Author Topic: The "Super 29 In 1" GBA Multicart  (Read 7289 times)

tpgb12

• View Profile
The "Super 29 In 1" GBA Multicart
« on: June 12, 2012, 05:22:43 PM »
Hello fellow panda's :P . This is just another GBA multicart of mine, but this one has GB & GBC games on it. If you are wondering why the ID numbers are random right now, that is because I am working on another GBA (nes) multicart that has the "BC-006" label, and I also made some seperate GBA roms that use Pocketnes that I have not uploaded yet  :) .

Download Link :

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?qwss427ratxohcm
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 05:27:16 PM by tpgb12 »

brightentayle

• A Very Punchy
  • Cutting yourself is fun, as long as you're paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 05:12:10 AM »
Downloaded, will give it a shot later on! ;)

Robyn

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 11:32:00 AM »
Just not to get you into deep s***, try not to add licensed games, otherwise you could, y'know. :(

Pepper-98

• View Profile
    • http://www.twitter.com/Pepper9801
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 11:58:19 AM »
RobGBA
Jun 15 2012, 11:32:00 AM
Just not to get you into deep s***, try not to add licensed games, otherwise you could, y'know. :([/quote]I personally don't think it would matter much.  I mean, it's not like companies approve of ROM distribution in the first place.  I know some games have ESA Protection, but people still share those games with others.

On topic, I gotta say you have an interesting selection of games on here.  multicart Sachen games, a Cardcaptor Sakura party game...Any reason for the selection?  It's just a rather oddball choice of games in my opinion.

iniche

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 12:33:52 PM »
RobGBA
Jun 15 2012, 11:32:00 AM
Just not to get you into deep s***, try not to add licensed games, otherwise you could, y'know. :([/quote]Sorry, buddy. The distribution of ROM's, official or pirated, is not legal. Since we're already doing one here, it's not any safer than doing both.

tpgb12

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2012, 12:35:14 PM »
I picked Cardcaptors because I like the anime. But the others, I just picked at random.  :P

brightentayle

• A Very Punchy
  • Cutting yourself is fun, as long as you're paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 02:50:20 AM »
iniche
Jun 15 2012, 12:33:52 PM
Sorry, buddy. The distribution of ROM's, official or pirated, is not legal. Since we're already doing one here, it's not any safer than doing both.[/quote]Okay, I shall admit that the original Game Boy, as well as Color, are actually not officially supported by Nintendo anymore, but still, just how, how come the distribution of the ROMs of the games that are not only unlicensed, but also not even appreciated by Nintendo is illegal?

And also, how come that neither me nor Cheetahman92 who did similar multicarts didn't got such a vile treatment? Considering I was born and raised in a country where I've never seen or even heard of a licensed NES/Famicom cartridge, I'd actually say that the guy is just doing what he likes, not to mention that the licensed developers already got all their possible profit out from the game (the fact that you can't find it on the game stores' shelves anymore buit rather on eBay only proves it). And that the unlicensed ones (Yong Yong. Fuck this company.) didn't actually deserved the profit  :evil:  despite I know that game development is a complicated process.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 02:53:55 AM by Crash Nicker »

Pepper-98

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 07:41:25 AM »
Crash Nicker
Jun 18 2012, 02:50:20 AM
iniche
Sorry, buddy. The distribution of ROM's, official or pirated, is not legal. Since we're already doing one here, it's not any safer than doing both.[/quote]Okay, I shall admit that the original Game Boy, as well as Color, are actually not officially supported by Nintendo anymore, but still, just how, how come the distribution of the ROMs of the games that are not only unlicensed, but also not even appreciated by Nintendo is illegal?

And also, how come that neither me nor Cheetahman92 who did similar multicarts didn't got such a vile treatment? Considering I was born and raised in a country where I've never seen or even heard of a licensed NES/Famicom cartridge, I'd actually say that the guy is just doing what he likes, not to mention that the licensed developers already got all their possible profit out from the game (the fact that you can't find it on the game stores' shelves anymore buit rather on eBay only proves it). And that the unlicensed ones (Yong Yong. Fuck this company.) didn't actually deserved the profit  :evil:  despite I know that game development is a complicated process.[/quote]The first point does seem unusual, as you'd think Nintendo would be more than glad to freely distribute Chinese knockoffs, but it's more of the underlying guidelines and whatnot.  For example, criminals do bad things and go to jail for it, but they still have human rights and are protected from crimes being commited to them.  It's a law that applies to everybody for the sake of fairness.  That, and some groups may not be able to tell the difference or the law applies to that particular character/property, so anything with, say, Donkey Kong would be unallowed.  Besides, companies like Hummer Team and Sintax do have patents and rights to some of the stuff in their bootlegs, so it would still be infringement but on Nintendo's part, ironically.

