Author Topic: Title screen hack of Tiny Toon Adventure 3?  (Read 2994 times)

djshok

• View Profile
Title screen hack of Tiny Toon Adventure 3?
« on: February 03, 2012, 01:33:20 PM »
Would it be possible to hack Tiny Toon Adventure 3 to change the title screen so that the rabbit has some fucking legs?  I don't know much about rom hacking, but lame ass Russian pirates seem to crank out title screen hacks like it's going out of style, so I assume it can't be too difficult.  

Any info on this would be much appreciated.

Pepper-98

• View Profile
    • http://www.twitter.com/Pepper9801
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 01:46:01 PM »
It depends on certain things.  First off, you would need either hacking knowledge or a compatible graphic/tile editor (one such example is Tile Layer Pro).  Secondly, assuming you're going for the latter, you also need to see what the size of the graphic is.  For example, in an RPG such as Pokemon, the overworld sprites are about 16x16 pixels in size; this means that the sprite can only be 16x16 pixels big.  On the other hand, you could probably change the size of the graphic if you have hacking knowledge, but that would certainly be a huge endeavor (not to mention that you'd have to edit other bits of programming to compensate the changes).

In short: It's possible, but doing it may end up being more trouble than it's worth.

djshok

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 02:28:50 AM »
I was thinking about just changing the title screen.  Would that affect any of the gameplay mechanics or sprites or any of that?  The Russian title screen hacks (and there are many) change only the title screen of a game with seemingly no effects on gameplay.  They might be done by expert hackers, but judging by the lack of other changes to the ROMs I would assume the opposite.

Pepper-98

• View Profile
    • http://www.twitter.com/Pepper9801
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 08:10:16 AM »
It shouldn't be a problem; I've changed graphics with a tile editor and the games themselves never game me issues.  The only thing that might cause issues is if you changed the graphic's programming (like dimension or animation) rather than the graphics themselves.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 08:11:37 AM by Pepper-98 »