Author Topic: Kirby's Super Star pirate  (Read 6569 times)

Barver

• View Profile
Kirby's Super Star pirate
« on: July 09, 2011, 03:38:10 AM »
I've mentioned it a few times here and there I think but haven't made a topic, so just so it's more "out there"...

Back in around 2001 or so, I found a Japanese website that talked about MD pirates, among them Pokemon Stadium and Kirby's Super Star. Back then, Pokemon Stadium wasn't known at all, but eventually the HazeMD emulator came out and suddenly it was dumped, which reminded me of that website and seeing a supposed Kirby's Super Star also existed. So with that I've gone all this time now assuming that this game does really exist, it's just super rare. But I've yet to find any proof of it at all, besides someone else I know saying he also recalls hearing about it, and even having someone send him a pic of it, though I've yet to get him motivated enough to try to see if he's still got that pic anywhere. I'll try asking him again right now...

Anyway, this is all basically just to make it more known, since I don't know how many people have ever seen me mention this supposed game. For all I know it doesn't exist. If anyone has any contacts or anything, make sure to let them know =p Also keep an eye out yourselves. Bet if it does exist its probably a titlescreen hack of something, but you never know.

Wish I could find the website, but it's probably long gone. All I remember is that it had a pinkish background and I always found it by doing a search for Donkey Kong 99. Probably was a geocities site. If only I knew how to find it through archive.org again :/
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 03:42:33 AM by Barver »

PlayerSecelt

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 07:47:49 AM »
That's an interesting find. I never heard about that one.

Barver

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 09:31:14 PM »
Well, my friend now says he might actually own the game :o Not too out there since this is the same guy who had Tiny Toon 3 but never bothered digging it out or even thinking about it until I mentioned it to him, which is where all those pics came from. :)

Hopefully I'll be able to update with some good news.

Barver

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 11:19:28 PM »
False alarm about him owning it XD

But there's still hope for a pic possibly.

Azathoth

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 01:08:25 AM »
Until I read this post I had no idea that Pokemon Stadium even existed outside the SNES version. Thanks for pointing that out! Too bad it's not cracked, hopefully that will happen soon.

Barver

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 05:53:25 AM »
The SNES Pokemon Stadium was cracked by d4s I thought. I remember him having a patch for it on his website anyway. I know there's at least videos of the game on youtube, so there's a way people are playing it.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 05:53:45 AM by Barver »

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 06:26:02 AM »
Yeah, I definitely recall both versions being playable. That said, I think the ROM of the Mega Drive version resets whenever you win a battle.

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 04:43:31 PM »
Cheetahmen
Jul 12 2011, 06:26:02 AM
Yeah, I definitely recall both versions being playable. That said, I think the ROM of the Mega Drive version resets whenever you win a battle.[/quote]The Mega Drive version definitely exists as a dump-- I found a cracked version on a Chinese site a while back.

PlayerSecelt

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 04:58:45 PM »
I saw a ROM of the MD version on some site that looked like a forum, the Pokémon Stadium ROM and ROMs of some other pirated games were there, all in a RAR folder.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2011, 05:01:15 PM »
PlayerSecelt
Jul 12 2011, 04:58:45 PM
I saw a ROM of the MD version on some site that looked like a forum, the Pokémon Stadium ROM and ROMs of some other pirated games were there, all in a RAR folder. [/quote]I might be wrong, but I think that's the site codeman38 was referring to in the previous post. May I ask what the site is, BTW?

Azathoth

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2011, 06:29:57 PM »
codeman38
Jul 12 2011, 04:43:31 PM
Cheetahmen
Jul 12 2011, 06:26:02 AM
Yeah, I definitely recall both versions being playable. That said, I think the ROM of the Mega Drive version resets whenever you win a battle.[/quote]The Mega Drive version definitely exists as a dump-- I found a cracked version on a Chinese site a while back.[/quote]I guess I should clariify; the existing ROM that works in HazeMD is not cracked. It's a straight up dump of the cart with the copy protection intact and HazeMD emulates the copy protection so it works. Since the ROM isn't properly cracked it won't work on any other emulator or a flash cart.

If a cracked version of this is available, then I'd love to get a copy of that!

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2011, 08:25:34 PM »
...if this is a port of the original Kirby Super Star, I'm afraid to see how this will turn out. (I wonder if the partner system is even intact)

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2011, 10:59:16 PM »
Azathoth
Jul 12 2011, 06:29:57 PM
I guess I should clariify; the existing ROM that works in HazeMD is not cracked. It's a straight up dump of the cart with the copy protection intact and HazeMD emulates the copy protection so it works. Since the ROM isn't properly cracked it won't work on any other emulator or a flash cart.

If a cracked version of this is available, then I'd love to get a copy of that![/quote]The copy of Pokemon Stadium that I found runs fine in Kega Fusion. Here 'tis:
http://fyels.com/TvO00p

Edit: ...Come to think of it, I recall having this discussion in the past, and I seem to recall that this ROM didn't work on a flash cart either, though it does run fine in emulators other than HazeMD.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 11:00:46 PM by codeman38 »

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2011, 05:24:41 AM »
Wait, so there's a ROM that only works in HazeMD and another version of it that works on every other emulator apart from HazeMD? O_o

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2011, 10:22:51 AM »
No, I meant that it works in other emulators in addition to HazeMD. Bad wording on my part. :)