Author Topic: Seeking Assistance: Locating Game Logos for NES Bootleg Translations  (Read 343 times)

agg1401

• View Profile
Hello everyone,

I want to translate NES Bootleg games into Turkish, but I can't find the locations of some game logos. How can I find the logos of these games?

For example: Fairy's Treasure.

I tried to find the location using FCEUX, but it directs me to the in-game texts.

Your thoughts are important.

lancuster

• View Profile
Re: Seeking Assistance: Locating Game Logos for NES Bootleg Translations
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2024, 07:42:39 AM »
Hello everyone,

I want to translate NES Bootleg games into Turkish, but I can't find the locations of some game logos. How can I find the logos of these games?

For example: Fairy's Treasure.

I tried to find the location using FCEUX, but it directs me to the in-game texts.

Your thoughts are important.
If you are looking for a logo, then you need to look for it in the graphics data. Although, company logos in translations are usually not translated, it is the title page that is translated, definitely not the logo.
Start the ROM, turn on the Code/Data Logger, after capturing the title page, click Pause, then go to the Hex Editor -> ROM and look for the data responsible for the title and other inscriptions. But this method doesn't work here, because there is a nuance.
This game, like some other Nice Code games, uses an inverted table, where 00=FF, respectively, the data will have to be counted in a similar way. And yes, the title page uses RLE (Run Length Encrypt) compression, so you may have to delve into the intricacies of editing within this compression.

agg1401

• View Profile
Re: Seeking Assistance: Locating Game Logos for NES Bootleg Translations
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2024, 10:52:00 PM »
Greetings. Thank you for this valuable information. I will be using it soon as I start translating the game Fairy's Treasure.