Author Topic: MD Biohazard 3 - ROM  (Read 5719 times)

Azathoth

• View Profile
MD Biohazard 3 - ROM
« on: April 19, 2013, 11:38:36 PM »
Finally after years of speculation, we can all be equally disappointed! Unsure of the dumper, but our good friend is hosting it on his site.

BIOHAZARD 3: SARS WARS ROM link

This, SWM64, now what's left?

casperdj777

• View Profile
MD Biohazard 3 - ROM
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 04:45:21 AM »
that was posted a long time back on http://rufiles.narod.ru/page2.htm

Robyn

• View Profile
    • YouTube
MD Biohazard 3 - ROM
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 06:06:07 AM »
No, I don't remember it there before. I think he added it there recently. :X
http://web.archive.org/web/20121025083637/http://rufiles.narod.ru/page2.htm Some actual proof. :P
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 06:07:22 AM by Robbi »

KAGE-008

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Starlink3854
MD Biohazard 3 - ROM
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 03:46:20 PM »
So it was posted on October 25, 2012. Hmm...

Robyn

• View Profile
    • YouTube
MD Biohazard 3 - ROM
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 03:48:34 PM »
Lol no. :lol: I was just proving that it couldn't have been dumped 'a long time back' if it wasn't even there last year. ;)

KAGE-008

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Starlink3854
MD Biohazard 3 - ROM
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 03:50:45 PM »
Xanver
Apr 20 2013, 03:48:34 PM
Lol no. :lol: I was just proving that it couldn't have been dumped 'a long time back' if it wasn't even there last year. ;)[/quote]Then it's a new dump. Will try it after completing the second exam week.

Robyn

• View Profile
    • YouTube
MD Biohazard 3 - ROM
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2013, 04:12:56 PM »
Not really a new dump, I'm afraid. Pointed out by Azathoth in an older thread, it's actually a hack of Body Count, sadly. :(

Azathoth

• View Profile
MD Biohazard 3 - ROM
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2013, 10:35:49 AM »
I don't know if it was due to whatever method they used to dump it, or maybe the cart was like that originally, but all the header information on this is blanked out. While that's insignificant to most, if you're trying to play this on real hardware with some flash carts or copiers, it will not boot and may throw the system into SMS mode. Putting "SEGA MEGA DRIVE" in the header makes it work fine.

I doubt the original cart was like that. All of the Glorysun games I've bothered to look at never even had the name changed in the header, much less anything else. I did notice that they used a patched version of the Body Count ROM. It was a PAL only game with a region lockout if you tried to play it on NTSC hardware, but that isn't present in Biohazard 3. It's probably giving them too much credit to say they patched it themselves.

Has anyone played this to any extent? I had never even played the original version so I can't draw any conclusions. Is there anything at all new other than the Glorysun splash screen and Biohazard 3 title screen?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 10:36:39 AM by Azathoth »

casperdj777

• View Profile
MD Biohazard 3 - ROM
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2013, 03:04:00 PM »
ether way that game sucks! wish there were other pirated zombie game or homebrews or hacks for nes,snes,sega. someone should make a zombie hack of doom for sega.

Robyn

• View Profile
    • YouTube
MD Biohazard 3 - ROM
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2013, 05:10:42 PM »
What now? :\

brightentayle

• A Very Punchy
  • Cutting yourself is fun, as long as you're paper.
    • View Profile
MD Biohazard 3 - ROM
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2013, 11:08:18 AM »
casperdj777
Apr 23 2013, 03:04:00 PM
ether way that game sucks! wish there were other pirated zombie game or homebrews or hacks for nes,snes,sega. someone should make a zombie hack of doom for sega.[/quote]The entire game sucks because it's merely a romhack? Wow. Totally neat logic here.

Also, I don't recall Doom being ported on the unexpanded MD... The closest you can get to this experience right now is Wolfenstein, naturally.

Quote:

Not really a new dump, I'm afraid. Pointed out by Azathoth in an older thread, it's actually a hack of Body Count, sadly. :([/quote]
Keep in mind that this site was last updated in June 2012, that is, almost a year ago.

Quote:

What now? :\[/quote]
I guess there's no need for treating it like a "new dump" anymore then! Should I close the thread?

Robyn

• View Profile
    • YouTube
MD Biohazard 3 - ROM
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2013, 01:15:15 PM »
There's a 32X Doom, so I think he meant that. I said "What now? :\" because I don't understand why that's relevant.

I had no idea when it was last updated, I just saw that The Wayback Archive didn't have the game. I should've really said "nothing too interesting", but I would still look like a complete dick. >_<
Pff don't close the thread because of that. :( It's still a new dump.

casperdj777

• View Profile
MD Biohazard 3 - ROM
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2013, 03:05:34 PM »
I did not mean that the game sucks because its only a title screen hack,I mean it sucks because of game play.

I mean Doom 32X (E) [!].bin should be hacked to have zombies. I was also pointing out that there sadlly are not many zombie games for the old consoles.
Xanver :) yup .