Author Topic: Street Fighter III  (Read 3614 times)

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Street Fighter III
« on: September 19, 2010, 06:29:05 PM »
Street Fighter III is a pretty good port of SFII with a totally different engine that hasn't been reused. Now SFIII has used a ton of stuff from other games but this lacks a copyright. Now here's what I gathered so far:

-As we all probably know, SFIII uses graphics straight from Master Fighter VI' but with the Yoko's removed and the sprites for the fighters are somewhat shorter. There's leftovers from Yoko's SFII titlescreen in the ROM as well.
-Ryu's and Chun-Li's portraits from Street Blaster II Pro almost match up. Some details are different here and there but I highly doubt it was a coincidence.
-The portraits in SFIII match up exactly with the ones in SFV (20 Peoples) with the exception of Balrog's/Vega's (which is totally different)

This also makes me wonder if Cony Soft's games were published under Ge De seeing how their cartridge art is original (one of their carts uses the MFVI' art) and that SFIII only used stuff from those two companies.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 06:29:19 PM by KingPepe »

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
Street Fighter III
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 06:46:18 PM »
Personally, I'd hazard a guess and say that it was probably made by some other company we haven't heard of before. One thing's for sure though, they had some decent artists considering the character sprites and Chun Li's stage. BTW, the map on the character select screen still has the typos from Master Fighter VI'. (like "Jupan", for example)

brightentayle

• A Very Punchy
  • Cutting yourself is fun, as long as you're paper.
    • View Profile
Street Fighter III
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 12:19:47 PM »
Well, direct rip, what can I say.

MLX

• View Profile
Street Fighter III
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 02:02:16 PM »
World Hero (re)use the same engine.
The cartridge using the MFVI' art is jsut Street Figiters with 60 people. There's another version were the Master Fighter VI' text is removed by some brown looking color and on it there is Street Fighter text. with poor colors which means it is a picture of the label or a scan.
Jack YEH may be for something here. He was *probably* working with Someri until Cony was created (1993, same year as MF6), he may have took some graphics and stuff when he left Someri Team.
Or even before he joined Cony, he could have made 2 games, World Hero and Super Fighter 3.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 02:03:59 PM by MLX »