Author Topic: Chinese Version of V.Fame's Pokemon Ruby  (Read 2593 times)

Pepper-98

• View Profile
    • http://www.twitter.com/Pepper9801
Chinese Version of V.Fame's Pokemon Ruby
« on: June 18, 2012, 04:11:27 PM »
I just got the Chinese version of Pokemon Ruby (the Vast Fame title based off of Digimon Pocket) and it's actually different from the Engrish version that WhiteLionness and Myself have.  For one thing, it has Shi Kong Xing Shou's music!  Not entirely, as there's still at least one track from Digimon Pocket, but most of what I've heard is from Shi Kong.  Not only that, but two tracks (Unsettling Place and the Title Theme from the MP3 rip I never finished...Ahem) have a drum track/noise channel enabled on them, much like the second battle theme from San Guo Zhi and track 23 in the Soul Falchion GBS rip.  As far as gameplay, it's pretty much the same, but you start off with certain Pokemon switched out (Caterpie is replaced with Pichu, and Spearow is replaced with Igglybuff.)  Also, the final area is unaccessable until you clear all the other towns first, unlike in the Engrish version where you can tackle the final boss right from the start.  Lastly, some of the attacks have new animations that use attack sprites from Pokemon Gold & Silver, which is absent in Pokemon Ruby.

The reason for the New Game thing in the topic subtitle is that I've noticed a trend with New Game's stuff, namely the Vast Fame games they published (not so much the Sintax stuff, as I haven't noticed anything really different from the bit of Pokemon Sapphire and whatever else they released of their's that I've seen.)  They all seem to have a different soundtrack from the original release (Digimon 3 Crystal has Shui Hu Shen Shou music, Pokemon Ruby has nothing but Digimon Pocket music) and I'm starting to wonder if the soundtrack from the Chinese release of Digimon Saphire GBC is different judging by the previous two; it might possibly the exact same as Sheng Shou Wu Yu, seeing as it shares music from that (and is based off of that) and has Crazy Richman 2 music mixed in.  The other thing is that their releases seem to have some debug/test features still enabled; the aforementioned final boss thing from Pokemon Ruby, the oddball team from Digimon Ruby that features three Lv99 monsters, a Lv50 monster, and two or three starters right at the start, and I suspect with Digimon Saphire that they might have either made your Digimon much stronger or nerfed the enemies, as the game's far easier than Sheng Shou Wu Yu is.  For bonus points, I've noticed that the Chinese intro dialogue, while mostly the same, is still a bit different in Digimon 3 Crystal than in Digimon Ruby as the player starts talking first in Ruby rather than the partner Digimon (though the different text might be due to very sloppy translation.  Keep in mind this is the same translation team that brought us "Bamboo Hobby Horse" and "I can do not to ever remember so of matter.")

I'll update this thread with video footage will I'll try with the best of my power to record and upload tomorrow if not tonight.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 05:33:32 PM by Pepper-98 »

Pepper-98

• View Profile
    • http://www.twitter.com/Pepper9801
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 01:31:18 PM »
Videos finally up!  Here is some gameplay footage and here's the ending for the hell of it.

Chowdit1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 10:54:15 PM »
With these not to be confused with Yong Yong's games. LOL! :D