Author Topic: Two Digimon GBA videos  (Read 2888 times)

Barver

• View Profile
Two Digimon GBA videos
« on: July 31, 2011, 06:29:55 AM »
So I got two of Sky League's dumps recently but was asked not to distribute them. I was given permission to show video though, so i recorded all the gameplay there is of each.

Digimon Adventure
Kou Dai Yao Guai Zhi Hong Lan Dui Jue

That music in the 2nd game sounds like it was converted from MIDI, almost sounds similar at times to Dreams Come True's Mirai Yosouzu 2, just remixed.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 08:06:07 AM by Barver »

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
Two Digimon GBA videos
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 08:42:01 AM »
The music in the second game is most likely a MIDI conversion, and a pretty poor one quite frankly. :P Kind of reminds me of JungleTac's 16-bit games, except worse.

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Two Digimon GBA videos
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 12:08:39 PM »
So many off-key notes in the first one... <_< And even still, the second one is more painful to listen to.
Also, just realized something. Panda World for NES also has glitches in the music when certain enemies are on screen... Same programmer, I wonder? :P
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 12:14:32 PM by codeman38 »

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
Two Digimon GBA videos
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 12:34:15 PM »
codeman38
Jul 31 2011, 12:08:39 PM
So many off-key notes in the first one... <_< And even still, the second one is more painful to listen to.[/quote]I dunno, the actual songs in the first game sound fine IMO. It's the glitches that ruin it for me. I'd agree with you on the second one though, reminds me of a few intentionally awful MIDIs I did quite frankly. Also, to me parts of the song in that one sound like a really bad rendition of Imagine by John Lennon.

BTW, I'm pretty sure everyone else noticed this but one of the sound effects in the first game is stolen from Pokémon Red and Blue.

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Two Digimon GBA videos
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 01:03:26 PM »
Ugh, can't stand the music for Kou Dai Yao Guai Zhi Hong Lan Dui Jue. (But I do like how there's a Charmander on the title screen, the only Pokemon-related thing in there)

Smedis2

• View Profile
Two Digimon GBA videos
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 01:38:05 PM »
So,what have we learned here?
1-most GB pirates are clones of the same engine as Crash Bandicoot 4/Rayman 4/whatever else did this.
2-The second one is hardly even a game,all you do is shoot fire and get to a random ending.