Author Topic: Any chance of making a complete list entry?  (Read 2654 times)

Azathoth

• View Profile
Any chance of making a complete list entry?
« on: November 30, 2011, 04:02:20 AM »
How does everyone feel about making a page for each system that would list all the known (dumped or not) unlicensed games categorized by system?

I know that would be a daunting task for something like the Famicom, but both the 16-bit systems and some of the handhelds wouldn't be too bad. Maybe just have a table with name, release year, publisher/developer, and genre?

Or possibly make a page with a listing of hacks that aren't really original enough to warrant a single page entry, but just have some basic info regarding what game they're based on and the changes made to them?

Both of those ideas would be something that once the initial page was made, edits could be made that would take minimal effort to update with new information. Plus it might generate more visitors to the wiki by having it show up more often in search engine results.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 04:05:26 AM by Azathoth »

Ninja-Kun

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 12:45:37 PM »
I think Taizou is working on something similar to that  :whistle:

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 06:01:40 PM »
nah, I'm working on something for plug & play systems. kinda different. :D

There's always this but it's always gonna be incomplete unless someone writes an article for every single pirate game ever (which is quite an undertaking if you include all the Waixing, Nanjing and Sintax games). So, yeah, a list for each system could be a good idea...

Azathoth

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 06:58:32 PM »
If I'm not mistaken there's a table on Segaretro that's similar to what I'm talking about. I'm sure there would be many categories that would be rather hazy to fill out (developer/publisher/release date, etc) but we could at least have the titles or aliases listed along with the genre and some other basic info. Might even be able to incorporate the undumped games list into it too.

I'm not too swift on Wiki editiing so if someone would be willing to just start a page with a basic layout of what should be included I'd be more than happy to help.