Author Topic: Pokemon Stadium MD?  (Read 12584 times)

djshok

• View Profile
Pokemon Stadium MD?
« on: September 21, 2011, 09:32:03 PM »
I've only ever seen this one video of it.  Does anyone know anything about this game, or have a ROM of it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmL5HmPKjvI&feature=related

Brn89

• View Profile
Pokemon Stadium MD?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 05:13:13 AM »
Oh cool, my video is mentioned. Thanks a bunch :D Anyway, someone gave me its ROM when I did a video of it but sadly, I don't know where it can be found.
>>mindsConnected<<
The next-generation tech forum.

Aleximus

• View Profile
Pokemon Stadium MD?
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 07:19:51 AM »
djshok, the working dump has appeared on this forum earlier.

In this topic
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 07:20:08 AM by Aleximus »

Azathoth

• View Profile
Pokemon Stadium MD?
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 01:26:12 PM »
As Aleximus mentioned, the other thread mentions both a cracked and uncracked version. The cracked version resets after a battle, the uncracked version works properly but only in the few emulators that support the copy protection.

The copy protection routines have been documented so it would be possible to patch the ROM correctly to work in any emulator or flash cartridge.

djshok

• View Profile
Pokemon Stadium MD?
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 08:14:00 PM »
Ah damn that dl link doesn't seem to work anymore.  Does anyone else have that Rom dumped? Thanks for the replies btw :)

Azathoth

• View Profile
Pokemon Stadium MD?
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 03:07:39 PM »

Ray of Lightning

• View Profile
Pokemon Stadium MD?
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 04:05:11 AM »
I'd hate to bump an absolutely ANCIENT topic but as mentioned a little higher up, the patched ROM isn't available to download anymore and I, myself, can't get HazeMD to work for pot. So, after exhausting my resources and patience, I have to ask...is there anyyyywhere were I can find the patched version? Or is it lost forever?   :\

Ray of Lightning

• View Profile
Pokemon Stadium MD?
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 02:59:05 PM »
Ahoy-hoy, yet another bump, but this time for a good reason: Pokemon Stadium MD, patched. Hosted for now by yours truly. :D

Azathoth

• View Profile
Pokemon Stadium MD?
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2013, 06:35:38 AM »
I noticed a bunch of these carts popping up lately, and up until now I had never even seen one. They're obviously reprints based on a patched version of the ROM, but is this fully patched version available for download anywhere?

All I've ever seen are the unpatched versions, or the kinda-patched one that resets after the first battle.

And for the game itself, did anyone else notice how the attack mechanic is totally different between the SNES and MD versions? By different I mean totally broken. One has the bar to select attacks rapidly changing and you have to time a button press with a little bit of skill to get it to land on a certain spot. The other just lets you fill the bar up manually until you get to whatever attack level you want. That one little change completely alters the entire game.

casperdj777

• View Profile
Pokemon Stadium MD?
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2013, 07:30:20 PM »
dead link :( please post new link to pached version -ty

Linkrulezall

• View Profile
Pokemon Stadium MD?
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2013, 11:29:52 PM »
I second Casper. If anyone has the patched ROM, please mirror it.

Yoni Arousement

• View Profile
    • http://yonihq.blogspot.com
Pokemon Stadium MD?
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2013, 12:48:34 AM »
Aw man! I used to have the ROM to the Mega Drive version already patched back in 2009, but I don't know where it went. I know for sure that I burned it into one of my CD-R's to use on an emulator for the Dreamcast, but since I no longer have that, chances are I can't find that CD. Maybe I might look for it some time.

As for how I managed to get my hands on this ROM, when I posted a video about looking at the tiles within the SNES ROM in Tile Layer Pro, someone posted a comment that contained a link to the Mega Drive version (I forget his name, of course).

I remember that someone posted a code where you can fight the other Pokémon besides Dogars under control of of the computer.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 12:52:11 AM by Yoni Arousement »

Gafe

• View Profile
Pokemon Stadium MD?
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2013, 07:20:02 AM »
Hi, here is the patched ROM: Pokemon Stadium

Robyn

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Pokemon Stadium MD?
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2013, 07:47:34 AM »
Great, only just realized these posts. :$ I was the one who gave it to Ray to mirror in the first place.

If I checked the other topics, it would've gotten uploaded quicker. :( Apologies.

djshok

• View Profile
Pokemon Stadium MD?
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2013, 03:21:30 PM »
Ok for reals, can someone post a working link lol