Author Topic: Street Fighter III 18?  (Read 9002 times)

Tansut

• View Profile
Street Fighter III 18?
« on: September 19, 2011, 05:38:42 PM »

Saw this on eBay.  Anybody got any info on this one?

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
Street Fighter III 18?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 05:46:20 PM »
Well I've never heard of it, but I'm guessing it's a hack of Street Fighter II or something.

Azathoth

• View Profile
Street Fighter III 18?
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 06:39:37 PM »
I read on a forum a while back, although I can't find the post now, that a guy had a hacked version of Street Fighter II for MD that went by another name. It ended up being just being SFII:SCE with a hacked title screen.

Not to say that's what this particular one is, but that's the only mention of a Mega Drive SFII hack I've ever seen so there's a good possibility that's what it is.

Azathoth

• View Profile
Street Fighter III 18?
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 05:53:11 PM »
Picked this up today. It's a Glorysun hack (!) of the Street Fighter II Turbo beta and the title screen christens it "Street Fighter III 18 Person". Typical lazy hack with minimal effort, resembles a lot of their earlier hack work.

The character select screen  does have 18 selectable characters; they included the 4 characters from Super SFII along with Takuma and Chzhen (?). The headshots for the 4 from SSFII are taken from SSFII, Takuma is taken from the KoF '98 pirate and Chzhen is Guile from the '98 pirate.

When you actually play the game, all the new characters are just existing characters with palette swapped outfits. Chzhen is Ken, Takuma is Ryu, DJ is Balrog, Cammy is Chun Li, T. Hawk is E. Honda, and Fei Long is M. Bison. For some reason the initial VS screen is blacked out but the post-fight one is still present. The names under the lifebars are changed, but beyond that and the palette changes I really don't see anything.

And who the hell is Chzhen?

Aleximus

• View Profile
Street Fighter III 18?
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 04:32:46 AM »
I'm waiting for dump. ^_^

To my mind, Street Fighter hack on MD is very interesting.

Doomkid

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.ws/doomkid/
Street Fighter III 18?
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2011, 10:43:21 AM »
I agree, this definitely sounds worth a play. Do the "new" charachters replace the old ones well, or are they AWFUL like in Mari Street Fighter 3? (misaligned with the ground and such)

Azathoth

• View Profile
Street Fighter III 18?
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 12:43:50 AM »
Faceplant, sorry I didn't reply two months ago when you posted. I thought I did. Being that the characters are just recolors they look and play exactly the same as anyone else only with a new colored outfit. Most of the color choices are fairly cool, and none of them are extremely weird like green skin or anything.

Attached are shots of the title screen and character select screen.

Attachments:
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 12:49:39 AM by Azathoth »

RVVD4029

• Banned
    • View Profile
Street Fighter III 18?
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 06:41:34 PM »
Also guys there is also a version undumped that replaces the characters with characters from the respective mortal kombat games instead.

Azathoth

• View Profile
Street Fighter III 18?
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2015, 12:37:09 PM »
RVVD4029
Mar 23 2015, 06:41:34 PM
Also guys there is also a version undumped that replaces the characters with characters from the respective mortal kombat games instead.[/quote]You're saying they stuck MK sprites into Street Fighter II? I don't see how they could even start to do that.

Do you have a link or any pictures?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 12:37:38 PM by Azathoth »

NintariousFamicreep

• View Profile
Street Fighter III 18?
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2015, 08:31:50 PM »
Are they by GlorySun?

TALUIGI

• View Profile
Street Fighter III 18?
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2015, 07:48:07 AM »
Hey, I'm not such a fan of Sega Mega Drive, But. i want see one rom if i can. :P