Author Topic: Complaint  (Read 3491 times)

fcgamer

• View Profile
Complaint
« on: February 26, 2013, 01:57:30 PM »
Qiezei
Feb 25 2013, 10:16:54 AM
Oh Jesus Christ come on.

(For reference for those who don't know, boxed Sachen games on Taiwanese sites normally don't go higher than 500-700 TWD, which is around $16 to $24.  Note that this is at most, as they're usually cheaper than that.)[/quote]Yay for mod editing!  Honestly, have you a problem with the idea that the going rate for these games is decided by what people are willing to pay for them?

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
Complaint
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 02:03:10 PM »
Well if you read the rules, you'd find this one:

Quote:

No scams. Seriously, don't over inflate the price like if you found something special. None of us on this forum are that stupid to buy a 100-in-1 that's at $500. (...or at least I hope)[/quote]

Your prices are massively overinflated as far as I'm concerned. Regardless of that being common in America, it's still scamming and it's against the rules.

fcgamer

• View Profile
Complaint
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 02:14:31 PM »
Awesome Panda
Feb 26 2013, 02:03:10 PM
Well if you read the rules, you'd find this one:

Quote:

No scams. Seriously, don't over inflate the price like if you found something special. None of us on this forum are that stupid to buy a 100-in-1 that's at $500. (...or at least I hope)[/quote]

Your prices are massively overinflated as far as I'm concerned. Regardless of that being common in America, it's still scamming and it's against the rules.[/quote]Dude, you are underestimating the value on these things, I am not the one overvaluing them.  

Qiezei keeps stating how they are only worth $16 - $20 or whatever.  Did you ever consider that perhaps he is wrong?  When was the last time he saw a boxed copy of Strategist for sale?  How much did it sell for?  Yeah, some of the common titles are probably worth around $16 - $25, but how can one honestly say that a hard-to-find title has the same value as a common one?  If Qiezei is willing to pay $16 a pop for rare Sachen titles, and I am willing to pay $50 a pop, what is the value of them?  Just saying.

Now for a little story.  I purchased a copy of the JY multicart (forget what number it is, but the one with Super Mario World on it) for $15.  To make a long story short, I could never get it to load up, but it seems to have been a manufacturing defect.  Anyway, because I got my copy for $15, does that mean that this is the value of the cart?  I could argue the exact same thing that Qiezei is trying to argue, that SMW is worth only $15 for Famicom since that is what I paid for my copy.  We all know, though, that it doesn't work that way and the game is easily worth $50 + .  This is not trying to be stupid or looking at things via the viewpoint of a man with deep pockets, it is just looking at the prices realistically.  Qiezei can point fingers and take God's name in vain and say all he wants, but at the end of the day, those are his opinions.  He is not the authority on prices of games, and if he can really get every Sachen game in the catalogue, boxed, for $15, I would love for him to hook me up so I can complete my collection.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Complaint
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 02:30:29 PM »
fcgamer
Feb 26 2013, 02:14:31 PM
Qiezei keeps stating how they are only worth $16 - $20 or whatever.  Did you ever consider that perhaps he is wrong?[/quote]I considered it, and then came to the conclusion that he's right. Call me one-sided, but I couldn't give a toss about your pricing games. If I wanted to waste $100 on a game, I wouldn't because I'm not a complete git.

fcgamer

• View Profile
Complaint
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 02:38:49 PM »
Awesome Panda
Feb 26 2013, 02:30:29 PM
fcgamer
Feb 26 2013, 02:14:31 PM
Qiezei keeps stating how they are only worth $16 - $20 or whatever.  Did you ever consider that perhaps he is wrong?[/quote]I considered it, and then came to the conclusion that he's right. Call me one-sided, but I couldn't give a toss about your pricing games. If I wanted to waste $100 on a game, I wouldn't because I'm not a complete git.[/quote]It ain't my pricing bro, it is games in general.  More collectors = higher prices.  I remember going into stores like Funcoland and Babbages years ago and purchasing a bag full of games for $20 or $25 USD (I guess you don't have those stores in Britain), but these days stuff like that just doesn't happen.  So yeah, it isn't about me pricing games, it is about the price of games in general.  

Also, just to throw it out there, why don't you ask Qiezei what he sold his copy of Honey Peach for, what price.  I am sure it was only for the $15 price he expects these games to sell for...

Finally, I find it funny that you tell me about breaking the rules ("overinflating" prices when the other guy was underquoting them), yet there isn't a rule against calling people out for being evil resellers and dicks, even when they aren't.  Speaking of which, do you even realize that an unreleased SNES game saw the light of day, inpart due to my efforts?  Free, no less.  Yeah, everyone's welcome for that one :)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 02:41:00 PM by fcgamer »

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Complaint
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 02:41:23 PM »
fcgamer
Feb 26 2013, 02:38:49 PM
Also, just to throw it out there, why don't you ask Qiezei what he sold his copy of Honey Peach for, what price.  I am sure it was only for the $15 price he expects these games to sell for...[/quote]Buyers on eBay are mostly brainless imbeciles. That's the only reason these games sell for extortionate amounts in the first place.

