Author Topic: Strange systems that support gba games?  (Read 3617 times)

Azathoth

• View Profile
Strange systems that support gba games?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 10:37:50 PM »
First one only supports ROMs through emulation, the other two are Famicom and Mega Drive clones.

DX carries a GBA and GBA SP clone, both use emulation and are a bit crap but will work with some real carts. I bought the SP clone called Gamebox Advance a while ago, it's ok to experiment with but not a real substitute for a GBA (or GBA Micro or DS). I did a comparison of it with my GBA for a forum that eludes me right now.

There's also a set top box that runs the same software but with a slightly more powerful hardware variation so the GBA/CPS1/N-G emulation is a bit better, and it also has a GBA cart slot. I think it was called the V-Box or something.

All of those GBA clones have trouble running games with 3D and also wipe your save games if you use an actual cartridge.

Picrodus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 12:19:03 AM »
Hey Azathoth was this the kind of system you were talking about? http://m.dealextreme.com/p/3-lcd-gamebox-advance-handheld-game-console-mp3-mp4-multimedia-player-w-tv-output-tf-black-2gb-81511 oh and what about this other thing. It says in the description that it can run gbc games. Whatta ya think.  :huh: http://m.dealextreme.com/p/onestation-mini-emulator-console-green-1-game-1049
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 12:24:32 AM by Picrodus »

Azathoth

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 03:25:35 AM »
The first link is the handheld clone I own.

I don't think the 2nd link supports GBC games, if it does it requires an adapter I've never seen. The Onestation is an odd duck; the console is just a screen and controls and the carts themselves contain the NES/Famicom ROMs + NOAC. You can get an adapter to play MD games but they're the same deal (ROMs bundled on a proprietary cart).

Picrodus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 04:34:04 PM »
The NBS lite   :lol:  But anyways does anyone know if this one works with gba or gbc games because it looks like it but I can't tell.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 04:35:00 PM by Picrodus »

Robyn

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 05:31:47 PM »
I think it's a Famiclone. >_>

Azathoth

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 08:09:34 PM »
They offer that same system both as a Famiclone and Sega MD clone, not quite sure what that one is but it's one or the other.

GameCheater803

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 02:54:30 PM »
As far as I know, the GameBox console supports GBA games.