Author Topic: RoLRiffs  (Read 6034 times)

Ray of Lightning

• View Profile
RoLRiffs
« on: September 07, 2012, 01:21:07 PM »

Honestly, I don't think this would fit the guidelines of the Pirated Game Reviews section so I'm posting it here instead. If it's better off there then by all means go ahead and move it, oh mods and admin blokes, and I'm sorry in advance for the mistake.

Anyways, as you see above, this is a double feature of both Harry Potter and Harry Potter 3 for the GBC. This came about after several years of urging from old friends and new friends alike to leap back into the reviewing saddle, if it could be called that. But yes, once even SpaceNinja pitched in and kept egging me on to make at least one more vid, I figured I'd indulge everyone and give it a bash.

Two days of hard, frustrating work later, I figured out a way to do it. A method, complete with rules.

- 10 minutes to each recording.
- Run out of lives? End the recording.
- Narrate live, it prevents hesitation.

In short, as Space put it to me, I'm lazy. :D

Anyways, tell me all what you think and I hope this entertains you all. :D
Also, suggestions are moooore then welcome.

Well, seeing as how I actually put up the topic anyway, instead of letting it waste space in the forum, I think it'll be a good idea to change it's name and use it to put up each video, now dubbed a 'riff' over a review.

So yes, this time I took a bash at a couple of Zelda pirates, mostly to just mess with a friend who's an absolute fan. Not much more to say that the video can't say for itself. Except that I tried something new this time and tried cutting out the dead air. I don't think I'll be doing that too much in the future though. It was a little tedious and I might've gone a bit overboard. But give me some thoughts if you have 'em.  :D

Thanks for reading/watching/bearing with me!  :yay:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 09:32:34 AM by Ray of Lightning »

Ray of Lightning

• View Profile
RoLRiffs
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 12:43:42 PM »

Once more for luck and then I think I'll stop posting these up on here, I'd hate to pagestretch.  >_>

At this point, I've hit my stride and there's not much more to say then that, my friends. What fun. :D

EDIT: Oh wow, it started a new post. I was expecting it to just keep adding onto my previous one. x3
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 12:44:55 PM by Ray of Lightning »

Ray of Lightning

• View Profile
RoLRiffs
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 05:38:27 PM »

And that's it, gentlegamers, for what could be considered the first season. And now, I must request this thread be locked. It hasn't got any purpose to be constantly bumped all the time anymore and it'll always be here to serve it's purpose.

For those who've watched so far, thank you. :)
For those who I might've annoyed a little by opening this thread in the first place, I'm really very sorry.
And for those who didn't really care, keep on rocking! :D

KAGE-008

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Starlink3854
RoLRiffs
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 07:17:28 PM »
So... Will the 2nd season be probably released next year? ;)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 07:43:27 PM by KAGE-008 »

Ray of Lightning

• View Profile
RoLRiffs
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 03:24:01 AM »
KAGE-008
Sep 13 2012, 07:17:28 PM
So... Will the 2nd season be probably released next year? ;)[/quote]Naaahh. Give it a week or two. xD
I just need a bit of a break to build up some ideas and tweak things a little behind the scenes. :3

Glad someone's enjoying 'em though. :D

Robyn

• View Profile
    • YouTube
RoLRiffs
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 10:13:36 AM »
Ray of Lightning
Sep 14 2012, 03:24:01 AM
Glad someone's enjoying 'em though. :D[/quote]Damn it I enjoy them! :D
And not because my animation got in your review, but because you are a pro for a newb (does that made sense?)
And sooner or later, your vids will be ALOT popular. :)
Just make the Season 2, plz!  >;)

Ray of Lightning

• View Profile
RoLRiffs
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 11:17:45 AM »
RobGBA
Sep 14 2012, 10:13:36 AM
Damn it I enjoy them! :D
And not because my animation got in your review, but because you are a pro for a newb (does that made sense?)
And sooner or later, your vids will be ALOT popular. :)
Just make the Season 2, plz!  >;) [/quote]Yup, that made sense to me.  ^_^
And thanks! I'll be working on 'em pretty soon.  :thumb:

Ray of Lightning

• View Profile
RoLRiffs
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, 04:24:46 PM »

After a somewhat laboured and stressful production period in which I tried to implement many ideas that were waaaaaay above my ability to perform, I finally decided to do what I did best for 10 or so minutes: talk about shit! And balls, mighty blue bawls.

And yeh, naff it, I'll keep posting these here. Might as well. xD
Hope you guys enjoy! :D

Ray of Lightning

• View Profile
RoLRiffs
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 03:07:34 PM »

A day late, thanks to some re-recording I wanted to do, but either way we now see me dive deep into some pretty messed up shit.

Srsly.

BTW, suggestions are alwaaaaays welcome. ^^
I'll be sure to put that in future credits. =3

Ray of Lightning

• View Profile
RoLRiffs
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2012, 12:07:50 PM »

A week late and complete with fresh audio issues because I wanted to give you something better, I bring you a couple of riffs on some brand spanking new bootleg ROMs. =D

Points for effort, I suppose. =3

Ray of Lightning

• View Profile
RoLRiffs
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2012, 03:28:10 PM »

Hot on the heels of the last riff (due to me trying to make up for lots o' lost time), I bring ye some more GBC bootleg goodness...hopefully with more pleasing audio this time around. =D

Ray of Lightning

• View Profile
RoLRiffs
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2012, 02:22:08 PM »

Join Catrat, Blue Thong Guy and Sunburn Woman for a epic adventure into butchered ports and possible iceberg bosses!

Picrodus

• View Profile
RoLRiffs
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2012, 07:00:39 PM »
Your mission should you choose to accept it: Dude you should do a play through of Digimon 6. If you are taking suggestions that is. You can find the rom in the digimon 6 topic in the gameboy section if your up for the games crappyness that is.  :P
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 12:42:09 AM by Picrodus »

Ray of Lightning

• View Profile
RoLRiffs
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2012, 01:37:33 PM »
Picrodus
Oct 2 2012, 07:00:39 PM
Your mission should you choose to accept it: Dude you should do a play through of Digimon 6. If you are taking suggestions that is. You can find the rom in the digimon 6 topic in the gameboy section if your up for the games crappyness that is.  :P [/quote]Sorry, dude. Not only have I frozen requests, but that game is complete and utter balls. It totally wouldn't be fun to riff on. Sorry. D=
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 01:38:56 PM by Ray of Lightning »

Robyn

• View Profile
    • YouTube
RoLRiffs
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2012, 05:32:38 PM »
Oh ray any luck on Pokemon Stadium?