Pepper-98

• View Profile
    • http://www.twitter.com/Pepper9801
Complaint
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 02:45:52 PM »
I didn't set Honey Peach up at a high starting bid.  I don't do that with any of my Ebay stuff, and I almost never do it on here.  I think the highest I set something up was Zook Z, and it was during a rough time and I was thinking of taking it down anyway.  All of this has actually got me thinking of refunding part of the price to the guy.

fcgamer

• View Profile
Complaint
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 02:47:45 PM »
Awesome Panda
Feb 26 2013, 02:41:23 PM
fcgamer
Also, just to throw it out there, why don't you ask Qiezei what he sold his copy of Honey Peach for, what price.  I am sure it was only for the $15 price he expects these games to sell for...[/quote]Buyers on eBay are mostly brainless imbeciles. That's the only reason these games sell for extortionate amounts in the first place.[/quote]But if the game is truly only worth $15, he would have gladly sold the game for that price, not true?  Of course not, otherwise he would have.

You keep making these comments about stupid ebay buyers and whatnot, but what about all of the private sales of games over the course of the past few years?  SNES prices are on the rise, same with N64.  NES stuff has been up in price for the past, what, several years.  And then you talk about people inflating prices.  It is not that the prices are being inflated, it is that the market is growing and changing.

In addition, let's propose a scenario.  Qiezei is willing to pay $15 a pop for Sachen games; I am willing to pay $30 a pop for titles which I do not own.  Who does the seller sell the game to?  You can call me an idiot all you want for paying a few bucks more than him, in the above proposed situation, but the fact is that he will be waiting what, another 5 years to get the opportunity to purchase said game?  Also, why don't you ask Qiezei how much he sold the Somari box to Louis for?  I can imagine that it was a nice sum of cash, yet both were members of this forum ;)  Or are Somari boxes allowed to be inflated in price?

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Complaint
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 02:54:05 PM »
fcgamer
Feb 26 2013, 02:47:45 PM
Awesome Panda
fcgamer
Also, just to throw it out there, why don't you ask Qiezei what he sold his copy of Honey Peach for, what price.  I am sure it was only for the $15 price he expects these games to sell for...[/quote]Buyers on eBay are mostly brainless imbeciles. That's the only reason these games sell for extortionate amounts in the first place.[/quote]But if the game is truly only worth $15, he would have gladly sold the game for that price, not true?  Of course not, otherwise he would have.[/quote]No; as he said, he started the bidding at 99 cents so he would have been fine selling it for any price.

fcgamer

You can call me an idiot all you want[/quote]

Thanks for the permission. ;)

Pepper-98

• View Profile
Complaint
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 02:58:15 PM »
Louis proposed a price to me privately, I didn't plan on selling it in the first place.

I also just wanna apologize for all of this.  It shouldn't have gotten to this, and I hold myself personally responsible for part of it.

fcgamer

• View Profile
Complaint
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 02:58:25 PM »
Awesome Panda
Feb 26 2013, 02:54:05 PM
fcgamer
Feb 26 2013, 02:47:45 PM
Awesome Panda
fcgamer
Also, just to throw it out there, why don't you ask Qiezei what he sold his copy of Honey Peach for, what price.  I am sure it was only for the $15 price he expects these games to sell for...[/quote]Buyers on eBay are mostly brainless imbeciles. That's the only reason these games sell for extortionate amounts in the first place.[/quote]But if the game is truly only worth $15, he would have gladly sold the game for that price, not true?  Of course not, otherwise he would have.[/quote]No; as he said, he started the bidding at 99 cents so he would have been fine selling it for any price.

fcgamer

You can call me an idiot all you want[/quote]

Thanks for the permission. ;)[/quote]Yadda yadda, quoting out of context, so mature.  Also, why didn't Qiezei just list his item at a bin if he wanted to sell it for the "going rate" as he keeps talking about on here?  And the sad thing is, Honey Peach is one of the easier titles to find.  Hold on, let me select a random Sachen game real quick...

When was the last time anyone here saw a small box copy of Silver Eagle for sale?  How much did it end for? Please answer.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Complaint
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 03:00:54 PM »
I think by this point, you're the only one that cares. I'll stick to emulation if I want Sachen, not that I condone that sort of thing. :P

fcgamer

• View Profile
Complaint
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2013, 03:01:06 PM »
Qiezei
Feb 26 2013, 02:58:15 PM
Louis proposed a price to me privately, I didn't plan on selling it in the first place.

I also just wanna apologize for all of this.  It shouldn't have gotten to this, and I hold myself personally responsible for part of it.[/quote]Well it's funny that you weren't going to get rid of it, when you had it listed in a thread (I forget if it was listed as being for sale or for trade).  I would assume that this would mean the box was up for grabs, but by the time I messaged you about it, Louis had already sent you a message and got it.  Now maybe I am just thinking a bit too much here, but why make a thread about getting rid of the thing, if you were just gonna sell to Louis at his initial request?  Maybe that is what happened, it just seems a bit peculiar to me is all.

Pepper-98

• View Profile
Complaint
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2013, 03:06:21 PM »
I do remember putting the box up on Ebay as a joke because someone posted a cardboard tray for Earthbound for $200, and that someone on the forums pointed out the auction in the selling thread not knowing that it was me.  And Louis has contacted me before that about buying the thing off of me; I wasn't playing favorites if you or anybody's thinking of that.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Complaint
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2013, 03:06:32 PM »
If you want to complain to him about a sale, that's what the PM system is for.

Anyway, I think it's best if I close this thread before us lot ramble on some more.