Author Topic: PC Game Dynacom...  (Read 4613 times)

Ninja-Kun

• View Profile
PC Game Dynacom...
« on: July 22, 2011, 07:01:33 PM »
I found on Youtube an infomercial about the PC Game Dynacom, a Brazilian Famiclone which, just like many others, try to resemble an "educational computer": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLyTLgKH0wM
However, it seems that this one has difference: first of all, the Portuguese text was made by people who actually speak Portuguese (which is something we can't say about those hideous cartridges made by GameStar) and also: the "computer" comes with a fake CPU with a battery slot to save your works! At least you wouldn't lose what you wrote in the text editor. The programs include several learning programs made specially for Brazil (so I guess they were done by Dynacom itself) and a few programs stolen from the Dr. Boy. Finally, they had a now defunct website which you can see in Web Archive: http://web.archive.org/web/20071012051630/http://www2.dynacom.com.br/pcgame/
Now, this is the fun part: you can see the list of 64 games included with the system. It came with 64 games, of which the last 8 or so are Inventor hacks (Mars Man, Space War, Conte Enegy, etc.) However, instead of just listing the games they made fake descriptions for them! Complete with awful spelling mistakes ("Circus Chablite", "Binary and Land", "Albha Mission", "B-Wang") and alternative names ("Skiing" is just Slalom and "Super Key Kong" is probably "Transformers") they have some really cool plots for the games. Here are two translated examples:

CITY CONNECTION
New York, year 2055. You are part of the Stick-Face gang who just assaulted Tiffany's, the wealthiest jewel store of the entire city. That's how the craziest chase of the world begins. Scape through the cyber-streets of New York, pick up shotguns from the red boxes and take off those cats which want to hit your automobile. After all, you don't have 7 lives!
Action / All Audiences

CONTE ENEGY
In 1849, Ricksville is one of the richest cities of the Far West. A bandit gang took the city by assault and then they hide all the money at an old abandoned mine called Conte Enegy. A brave cowboy like you can't let that happen! Recover the city's money, digging where the bandits are hiding.
Action / All Audiences

Finally, it's cool to note that a couple of games like "Kung Fu" (strange they call it by its American name instead of Spartan X) is for "kids older than 12 years old".

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
PC Game Dynacom...
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 07:14:57 PM »
And I thought the Action 52 manual was full of ridiculously stupid and unrelated plotlines. :P Just wondering, are you translating all of these? My knowledge of Spanish (and pretty much every other language, for that matter) is practically zilch. :\

Ninja-Kun

• View Profile
PC Game Dynacom...
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 07:22:02 PM »
Yup, I translated them from Portuguese. There are a couple of other funny ones. Here's one more:

It's 1942. World War II. And you're a French pilot from the Charles de Gaulle Air Force. Your mission is resisting until death against the attack of Germany's 3rd Reich who wants to invade France. Resist while throwing your whole bomb and missile armory against the German enemy. Be brave, lieutenant!

No comments :P

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
PC Game Dynacom...
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 07:24:30 PM »
Ninja-Kun
Jul 22 2011, 07:22:02 PM
Yup, I translated them from Portuguese. There are a couple of other funny ones. Here's one more:

It's 1942. World War II. And you're a French pilot from the Charles de Gaulle Air Force. Your mission is resisting until death against the attack of Germany's 3rd Reich who wants to invade France. Resist while throwing your whole bomb and missile armory against the German enemy. Be brave, lieutenant!

No comments :P[/quote]Keep forgetting that Dynacom are a Brazillian company. :facepalm:

Also, don't you play as an American pilot in 1942?

Ninja-Kun

• View Profile
PC Game Dynacom...
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 07:26:35 PM »
You're trying to ask some logic to a company which normally sells Famiclones with a shitload of Nice Code games :P

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
PC Game Dynacom...
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 07:27:02 PM »
I think this is the original manufacturer: http://www.gameinis.com/console/console1.html
I guess Dynacom did the Portuguese translation themselves if it's decent though.

& its cool that it actually saves stuff, that seems like such a simple feature to add (if Nanjing and Waixing can make games that save, it can't be hard) but the makers of computer famiclones never usually bother with it.

do you have any idea what Skate Board Wood is btw? I've seen it in game lists before and assumed it was just Adventure Island hacked so you start with the skateboard or something.

Ninja-Kun

• View Profile
PC Game Dynacom...
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 07:29:47 PM »
To be honest I have no idea :( Do you know what Quad Challenge might be?
Also, thanks for the link: I knew this couldn't be original since the other "computers" Dynacom launched were just the Asder PC-95 ones translated to Portuguese.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
PC Game Dynacom...
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 07:31:22 PM »
taizou
Jul 22 2011, 07:27:02 PM
do you have any idea what Skate Board Wood is btw? I've seen it in game lists before and assumed it was just Adventure Island hacked so you start with the skateboard or something.[/quote]Sounds like T&C Surf Designs to me, could be wrong though.

And I'm pretty sure Quad Challenge is Gekitotsu Yonku Battle.

Ninja-Kun

• View Profile
PC Game Dynacom...
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 07:35:35 PM »
By the way, it's curious that, in that website the boxes of the Famiclones have Spanish writing even if the website is in English. I suppose they're targeting the Latin market.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
PC Game Dynacom...
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2011, 07:45:12 PM »
Completely forgot about this until now, but a few months ago I came across this video of the Powerstation 2 off that website. Taking educated guesses, I think Quebert is Q-Bert, Helicopter is Raid on Bungeling Bay, Toy Story 1 and 2 are hacks of other games, Painter is Brush Roller, Frogger is that JungleTac(?) port, Double Dragon is actually the second game in the series and Astroids is a port of Asteroids.

Ninja-Kun

• View Profile
PC Game Dynacom...
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2011, 07:49:05 PM »
If it's just like on the Funtime multicarts, then one of the "Toy Story" games is Bomberman starred by Woody and the other one is just Circus Charlie starting on level 3.

TALUIGI

• View Profile
PC Game Dynacom...
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2014, 07:35:44 PM »
Sorry for ULTRA MEGA ULTRA BLASTER Bump but, heres the translation of BOMB JACK
BOMB JACK, more know has a mouse with blue mask, is mission is impossible: get his robbed money in his city and hided on the evil pyramid to get the money jump on the chests and don't forget to eat APPLES for get energy. CAUTION Run away flying of skulls, poison mushrooms and turtles ADVENTURE

Twin Bee: You are the Twin Bee, a cool bee that walks tranquily getting his honey on Bikini islands. But got people behind you! alot of EVIL Plants and another more, wants attack you. Use you ability to shoot on clouds and get the bells and powerups and SHOOT N GO!

NINJA 2 : You are in trouble, MAN! Challenged the most powerful warrior on the earth, THE NINJAS! Now you have to fight to make a invasion to the fortress and get the golden chip back.

ROBEBRER, Is so much fun playing with shuttlecock but, now, the shuttlecock now is alive and they. get life and they got mad, the shuttlecock players brothers need to destroy them bouncing they heads to throw they away. Caution with the head! These creatures are so mad. Get the money, Kick them and GOODBYE shuttlecocks

Penguin, the bad guy of the Candy Land, Cheated he, Captured Candy, He's Girlfriend, And throwed them in a prision, that looks like a Checkboard. Help bubble and save his girlfriend. Run away from Penguin, He's the bad guy. and Watchout! to not fall on the sea. Eat the fruits to get health, and please save her.