You and Cheetamen were making multis for fun and not slapping them onto boards and selling them to the public, not to mention that such might actually be disallowed by companies, but they don't know about it yet.  It's not like Nintendo's goons are patrolling every corner of the internet; look at how much stuff like pirated content you can find on torrent sites and whatnot.  

Short version: It's a touchy subject.  Emulation has proven to be both good and bad; good in the sense that people have rediscovered lost classics (Earthbound sold like crap, but look at how big the series is, especially the Japan-only sequel, to the world) and translations of games that will never be localized, and bad in that it's illegal and it can (though not always) hurt sales if modern systems are in question.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 07:45:27 AM by Pepper-98 »

KAGE-008

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Starlink3854
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 02:15:47 PM »
Qiezei
Jun 18 2012, 07:41:25 AM
[Short version: It's a touchy subject.  Emulation has proven to be both good and bad; good in the sense that people have rediscovered lost classics (Earthbound sold like crap, but look at how big the series is, especially the Japan-only sequel, to the world) and translations of games that will never be localized, and bad in that it's illegal and it can (though not always) hurt sales if modern systems are in question.[/quote]Totally agreed with you Qiezei. If it wasn't for the GoodXXX sets and known dumpers (CaH4e3, TPU, maxzhou88, tszone_fc) we'd need original carts of ALL games in order to know what's inside, and it'd cost even ONE single penny to do so. But if it's a modern game, we MUST wait until it becomes 100% obsolete in a legal way (the PS2 became obsolete in March of this year, so you can try a few games for its system on an ordinary PC).

iniche

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, 03:39:07 PM »
Crash Nicker
Jun 18 2012, 02:50:20 AM
iniche

And also, how come that neither me nor Cheetahman92 who did similar multicarts didn't got such a vile treatment? Considering I was born and raised in a country where I've never seen or even heard of a licensed NES/Famicom cartridge, I'd actually say that the guy is just doing what he likes, not to mention that the licensed developers already got all their possible profit out from the game (the fact that you can't find it on the game stores' shelves anymore buit rather on eBay only proves it). And that the unlicensed ones (Yong Yong. Fuck this company.) didn't actually deserved the profit  :evil:  despite I know that game development is a complicated process.[/quote]It's called the convoluted bullshit of the law. In the case of unlicensed games, the ones that "borrow" resources from official games (thus the companies) are already an infringement. Thus the online distribution of these games is in the name of piracy, as those "borrowed" resources are further being distributed... possibly to more people who'll try to make a profit off of it (ie, put the ROM image on carts and sell them). But I'm really condensing it here; it's a lot more technical. "Pirate originals" are likewise not acceptable to be distributed.

As for your second part, Qiezei already summed it up. Even then, the free distribution of any ROM, unless it's entirely Public Domain, is not condoned (by the big guys). Distribution of PD ROM's for profit is another story. Regarding your notion that games no longer available in stores aren't a big deal, you are dangerously mistaken. Unless the company explicitly dropped the rights to a game, it doesn't matter if the game is 100 years old or if only one copy is left: its free distribution is not "legal".

Now don't get me wrong; one thing I'm not is a hypocrit. These are not my views, I'm explaining it how it is.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 03:41:11 PM by iniche »

Pepper-98

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2012, 05:24:42 PM »
...So anyways, do you plan on putting some thought into the games on the multicarts, like say your favorite games or are the multis for another purpose (such as say, compiling games of X Mapper onto a single cart) that I'm unaware of?  Just curious, because if I ever get my flash cart working (needs a particular memory card thingy I keep forgetting to import) I'd love to throw some interesting multis onto it along with the usual unlicensed stuff.

tpgb12

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2012, 08:14:57 AM »
Quote:

...So anyways, do you plan on putting some thought into the games on the multicarts, like say your favorite games or are the multis for another purpose (such as say, compiling games of X Mapper onto a single cart) that I'm unaware of? Just curious, because if I ever get my flash cart working (needs a particular memory card thingy I keep forgetting to import) I'd love to throw some interesting multis onto it along with the usual unlicensed stuff.[/quote]

I may try that when I finish the one I have not uploaded yet.  ;)