermotor
Surf Eidolon
Tantivy
Terminator
Three Battles
Thunderbird
Trojan Legend
Valiant
Warrior
Whirlybird

Game King III:

Adventure
Aeolus
Blaze Plane
Diamond
Falcon Corps
Fly Car
Galaxy Crisis
Hermic Battle
Panzer
Search Action
Urgent Action
Vagrant

As a fun fact, Time Top also released a 16 bit plug n play, in Game King style.

Obsolete_Worlds

• View Profile
Game King Stuff
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2017, 03:46:34 AM »
Ninjinister
May 28 2017, 04:39:50 PM
Obsolete_Worlds
May 28 2017, 08:13:44 AM
Some of the boxes have it written on the front or spine, others don't. I'm planning a big update to the Gameking section of my website soon which I hope will fully document all titles and models available and their serial numbers. My research has led me to believe that there are 90 individual titles available in total (including multi cart exclusives) and so far I have 63 of them and am slowly working my way through reviewing them all.[/quote]Blinkin' hell, I don't have boxes with any of my multi-carts :/[/quote]

I believe that at least a handful of the multicarts don't have boxes as they were bundled exclusively with the GameKing units themselves. However there are 21 volumes of multicarts in total and I believe 17 individual releases (some of which appear on the multicarts) plus the built in 3.

I recently obtained the GameKing 3 and while its nice to have such a holy grail it has lost a lot of the orignal's charm. From the moment the re-vamped Timetop logo explodes you sense that the simplicity of the original GK is lost and the built in shooter Galaxy Crisis is equally over the top.

I've never played any of the fabled Gameking 3 carts so can't comment on them but would be interested to hear from anyone who has.

Playing the original GK games in colour isn't really all its cracked up to be either as they are often given gaudy colour pallettes that make the action indistinguishable.

My favourite GK is still the original. It has a nice screen and d pad. I really only use the backlit GK2 for capturing screenshots for my reviews.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 03:47:13 AM by Obsolete_Worlds »