Author Topic: Gba Rockman & Crystal  (Read 6311 times)

Arshes91

• View Profile
Gba Rockman & Crystal
« on: October 23, 2012, 06:13:14 PM »
I was according again i rewatching the video gameplay only on youtube, i wish so much to play me too that bootleg game i know dumping the game as Copy Protection self plus i remember i posted here a Rom of the game but sadly is disapared since megaupload and naturaly prof is a bad dump.

all i know the dumping the bootlegs games are not simple as like the Retailers version.

I keep watching carefully in the site has Taizou's handled underground if try to do the gba but maybe not :(.

Barver

• View Profile
Gba Rockman & Crystal
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 06:20:04 PM »
There's not much that can be done but wait and see if anyone that knows how to dump and crack GBA copy protections happens to come upon the cart. I remember the only dump of the game came from someone who posted it on the Lost Levels forum, and it had a lot of mirrored data, possibly indicating a bad dump, as you pointed out it was. Then again, maybe that was part of the protection scheme, I wouldn't know. Sadly unless someone finds a known GBA dumper/cracker and sends their cart to them, I doubt this will ever be dumped since those guys aren't likely to be actively looking for pirates like this.

I think taizou owns a copy(which I'd love to own if you ever sell it lol). Besides him I know of no one else that owns a copy of it today, though.

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
Gba Rockman & Crystal
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 07:53:48 PM »
yeah, I own it (the Chinese version) and I've tried dumping it but I get the same result as the guy on Lost Levels. just, like, 32kb of data (or thereabouts) repeated over and over, which is pretty much useless.

Robyn

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Gba Rockman & Crystal
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 05:46:43 AM »
Arshes91, where's the bad dump? Can you re-upload it if you still have it? :)
I could try to dissassemble it and get something, but it's likely I won't be successful.
Or we can get in touch with some GBA sceners (MODE7, Rapid Fire, ect) and they could try if they still care of the GBA.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 06:05:13 AM by Robbi »

Arshes91

• View Profile
Gba Rockman & Crystal
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 08:14:18 AM »
RobGBA
Oct 24 2012, 05:46:43 AM
Arshes91, where's the bad dump? Can you re-upload it if you still have it? :)
I could try to dissassemble it and get something, but it's likely I won't be successful.
Or we can get in touch with some GBA sceners (MODE7, Rapid Fire, ect) and they could try if they still care of the GBA.[/quote]Sadly i dont have it anymore that bad dump.

Pepper-98

• View Profile
    • http://www.twitter.com/Pepper9801
Gba Rockman & Crystal
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 08:25:34 AM »
Oh, I think I have the bad dump on my computer.  At least, that's what I think the "DUMP" and "ROCKMAN_200331" GBA files are.  I can upload them for you at Mediafire.

Edit: Yup, those two are the dumps.
Here's the link for the bad dumps if anybody wants them.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 09:16:40 AM by Pepper-98 »

Arshes91

• View Profile
Gba Rockman & Crystal
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 02:33:10 PM »
Qiezei
Oct 28 2012, 08:25:34 AM
Oh, I think I have the bad dump on my computer.  At least, that's what I think the "DUMP" and "ROCKMAN_200331" GBA files are.  I can upload them for you at Mediafire.

Edit: Yup, those two are the dumps.
Here's the link for the bad dumps if anybody wants them.[/quote] :lol:  Thank for recover the bad Roms. Im glad these are sourvived at last in share. I Hope There Way To Fix These roms somehow

Robyn

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Gba Rockman & Crystal
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 02:44:04 PM »
Wow thanks, glad somebody kept it!

I've been looking through the rom (I found Rockman 2003 as the header fyi) and.. I found the most OBSCUREST string of text:
"Divide by zero.."

It's line 08528D40 in the rom (at least it is in VBA)

Is this some kind of engrish boss text uncompressed? Is this some kind of copy protection fix? Is this some kind of Vast Fame name? I don't know. Figure this out for yourself.

Hoping it's something interesting!
Oh yeah also there's a CV4 a couple lines after. Version 4?

"This code can only be run on a Thumb compatible processor" Oooh Thumb compatible? Maybe this is their SDK?

"ABEX....Return code too large" What?!

"No Stack for Trap Handler" Huh?

"Recursive Trap" What's that supposed to mean?

HERE'S THE BEST PART!

"Unknown Error......Branch Through Zero....Undefined Instruction......Undefined SWI Instruction........Prefetch Abort.......Data Abort.......Address Exception.......Unhandled Interupt.....Unhandled Fast Interupt"
There's more hold on..

:lol: Crazy stuff in the ROMs, huh?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 02:56:42 PM by Robbi »

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Gba Rockman & Crystal
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 11:52:18 PM »
...Yeah, that's all debugging text that got stuck there by their compiler. I guess they must've run the compiler in debug mode, and never bothered to strip all the debugging stuff from the binary before putting it on the cart.

Arshes91

• View Profile
Gba Rockman & Crystal
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2012, 05:04:23 PM »
RobGBA
Oct 29 2012, 02:44:04 PM
Wow thanks, glad somebody kept it!

I've been looking through the rom (I found Rockman 2003 as the header fyi) and.. I found the most OBSCUREST string of text:
"Divide by zero.."

It's line 08528D40 in the rom (at least it is in VBA)

Is this some kind of engrish boss text uncompressed? Is this some kind of copy protection fix? Is this some kind of Vast Fame name? I don't know. Figure this out for yourself.

Hoping it's something interesting!
Oh yeah also there's a CV4 a couple lines after. Version 4?

"This code can only be run on a Thumb compatible processor" Oooh Thumb compatible? Maybe this is their SDK?

"ABEX....Return code too large" What?!

"No Stack for Trap Handler" Huh?

"Recursive Trap" What's that supposed to mean?

HERE'S THE BEST PART!

"Unknown Error......Branch Through Zero....Undefined Instruction......Undefined SWI Instruction........Prefetch Abort.......Data Abort.......Address Exception.......Unhandled Interupt.....Unhandled Fast Interupt"
There's more hold on..

:lol: Crazy stuff in the ROMs, huh?[/quote]so what does mean in the last point form the hex.

Is Completly Protected and unplayable?

Robyn

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Gba Rockman & Crystal
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2012, 05:12:35 PM »
It's just text from their compiler showing the errors. :(

Arshes91

• View Profile
Gba Rockman & Crystal
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2012, 05:40:06 PM »
RobGBA
Oct 30 2012, 05:12:35 PM
It's just text from their compiler showing the errors. :([/quote]I testing with No$gba Debugger Version to view where is te problem that is cant playable the Text i found in there:

CPU bad operation: Undefined Opcode

It show me a lot of FFFFF Hex code start at 77880800

im not good as hacker but probaly this it help and there can possible to edit trought Hex Editor Programm and fix in the way
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 05:44:52 PM by Arshes91 »

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
Gba Rockman & Crystal
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2012, 06:57:45 PM »
its not a complete dump anyway, you could be the best hacker in the world but you can't just pull the rest of the game out of nowhere.

Arshes91

• View Profile
Gba Rockman & Crystal
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2012, 06:07:06 AM »
well im learning a bit those stuff trought to hex codes.

RobGBA you tryed to dissamble the rom?

Robyn

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Gba Rockman & Crystal
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2012, 12:13:54 PM »
I honestly had no luck with it. :P