Author Topic: Angry Birds ported to Genesis  (Read 4276 times)

Barver

• View Profile
Angry Birds ported to Genesis
« on: July 08, 2012, 12:01:52 AM »
Thought this might interest people, coincidence that a Famicom port came to light today. A guy from China made a homebrew port of Angry Birds for MD and posted it to the SpritesMind dev community. Here's a rom link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?eai2slzg65j6lk2

And the original topic:

http://gendev.spritesmind.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1167

You can bet Russian piraters are gonna have this on cart soon enough  :lol: Anyway, I've never played Angry Birds myself until this but I saw people mention how the physics aren't all there so I guess it's not perfect, but it looks pretty damn good for what it is already IMO.

brightentayle

• A Very Punchy
  • Cutting yourself is fun, as long as you're paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 04:21:53 PM »
Barver
Jul 8 2012, 12:01:52 AM
You can bet Russian piraters are gonna have this on cart soon enough  :lol: Anyway, I've never played Angry Birds myself until this but I saw people mention how the physics aren't all there so I guess it's not perfect, but it looks pretty damn good for what it is already IMO.[/quote]Ooh yeah, they might even use this in its' unfinished state (it was not the only case, since we have Beyond Zero Tolerance and Chaos Engine 2 which never were officially released (if you forget the first one was officially released as a ROM)), never mind they didn't come across the never finished port of The Neverhood.

And yeah, the physics aren't accurate, so are the sounds. Well, one sound, to say the least: every bird gets launched like the white birds do. And it will take hell a lot of time to actually kill that one damn pig, but there's still a lot of room to improve on, seeing it's only a test...
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 04:24:54 PM by Crash Nicker »

ARProductions

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/ARProductions2010
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 02:25:21 AM »
I downloaded the ROM, haven't played it, but watched the video and wow....wow...wow

Azathoth

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 11:53:05 AM »
Pirated carts already popping up, that didn't take long

brightentayle

• A Very Punchy
  • Cutting yourself is fun, as long as you're paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 03:19:30 PM »
This was supposed to be in the Plants VS Zombies thread, but I guess it fits here better.

So, guess what. The Russian pirateers decided to sell the whole thing not just a demoversion, but as a game with a complete level set! Not sure where did the source code go, but I guess it went void with the zhengyaxin_8bit's site. Chinese free site hostings are shit, me tells ya.

Proof, with some additional proof on that it IS Zheng's game and on ridiculous prices of the cartridge anywhere outside Russia, all brought to you by The Greedy Gamer. In the language most of you don't know, of course.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 03:19:51 PM by Crash Nicker »