Author Topic: Alien 3/ Alien vs Predator bootleg  (Read 1842 times)

Neo__Nosferatu

• View Profile
Alien 3/ Alien vs Predator bootleg
« on: May 27, 2012, 02:17:20 AM »
First of all i would like to say hi to everyone as I just joined in.

To make a long story short I've been collecting games for over 10 years and I've never looked back. I usually concentrated on older games, collector's editions and weirder stuff but always keeping it to "legit" copies. However I've been interested in bootleg or pirated copies for quite a while but could never seem to find anything ( i live in a relatively small town in Canada and weirder games are hard to come by) Today all of that changed when I found a rather unique game in a local game store.

If you look at it real quick it just looks like a alien 3 game or a alien vs predator game. But upon closer inspection there's a lot going on here that doesn't fit. First of all the game is listed as a Alien 3 game but features both a Alien and a Predator on the cover, which is actually a zoomed copy of the 1993 Alien vs Predator: The Last of His Clan GB game. The complete title is also listed as being: VT-121 ALLIEN iii (so some weird code at the start , 2 L's and they dint even bother to cap the i to make a roman 3). The game also lacks the Nintendo seal of approval (cropped out bottom right) as well as the Activision Logo.

From what I've played the game runs exactly like the alien vs predator game.

Not being a hugely popular game, I found it weird that someone would go to the trouble to make a copy of it, but I still wanted it for my personal collection.

If anyone as any information regarding this game I would greatly like to know it to add a bit of history behind this new acquisition.

Thank you very much for your time.

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
Alien 3/ Alien vs Predator bootleg
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 12:42:20 PM »
welcome to the forum!

could you take a pic of this cart? it does sound like a fairly generic GB bootleg, but "VT" released a ton of Famicom pirate carts, and it might be connected to them given the "VT-121" code..