Author Topic: Help Identifying Taiwanese MD game  (Read 6509 times)

Macaw

• View Profile
Help Identifying Taiwanese MD game
« on: May 17, 2013, 01:03:13 PM »
I found this image that was from Taizou's old auctions page:

It interested me because I didn't immediately notice it as being a clone/alternate version of a legit Japanese game. Can anyone identify it? Does anyone else think it could actually be an original Taiwanese action game?

Azathoth

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 12:53:52 AM »
For the life of me I can't identify that. Whatever it is, I want to play it! Looks kind of like a beat 'em up from what I can tell.

Is that a snowboarding level?

This has really piqued my interest, I hope someone can identify it.

Barver

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 04:41:13 AM »
I recognize that auction lol Been up for an eternity. That' s just a pirate of one of the Shinobi games on MD. I honestly forget which, but it's not a pirate original.

Edit: Shinobi 3 - http://www.gamefaqs.com/genesis/586455-shinobi-iii-return-of-the-ninja-master/images/screen-19
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 04:43:09 AM by Barver »

Macaw

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 01:22:46 PM »
Hmm the sprites look like they don't come from any Shinobi game. They could be ripped from somewhere else, but doesn't look like its shinobi. High chance it uses the Shinobi engine though.

If the auction is still up can someone link to it?

nercati

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 09:18:46 PM »
Looking forward to this.
Resembles Strider, but cant recognise it.

Barver

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 11:41:52 PM »
Not much to look forward to, no one's bought it. I found the guy that sold the original auction, looks like he doesn't have it anymore. I still remember looking at his list and seeing stuff that's been up for years. This game used to be one of them. Guess someone else got curious.

Doubting it's a pirate original though.

pichichi010

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, 06:15:47 PM »
I was recently in ireland, and they had a bunch of Multicarts with regular MD releases, At least 4-5, it made me thing that they are legit releases?

Boxes looked exactly like the one pictured.

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 04:36:27 PM »
there were *some* legit multicarts released in Europe, the Mega Games series IIRC, and the grid design was used for PAL MD boxes (but it was copied by bootleggers too). like if they had all the proper Sega logos and licensing details on they were probably legit, if not they probably weren't.

nercati

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2014, 10:29:31 PM »
Tried to find this game and nothing. It could be a port from another system, console or arcade.
If you look in the screens, the first and last have a display and bars in the lower part. It seems a 2 player game.

peixemacaco

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2017, 09:12:35 PM »
Hi!

Before I`ve registered here, have found these great forum of related rom hacks, pirates and carts for MD and other systems, because, i`m a collector of those ... lol

And maybe 2 years I know this forum and this particular topic... Because of this game!!!

I was searching on internet at sometimes... :'(

Now , I fulfill my destiny!!! Lol...

Found it on a simple question that I`ve made it on Facebook`s MD Community and voila!!!

These images are from Might Morphin Power Rangers the Movie ....but.... for the Snes.
Because on MD some scenes doe`s not exist in game, they`re only for Snes... :angry:

But if this was a real MD Cart, maybe they put those stages on game or , I think that is this, they just printed out the Snes scenes at Cart back...

Solved mistery!

oops, you can see by yourself searching google images or at this site MMPRTM Screenshots

Salut,
Nelson :pandahappy: