Author Topic: The Dragon / Chu Da D music reuse  (Read 7487 times)

MLX

• View Profile
The Dragon / Chu Da D music reuse
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2010, 02:11:53 PM »
Panda Prince jumping is faster but harder to get the charcater to land where we want. While in both Mickey and SKD2, it's easier.

Also if I calculate the submit year of MM7 and SDK, then Yang didn't do much stuff during a long time.
MM7 was submitted in May 1996 while SDK was sent during late December 1996. SDK wouldn't have taken that much time to develop since it use an already done engine and there are 5 levels less than MM7.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2010, 02:58:53 PM »
taizou
Oct 29 2010, 11:50:28 AM
& Lee Dan Fai was the president of Taiwan. :D its an alternate romanisation of Lee Teng-hui apparently.[/quote]Yeah, but there's nothing to say that he didn't have the same name. I'm assuming either it's a jab at the Taiwanese government or he happens to have the same name.

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2010, 12:45:44 PM »
I just discovered that the music in Sachen's "Street Rider" for GB is credited to a "Wang Yuen Lii", according to the GBS rip. Which I'm guessing is probably an alternate romanization of Wang Yue-Li... and which further suggests that this is probably the same person as Amadeus Wang, or at the very least, had a Sachen connection.

Edit: OK, definitely the same guy-- the GBS is a typo. It's spelled as "Wang Yueh Lii" in the ROM.
Interestingly, Ma Shyh-Dwo is credited as "artist" in this game. And the "scheme" is credited to someone known only as "LC" (LC Tchacvosky?). Does this mean the two Sachen dev teams worked together while Sachen was still Commin, perhaps?
Looking at various Sachen games, I notice that Amadeus sometimes has a middle initial of "Y" (as in "yue") and sometimes of "L" (as in "li"). Gotta be the same guy...
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 01:15:02 PM by codeman38 »

MLX

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2010, 01:28:28 PM »
Quote:

Interestingly, Ma Shyh-Dwo is credited as "artist" in this game. And the "scheme" is credited to someone known only as "LC" (LC Tchacvosky?). Does this mean the two Sachen dev teams worked together while Sachen was still Commin, perhaps?[/quote]
Maybe they were working together for Game Boy stuff. Commin could be the name of that team.