Author Topic: Hummertek  (Read 2769 times)

brightentayle

• A Very Punchy
  • Cutting yourself is fun, as long as you're paper.
    • View Profile
Hummertek
« on: January 25, 2013, 08:53:11 AM »
While I'm attempting to take my first steps in Android coding, how about pre-planning a project which will be adored by all ye obscure gaming lovers?

The concept's codename (it will most likely be its' final name, too) is Hummertek, which aims at creating the most accurate ports or pastiches of H. Cheng's works ever. Discounting some of the "collector's features", such as avatar characters, music replacement menu, more complete versions of obviously unfinished games, "typo killer", "boobie censorship" and so on, and so on.

Because I can.  :pandaaway:

So far, I've got two ideas on how such a game should be done:
  • By making a collection of most of the older (which is, pre-VT) games by Hummer Team.
  • By using an approach similar to Game Center CX on Nintendo DS (otherwise known as Retro Game Challenge), where you get to play a multicart similar to Samuri or ZDog, but with a couple of faux-Hummer games (so far, I've thought of ports of Sonic 3 and a MegaDrive fighting game based on Lord of the Rings) and a separate beat 'em up game.
Suggestions are welcome.

While the game itself is still being under its' pre-development phase, there are also attempts at making music for the project, so YO CHECK DIS OUT!  :pandahappy:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 08:53:47 AM by Crash Nicker »

Robyn

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Hummertek
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 04:44:21 PM »
Wait I'm confused. :shock: Is this a new game (based off the Hummer's work) or a complation of remakes? :\
I'd like to see a game that simulates the feel of a Hummer game, having their mascot and all the characters in. :D

brightentayle

• A Very Punchy
    • View Profile
Hummertek
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 05:05:26 PM »
RobGBA
Jan 25 2013, 04:44:21 PM
Wait I'm confused. :shock: Is this a new game (based off the Hummer's work) or a complation of remakes? :\
I'd like to see a game that simulates the feel of a Hummer game, having their mascot and all the characters in. :D[/quote]The thing is, I still can't decide whether it's gonna be the first or the second. The second means that about 70% of stuff will be new, but the first means that most of the game are actually gonna be finished. Like, imagine Somari having Scrap Brain Zone and KoF96 having the original game's cast.

brightentayle

• A Very Punchy
    • View Profile
Hummertek
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 03:40:01 PM »
Okay, since neither Samuri nor ZDog were dumped yet, I guess I'll give a try on the first approach, just without having the complete feature/game list.