Author Topic: Another newbie sends salutations  (Read 3663 times)

Ray of Lightning

• View Profile
Another newbie sends salutations
« on: August 28, 2012, 12:04:48 PM »
Hey there all, RayOfLightning here.

There's not much to say about myself really except that I've been lurking around for awhile, about a month or two when my interest in unlicensed gaming peaked again (I've been into it since about 2008).

I can't really contribute too much, I haven't got a lot of money so I can't buy actual cartridges and the like. Hell, I can't even afford the actual consoles, don't even have the space. I'm not exactly a master hacker either. I'm just here so that when a new dump comes up I can actually say thank you, share my thoughts and maybe post a video, who knows?

So yeah, that's pretty much all you need to know about me off the bat, it's good to be here. :somari:

PS. Gotta say, a Somari emote? Niiiice.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 12:18:23 PM by Ray of Lightning »

Pepper-98

• View Profile
    • http://www.twitter.com/Pepper9801
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 06:47:31 PM »
Well, not everybody here is exactly rich, and I know squat about programming.  :P  Anyway, welcome to the forum!

(By the way, we also got awesome panda emotes.  Hell yeah pandas!  :pandahappy: )

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 07:16:12 PM »
Welcome to the forum. ;)

KAGE-008

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Starlink3854
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 08:11:46 PM »
RayOfLightning
Aug 28 2012, 12:04:48 PM
I can't really contribute too much, I haven't got a lot of money so I can't buy actual cartridges and the like. Hell, I can't even afford the actual consoles, don't even have the space. I'm not exactly a master hacker either. I'm just here so that when a new dump comes up I can actually say thank you, share my thoughts and maybe post a video, who knows?[/quote]Well if you want to post a footage of a new dump, you must have a YT account. If you already have one, post it on your signature and the rest of this forum (including me) will check it out!

Back on topic: Welcome aboard. Enjoy your stay here  :)

Ray of Lightning

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 02:03:43 AM »
Watari
Aug 28 2012, 06:47:31 PM
Well, not everybody here is exactly rich, and I know squat about programming.  :P  Anyway, welcome to the forum!

(By the way, we also got awesome panda emotes.  Hell yeah pandas!  :pandahappy: )[/quote]
Cheers! And hell yeh, pandas! :pandaaway: Though I see you've JY too, amongst the others it looks like a none-too-pleased eldritch abomination. Though that might be just meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee--- :JY:  :JY:  :JY:

Awesome Panda
Aug 28 2012, 07:16:12 PM
Welcome to the forum. ;)[/quote]
Thanks for the welcome! :D We used to know each other a long time ago, Cheetah. :P
Spoiler: click to toggle

KAGE-008
Aug 28 2012, 08:11:46 PM
Well if you want to post a footage of a new dump, you must have a YT account. If you already have one, post it on your signature and the rest of this forum (including me) will check it out!

Back on topic: Welcome aboard. Enjoy your stay here  :) [/quote]
Thanks! And don't worry, I know how this business works, I'm just not really too keen and putting a link to my YT in my signature till something's really on there.

Thaaat and I'm having some trouble recording The Lion King Legeng. Can't seem to get it to record in Nestopia. When I try to render it goes all nutty in the third level, might have to go the old fashioned route and use HyperCam2. Recording is a stressful buisness for me. O.o

But then again, I might be horribly lazy. :D
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 02:06:56 AM by Ray of Lightning »

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 05:33:59 AM »
RayOfLightning
Aug 29 2012, 02:03:43 AM

Awesome Panda
Aug 28 2012, 07:16:12 PM
Welcome to the forum. ;)[/quote]
Thanks for the welcome! :D We used to know each other a long time ago, Cheetah. :P
Spoiler: click to toggle

[/quote]Oh, in that case it's good to see you again. :pandahappy:

Also, are you still doing videos?

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 06:28:22 AM »
welcome to the forum! :D

Ray of Lightning

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 07:29:47 AM »
Awesome Panda
Aug 29 2012, 05:33:59 AM
Awesome Panda

Oh, in that case it's good to see you again. :pandahappy:

Also, are you still doing videos?[/quote]Ditto to you too, man. :P And as I mentioned to KAGE, I'm trying but either I've just gotten incredibly lazy or getting the footage has gotten alot harder as I've gotten older. So, in short, I'm definitely trying to make some videos.

In fact, I'd say that I drive myself a little crazy with my constant attempts to do so. :pandamad:  :faint:
taizou
Aug 29 2012, 06:28:22 AM
welcome to the forum! :D[/quote]Thanks for the warm welcome!  :lol:  

To be honest, I was actually kinda nervous about this, I was never really the forum type but when you want to find people with similar interests what can ya do but push yourself that little bit further.  :)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 07:31:17 AM by Ray of Lightning »

Ninja-Kun

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 09:05:11 AM »
Hi Ray :) Welcome :>

KAGE-008

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Starlink3854
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2012, 09:31:03 AM »
RayOfLightning
Aug 29 2012, 07:29:47 AM
Ditto to you too, man. :P And as I mentioned to KAGE, I'm trying but either I've just gotten incredibly lazy or getting the footage has gotten alot harder as I've gotten older. So, in short, I'm definitely trying to make some videos. [/quote]For NES games you should use FCEUX. For SNES games, Snes9x. For GB/GBC games, VBA (VBA-M for Win7 users). These emus have internal AVI recorder. However, in order to upload them, the videos must be rendered as WMV or MP4 files.

Ray of Lightning

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 02:52:14 AM »
Ninja-Kun
Aug 29 2012, 09:05:11 AM
Hi Ray :) Welcome :>[/quote]I know there's only so many times I can say it, but I'll do it anyway (at least one last time, I think you all get the idea now  :pandaaway: )! Cheers! :D
KAGE-008
Aug 29 2012, 09:31:03 AM
RayOfLightning
Aug 29 2012, 07:29:47 AM
Ditto to you too, man. :P And as I mentioned to KAGE, I'm trying but either I've just gotten incredibly lazy or getting the footage has gotten alot harder as I've gotten older. So, in short, I'm definitely trying to make some videos. [/quote]For NES games you should use FCEUX. For SNES games, Snes9x. For GB/GBC games, VBA (VBA-M for Win7 users). These emus have internal AVI recorder. However, in order to upload them, the videos must be rendered as WMV or MP4 files.[/quote]All VERY good suggestions, and I'll give 'em all a shot sometime. :) Thanks, man!  :pandahappy:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 02:58:05 AM by Ray of Lightning »

Moneyspider_Todd

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2012, 01:54:50 PM »
Welcome!

(i hope was not too late) XD
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 01:55:34 PM by Moneyspider_Todd »

Ray of Lightning

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2012, 04:21:10 AM »
Moneyspider_Todd
Oct 11 2012, 01:54:50 PM
Welcome!

(i hope was not too late) XD[/quote]A bit late to the party but the welcome is appreciated regardless! Thanks! =P