Author Topic: Super CR4P 7  (Read 3910 times)

iniche

• View Profile
Super CR4P 7
« on: July 15, 2011, 12:24:11 AM »
Have any of you guys seen the Hell Hack of Super C SMWHacker88 and I worked on?

Well anyway, the main interest in this topic is another hack we worked on: Super *Parc Backwards* 7. You may have guessed it, it's a hack of Super Contra 7. Now, the difficulty is insanely hard (read: insanity); but gamers who've frequented Doom modding communities may know about Jokewads with similar characteristics, and so this may not be unusual to them.

So, as the title may suggest, this is essentially a joke hack (or joke ROM) of Super Contra 7. Now, Super C Hell Hack may be a killer hard hack we made, but it's at least reasonable and genuine challenge and can be beaten. To beat Super YONG YONG 7 genuinely, you must have no life :P

Interesting features of Super *parc backwards* 7:

-Levels hacked to be very hard.
-Every level is packed to the brim with enemies.
-New, unused enemies populate the levels, all stored in the ROM, including an indestructible variant of the gun dispenser.
-Enemies of different levels found on different levels.
-Many enemies are given insane strength.
-New enemies/boss behaviour.
-Getting powerup isn't so easy.
-The extra lives cheat isn't going to help you... AT ALL.
-Modified graphics and palette for almost everything.
-Music is partially modified.
-Sound effects are heavily modified and can really drive you mad!!!

This hack is recommended to be played with infinite lives, at least, and even then, be prepared to spend a good amount of time battling your way through.

And so, without further TO DO, I present to you, SUPER *PARC BACKWARDS* 7:
http://www.mediafire.com/?d7odvxeh4178mme
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 12:30:56 AM by iniche »

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
Super CR4P 7
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 12:31:25 AM »
iniche
Jul 15 2011, 12:24:11 AM
Now, the difficulty is insanely hard (read: insanity); but gamers who've frequented Doom modding communities may know about Jokewads with similar characteristics, and so this may not be unusual to them.[/quote]Reminds me of a WAD I played once. :whistle:

BTW, I actually got this file a few weeks ago. Can't remember where from though.

iniche

• View Profile
Super CR4P 7
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 12:55:13 AM »
Cheetahmen
Jul 15 2011, 12:31:25 AM
iniche
Now, the difficulty is insanely hard (read: insanity); but gamers who've frequented Doom modding communities may know about Jokewads with similar characteristics, and so this may not be unusual to them.[/quote]Reminds me of a WAD I played once. :whistle:

BTW, I actually got this file a few weeks ago. Can't remember where from though.[/quote]Possibly from SMWHacker88 or kage-008.

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Super CR4P 7
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 09:11:22 AM »
I moved it to hacking center because it's appropriate for this forum.

Anyways, I played this hack before and the only thing I can say is that's it is hard as hell.
Ok, a few things to point out about the hack:
1) For whatever reason, that version up for download doesn't work in Nestopia. (Does anyone know any other emulators it works in?)
2) There's a glitch in Level 4 where if the turret and the flying robot appears on the screen, the turret glitches.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 10:53:44 AM by KingPepe »

KAGE-008

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Starlink3854
Super CR4P 7
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 11:50:54 AM »
iniche
Interesting features of Super *parc backwards* 7:

-Levels hacked to be very hard.
-Every level is packed to the brim with enemies.
-New, unused enemies populate the levels, all stored in the ROM, including an indestructible variant of the gun dispenser.
-Enemies of different levels found on different levels.
-Many enemies are given insane strength.
-New enemies/boss behaviour.
-Getting powerup isn't so easy.
-The extra lives cheat isn't going to help you... AT ALL.
-Modified graphics and palette for almost everything.
-Music is partially modified.
-Sound effects are heavily modified and can really drive you mad!!![/quote]Also, if you hold A+B and press START, you'll get a credits sequence with fast scrolling, and there is no demonstration of all the levels: after the credits, it brings you back to the title screen.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 11:53:48 AM by KAGE-008 »