Author Topic: I need help please  (Read 4350 times)

Picrodus

• View Profile
I need help please
« on: April 13, 2013, 10:04:12 PM »
Someone please help me.  :(  I've been working on a ruby version rom hack and when I try to send out the fire starter that I edited. But when I send it out the game freezes when the pokeball is in mid air and then starts the game over. I've tried numerous things but I can't fix it. So basically i'm just looking for advice or help on how to fix it. Thanks.  :unsure:
I think I'm just gonna take it down then.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 01:01:15 PM by Picrodus »

Barver

• View Profile
I need help please
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 01:14:50 PM »
Best to ask a forum for Pokemon hackers or anywhere where this program is in use. Don't think any of us hack that game here.

Robyn

• View Profile
    • YouTube
I need help please
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 04:36:01 PM »
Hey, I've done some Pokemon hacks in the past. What tools have you been using? :\

Picrodus

• View Profile
I need help please
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 05:00:16 PM »
I've been using UnLZ.gba, Advance map, Overworld editor RE. Also when I am in UNLZ.gba I see that my fire starter only has five place holders when there should be six. You know for the front and back sprite. Perhaps that could be the problem. But then again the grass and water starters both have six and don't overstep into or the fire placeholders. Well enough of my rambling. Though if you think you can help me fix it I'll repost the what I have done so far.
Oh and it's nothing game destroying. The only thing it will do is prevent me form using the fire starter.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 05:07:07 PM by Picrodus »

Robyn

• View Profile
    • YouTube
I need help please
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 11:46:15 AM »
Yeah, I don't know why that's happening, sorry. :(

Picrodus

• View Profile
I need help please
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 10:31:55 PM »
Now I have a new problem, I'm hacking Pokemon leaf green and I am trying to use a hacking program to replace Pokemon icons. It is called advanced Pokemon icon editor. But when I try to load the ROM into the program it says the ROM is not compatible with any files in the in is folder. I don't know how to fix this and I can't find and other programs. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Yoni Arousement

• View Profile
    • http://yonihq.blogspot.com
I need help please
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 08:43:18 AM »
Advanced Pokémon Icon Editor doesn't appear to come with an INI file for Sapphire or Leaf Green. At least you can see the icon graphics in Tile Layer Pro, but editing them that way would be a hassle.

Picrodus

• View Profile
I need help please
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 08:57:09 PM »
Thank you I guess I chose the wrong game to hack... Would you be willing to tell me the address to search in tile layer pro to find those graphics? Thank you.
Also is there any way to get an inis folder for leaf green? Because I've already put a lot of work into my hack... Thankyou
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 09:00:50 PM by Picrodus »

Yoni Arousement

• View Profile
    • http://yonihq.blogspot.com
I need help please
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2014, 09:11:07 AM »
I don't know how to make an INI file and find out all the offsets in order to make Leaf Green compatible with Advanced Pokémon Icon Editor. To locate the icons in Tile Layer Pro, Goto offset 00D30200 for Gen I Pokémon, 00D98C00 for Gen II Pokémon or 00DDD600 for Gen III Pokémon. I personally prefer playing the secondary Pokémon versions (i.e. Blue, Sapphire, Pearl) for some reason.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 09:11:36 AM by Yoni Arousement »

Picrodus

• View Profile
I need help please
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2014, 11:10:15 AM »
Haha. Me too about the secondary games. Lookss like I may have found a program that can hel me. Thanks so much for your help.